It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:01 am

Free Newsletter

My experience on Duromine for 25 days... no more!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: My experience on Duromine for 25 days... no more!

Postby Blitz » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:35 pm

Coco, thanks for your post. You've learnt this lesson the hard way and know what a dead end it is.
When will people wake up to the fact that there are no short cuts in weight loss? :roll:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby cocochanel87 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:48 am

There really isn't a short cut!

There are tips and tricks for eating certain foods to help you feel full longer and there are certain exercises you can push yourself through that will burn more calories per minute than other exercises.... but that's about as far as short cuts go when it comes to losing weight!

I am forever grateful though that I did try Duromine myself so I could see what an absolute nightmare it was first hand and could see how much it sent my body out of whack - I'm normally a sensitive person when it comes to imbalances within my body so other people who aren't may not feel the crazy side effects I did but even if I forget to drink 3L of a water one day, the next day my body goes haywire. So I learned very very fast how terrible it was and thank goodness I did.

Once you start it just gets easier and easier and easier, especially after the first 2 weeks, I absolutely look forward to my exercising now and huffing and puffing with sweat running off me like I'm under a shower :lol: The healthy eating seems to just come naturally once you are active as your body starts really giving you true signals as to what it needs and when it needs it. Then you start feeling like absolute crap when you eat bad food and your mind will automatically adjust to make you reject the idea of eating bad food!

I've also learned to "decipher" what my cravings mean. Your body remembers what type of nutrition or energy levels you received after eating certain foods and your brain gives you those cravings and makes you remember certain tastes and smells... so if I've gotten cravings to have a milkshake or ice cream I think maybe my body is wanting me to have some dairy which to me = more calcium! So i'll find the healthy alternative to getting calcium into my body. Also if I'm craving cashews (which is very fattening if you decide to eat a whole bag lol) then I know I need some magnesium. Also if I'm craving steak or beef bolognese etc (red meat) I figure it's wanting iron so I add extra steamed spinach to that night's meal.

Acknowledging the cravings but giving myself that "ingredient" or "vitamin/mineral" in a healthier way has been extremely helpful!
cocochanel87

Postby Blitz » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:50 am

No short cuts that's for sure. The only way to do it properly is to do it smart. Get all the sensible advice that you can. After all there really isn't any sense in re-inventing the wheel.

When people ask me how I managed to lose all that weight...I always answer first off "one sweat drop at a time!"
When I get off my exercise bike, my wife and daughter comment - "look out! here comes the sweaty monster!" :lol:

When I started losing weight I knew very little about how to go about it. My instincts was just to use common sense. Fortunately, I stumbled onto the right path. Common sense gave me a few ground rules that helped me go far. My first maxim was "listen to your body". Right through my journey whether it was exercise or what to eat...I kept a weathered eye on how my body responded. Nowadays I know my body really well and can usually anticipate what is happening to it at any given time or circumstance.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk