It is currently Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:49 am

Free Newsletter

Easter...boom or bust?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Easter...boom or bust?

Postby Blitz » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:15 am

Last year on this Forum at this time it was so quiet here you could see the tumbleweeds rolling down the main board with the smell of death and defeat in the wings! :shock:

Why is Easter so hard? Why is there this overwhelming compulsion to throw over our left shoulders everything we have worked so hard for - just for a handful of cheap chocolate eggs usually made from the meanest quality chocolate known to mankind? Are we so lacking in character that this lure is enough to compromise that healthy lifestyle that we so faithfully promised ourselves? Is Easter just an excuse we give ourselves to dive out of the responsibility we said we would take of our lives?

It doesn't have to be boom or bust. Easter doesn't have to be about putting your trotters in the trough or being a wowser (the greatest sin that any Australian could ever be accused of in this culture). Like all special occasions that happen in life, Easter too, should be managed. Plan ahead - then you plan to succeed.

Set your Limit
The whole chocolate factory doesn't have to be eaten before the light goes on that you may have eaten too much. Decide ahead what your quota is.

Eating with Thought
When Holland was liberated from the Germans, my mother as a child received a chocolate bar from a Canadian soldier. She hadn't even seen chocolate before and had no idea what it was. Encouraged by the adults she tried it and loved it! She ate it slowly and savoured every bit of it. She never forgot that moment. Are you eating to enjoy it or just eating?

Quality over Quantity
It is far better to buy a few quality items than buying bulk cheap chocolate. The lower the cost - the higher the fat and sugar content.

Daily Allocation
When I was a kid, my siblings and myself would devour our lollies and chocolates in one quick sitting...except my younger sister. She would eat a little bit each day; much to the dismay of the rest of us who would have to watch with longing. We are not kids...surely we are mature enough to ration out our chocolate so our body can reasonably adsorb all those extra calories? That way we can exercise as we go...rather than be overwhelmed by the calorie overload.

Hope this is helpful.
Happy Easter responsibly - and eat responsibly! 8)
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!

Re: Easter...boom or bust?

Postby Matt76 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:36 am

Thanks Kim, a good reminder to us all to keep on track this Easter.

Return to Weight loss Talk