It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:05 am

Free Newsletter

Does anyone feel their fat reducing?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Does anyone feel their fat reducing?

Postby Tams » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:32 pm

This is a really weird sounding question, but I wanted to know if anyone feels the fat leaving? Or conversely, do you feel the fat multiplying?

For me, usually at night as I lie in bed, I believe I feel each scenario. It's pretty hard to describe, but it's kind of like a ticking feeling. It will always start in the easiest places to lose or add weight (which is individual), and loss feels different to gain - gain is 'itchier'.

Weird, huh? Anyone else?
Tams

Re: Does anyone feel their fat reducing?

Postby Blitz » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:52 am

Not for me. When I was losing weight I was usually so tired out that when I hit my bed I was out like a light.

There was a period in my weight loss (about a month and a half) when my skin developed small fatty lumps. I always thought of them as the fat in my skin trying to get out. :lol:

As I have said on many occasions...the mind is a very deceptive and powerful thing. Internal organs have no nerve endings and therefore don't give out sensations. Your mind is playing tricks.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:56 am

I definitely feel something....but it's usually just my stomach rumbling/gurgling like crazy from having gone to bed feeling somewhat "peckish" resulting in me drifting off to sleep with the sound of my belly loudly complaining and my mind filling my head with images of all the food I plan/hope to consume the next day!!! :lol:
DD Diva

Postby äirly » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:07 pm

DD Diva wrote:I definitely feel something....but it's usually just my stomach rumbling/gurgling like crazy from having gone to bed feeling somewhat "peckish" resulting in me drifting off to sleep with the sound of my belly loudly complaining and my mind filling my head with images of all the food I plan/hope to consume the next day!!! :lol:

This is me! :( Or I wake up at 4.00am and my stomach starts and I start dreaming about breakfast! But for some reason the hunger usually wears off by breakfast time?
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby Tams » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:22 pm

lol guys!! :lol:

But I don't believe this is my mind playing tricks on me, because sometimes the 'ticking' is visible. I guess this is the fat just under the skin though. I really hate the 'mulitplying' sensation...on the flip side, if it IS mind tricks, then I'm all for encouraging the 'loss' sensations because they do correlate with actual proof of loss (weight and size). It would be pretty good to harness the brain to MAKE the body lose!

By the way, internal organs would certainly have nerves, otherwise they wouldn't function, nor would anyone need pain relief for surgeries or cancers??
Tams

Postby Blitz » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:43 am

I have shelves of books on the subject of how easy it is for the mind to play tricks. I can recommend Dariel Fitzkee's book "The Trick Brain" (a classic in the field of study) for anyone interested. Yes, the placebo effect is indeed very effective.

No...there are no nerve endings internally. These are all external. Pain is "picked up" by the external nerve endings that is why your doctor is part detective. When you are describing the pain he/she is not just interested where but also how you describe it's direction, sharpness and character - that clues the doctor about which of the organs is giving the problem. Pain relief is relief from the signals of the external nerve endings. I'm having a vasectomy soon. In this procedure they will not be giving pain relief for any of my internal organs...nope I'll be given a "local" to deaden the pain and then they will cut to their hearts content how ever deep they want to go! :shock: :lol:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Weight loss Talk