It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:15 pm

Free Newsletter

seriously...what is wrong with me???

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

seriously...what is wrong with me???

Postby garn » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:28 pm

Here i am, lying in bed, wondering how and why I've managed to stuff myself full of crap food and drink...so much so that i have a sore tummy! Honestly, im a grown woman, shouldn't i have some sort of control here? Apart from the ultra depressing fact i piled on all the 10kg i lost on jenny Craig ,have a knee injury so cant take doggy on his daily walk, and now i cant fit into my jeans again...again...sigh...i am sooooo tired, if you know what i mean... I just want to be able to NOT think about food or when my next 'feed' is due. Im tired of putting the effort in, only to see it wasted when i don't pay attention... Will it be like this always... Obviously my mindset is in a crap place right now and i have a sore tum tum and feel a bit icky just to top it off..... Just throwing the words out as i go, i needed to get it out and hoping i can face tomorrow a bit more positively and with less chewing, Couldn't bring myself to get on the scales today....will brave them tomorrow to check the damage.... Anyways thanx for reading.
A.

Mini Goal 100
garn

Re: seriously...what is wrong with me???

Postby Blitz » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:36 am

The Forum is a great place to unload and get support. We are here for you.

I'm reminded of an agony aunt column that used to run years ago in the magazine "Campus Life". It was called "I Never Promised You a Disneyland". Much the same can be said about the weight loss journey. It isn't going to be Disneyland - but in the end it IS going to be worth it.

Why is the journey so hard specially for some (majority?)? I think it is because often they knee-cap their own progress. Take your example...you have done the hard good work and lost 10 whole kilos! But only to throw it all away. What happened? It is my belief that somewhere in the core of your mind it wants for the status quo.

To undertake weight loss with only sheer will power is to my way of thinking a lonely path that leads to despair. I believe the more successful way is to first audit your mind. Figure all the reasons for wanting (and needing) to lose weight (important and the most mundane) and then list all the reasons for NOT losing (there must be a pay off - identifying them is helpful). Once that is done you can start selling yourself on the idea why losing is far more important than not losing. Once you start doing that then need for change becomes apparent. When that takes hold into your very being then weight loss becomes no longer a wish, nor a want but a MUST. Then real CHANGE (of character) will occur and it no longer becomes a question of will power but a question of character. If you like, it isn't about what you do but rather WHO YOU ARE (character).

I do hope the morning light dawns with new hope for you tomorrow. I do urge you to stay on the Forum and continue your journey. A place like this full of like minded souls can be helpful in gaining new insight and at the very least give you support in his hard lonely journey.

We can't promise you a Disneyland...but we can help you towards a better future! :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:37 am

garn wrote:Here i am, lying in bed, wondering how and why I've managed to stuff myself full of crap food and drink...so much so that i have a sore tummy! Honestly, im a grown woman, shouldn't i have some sort of control here? Apart from the ultra depressing fact i piled on all the 10kg i lost on jenny Craig ,have a knee injury so cant take doggy on his daily walk, and now i cant fit into my jeans again...again...sigh...i am sooooo tired, if you know what i mean... I just want to be able to NOT think about food or when my next 'feed' is due. Im tired of putting the effort in, only to see it wasted when i don't pay attention... Will it be like this always... Obviously my mindset is in a crap place right now and i have a sore tum tum and feel a bit icky just to top it off..... Just throwing the words out as i go, i needed to get it out and hoping i can face tomorrow a bit more positively and with less chewing, Couldn't bring myself to get on the scales today....will brave them tomorrow to check the damage.... Anyways thanx for reading.
A.

Wow, there's a lot of stuff going on in your head Garn! :shock:
Look, I know you feel bad about regaining your weight but what you need to do is:
1. Stop beating yourself up (what's done is done)
2. Take the time to recover from your injury (no point trying to run marathons if you can't even get out of bed)
3. Start the new (weight loss) journey in your head (it takes less effort and once you've got the negativity out of the equation, will be mentally ready to make a positive restart of losing the regained weight).

I always like remind myself that wherever there's life, there's hope!!
Forget the beating, remember the feeling of achieving your goals and remind yourself that YOU DID IT ONCE, YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN!!!
And finally, know that we'll be with you along the way to support you!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby JP1 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:47 am

DD Diva wrote:3. Start the new (weight loss) journey in your

Spot on, this is where the battle is won or lost, don't even bother trying if you haven't got this part right, you'll fold faster than Superman on laundry day otherwise..
:oops:
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby garn » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:10 am

Hi, feeling better this morning, the sun is out, blue sky a bit of a cold bite to the air.
Weighed in, wrote it down, started food diary. Poached eggs, an orange and a big glass of water for brekky.
Need to stop being lazy and grazing my way through the day and actually cook something decent.
Dreading sugar withdrawal...got some diet cordial on hand in case it gets really bad. Need to work out a work plan..... Bickies,lollies and cheescake Tuesdays are going to be hard to avoid, along with all the other meeting pastry type leftovers that sit in the lunchroom.... Since we moved office (which had none of the above) its been quite difficult for all of us girls to maintain weight...plus our new site has a canteen with all sorts of goodies......any ideas would be great...

Thanks heaps

Mini Goal 100
garn

Postby JP1 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:25 am

Our office is bad for it, all the girls are over weight, we have lollies and other goodies hanging about all the time, my favourites are the jelly snakes :oops: but I digress..

We also have cake, black forest and cheese cakes for everyone's birthdays.. I'm afraid there's not much advise I can give you than to steadfastly say No thanks and just keep your mind off the lolly jar.. I'm not going to say it's easy in the beginning, the temptation is just so strong but I can tell you once you are past the first few weeks you begin to not even notice them..

I'm off all the coloured waters and diet drinks too now, bar the odd one for a special treat and 99% on water apart from one coffee a day! anything else is just wasted calories really..

I'm not great on advice, your out of action with regard exercise by the sounds but try to mentally prepare yourself for that in whatever guise you decide on and as foe eats, I'm not the best at preparation and luckily I have a lot of my meals either made for me or else the LnE or similar types.. You intrinsically know what is good and bad for you..

Remember the longest journey starts with the first step so just decide on a course of action (direction) and don't turn back..
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby Blitz » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:23 am

What you have to do is get your head to think straight about the issue. The message you have to sell yourself on is that the food at work isn't yours. Drive home as many points as you can think of why it isn't yours (ie you are only eating healthy; you've had a life times worth of eating cupcake so you have reached your quota; it really is owed by someone else etc). That means that it belongs to other people and has no part or hold on you. This is where character steps in (who you are when no one is watching). Once you have established that these foods aren't yours then partaking of them means that you are taking what doesn't belong to you. The issue has now been upped. It is no longer about snacking - it is now about stealing and how you view yourself as a moral character.

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:05 am

Take it one day at a time,one meal at a time,
look in the mirror and tell yourself something you need too hear...
My husband taught me that one,
being a stay at home mum with kids growing up and doing there own thing,i started too get lost...

Its like anything your head has too be in the right place and you have too believe in yourself,
tell your self every morning you can do it,
say it looking at yourself in the mirror,
smile at yourself and love yourself for making yourself feel better...

don't beet yourself up if you go wrong,dust yourself off and start again,
just remember one day at a time...

smile be happy,at first your feel its false but your soon become too believe it and it soon becomes whom you are,
and you will feel so much better for it...

a baby starts with baby steps,so start with everyday doing something a little better,
eg .. you usually go out with girlfriends and have cream cake mug of coffee,today have a date scone with a small skim milk coffee,
come home and tell yourself how well your done,
look at the positives not the negatives...negativity never gets any of us anywhere,all it does is make us look ugly...

TOU CAN DO IT..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby tinkerbella » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:12 am

a song for you....
for you from me,
whom are you,
im Sam lol....
http://youtu.be/ZBkoJLclZkk
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby äirly » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:41 pm

We've all been there before ;)

Really, the only thing you can do is what you've done... get up, face a new day, start again...

:)
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby AndyJ » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:14 am

Nothing is wrong with you, you're human after all.

But as a Human, you have the ability to also make choices, you have to learn that what ever you eat, is your choice, that you don't have to eat to much, or eat the wrong foods.

It is a mental game, a tough one at that.

Mental strength is so important.
High : 136 Kg (Oct 2006)
Low : 76.6 Kg (Mar 2007)
Current : 87.15 Kg (13th Aug 2014)
Goals. : 78-79kg Kg
Maximum Allowed: 81 Kg
AndyJ

Postby Blitz » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:25 pm

AndyJ wrote:It is a mental game, a tough one at that.

Mental strength is so important.

I guess that is where I fundamentally disagree with you.
I believe it is a question of character. Who you are rather than just what you do.

I really hated it when towards the end of my weight loss people would come up to me and say something like "I really admire your tremendous will power and mental strength". Why? Because it let's them off the hook. It makes me (to them) exceptional and beyond what they can do. I have no greater will power or mental strength than them. Heck if I did, would I have become super morbidly obese in the first place? No, this kind of thinking leads to abdication of the responsibility to change our character (getting real with ourselves).

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:50 pm

I think you're both right! Weight loss (in my opinion) is a combination of common sense mixed with mental and physical agility!!
The use of common sense and exercising a little willpower helps to build and adds to ones character. However, there is no doubt that is ones character is lacking to begin with, success is short lived!!!
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:56 am

DD Diva wrote:I think you're both right! Weight loss (in my opinion) is a combination of common sense mixed with mental and physical agility!!
The use of common sense and exercising a little willpower helps to build and adds to ones character. However, there is no doubt that is ones character is lacking to begin with, success is short lived!!!

(said with a real uppity condescending voice) "What?...dare disagree with me, knave?!!!" :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

That's the beauty of Forums...whether we believe we are right or wrong...everybody's voice has a right to be heard. And each reader will make their own judgement! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby AndyJ » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:59 am

You're probably right.

I am hopeless at this stuff, I ate crap in the first place to be fat, so that does make me weak.

You say Character, I agree, but what words would you use to describe a Character losing over 50kg??
High : 136 Kg (Oct 2006)
Low : 76.6 Kg (Mar 2007)
Current : 87.15 Kg (13th Aug 2014)
Goals. : 78-79kg Kg
Maximum Allowed: 81 Kg
AndyJ

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk