It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:55 pm

Free Newsletter

Lite n easy - one month in...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Lite n easy - one month in...

Postby LittleMsStyle » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:26 pm

Hi - I'm one month in to my Lite N Easy journey and have lost about 4 kgs (86kg down to 82kg).

I'm on the 1200 calorie plan and I order 5 days a week lunches and dinners.

I haven't excercised at all (started yesterday and decided to try to keep that going).

I'm just getting to the point of wishing for my own food - I don't plan to leave Lite n Easy (it's both conventient, easy and it works for me) but interested in other's POSITIVE stories of lite n easy or perhaps you're just starting out like me, and we can talk about our ups and downs? I'd love some motivation or suggestions on how to overcome this little slump.

Love to hear from you all :)
LittleMsStyle

Re: Lite n easy - one month in...

Postby DD Diva » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:35 pm

Hello and welcome LittleMsStyle! :)

L&E have some nice meals, and some not so nice meals...guess it depends on what you enjoy.

It is certainly a worthwhile program, and especially for convenience (and washing up!!) but the cost can mount up. These days with the world wide web at your finger tips you can look up all kinds of healthy recipes and cook these up in big batches and freeze them yourself for much less the cost of a week's dinners.

Regardless, no matter what it is you decide to do/follow, as long as you're happy and looking after your health; it's all good!!! :wink:

Looking forward to you joining in the conversations, and travelling this journey together. We're all here for you!! :wink:

Cheers,
Diva
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:56 pm

Why I do believe there are a whole slew of healthy recipes that can be found right here on this web site! 8)

If you read Natasha's thread in the Food Diary section you can catch up with her experience. Like you she was wrapped with the program at first. She took the opportunity to learn about portion sizes and healthy food choices. She was very surprised by how much food you can have if you eat with healthy choices - and how delicious it was. However, after a time she found that the food started to disagree with her and she quickly decided that she couldn't stomach it any more. But she has used their food as a template for her own cooking...and it does seem to be working out for her.

Congrats on your success so far. Glad to hear that you have started exercising. Towards the sharp end of your journey that will make all the difference.

This Forum is a great place to share your journey. If you are in a slump, having a plateau, need an understanding ear or maybe some helpful advice or suggestions - you can find it here.

What is your story and your goals? We would love to be a part of your journey. :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby JP1 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 am

I last 14 LnE meals, I agree with Diva, they were OK but tbh there are better/cheaper options both at Woolies and make your own.. Teaches you portion control and is too easy to prepare though, you go for it, it will definately help you..
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby tinkerbella » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:35 am

LittleMsStyle wrote:Hi - I'm one month in to my Lite N Easy journey and have lost about 4 kgs (86kg down to 82kg).

I'm on the 1200 calorie plan and I order 5 days a week lunches and dinners.

I haven't excercised at all (started yesterday and decided to try to keep that going).

I'm just getting to the point of wishing for my own food - I don't plan to leave Lite n Easy (it's both conventient, easy and it works for me) but interested in other's POSITIVE stories of lite n easy or perhaps you're just starting out like me, and we can talk about our ups and downs? I'd love some motivation or suggestions on how to overcome this little slump.

Love to hear from you all :)

Hello LMS,
I was on the lite n easy plan probably for about a month also,but the 4th week I brought the food and it all ended up in the bin,it was making me sick the after taste.I wasn't sure whether it was the boxes the food was coming in or the containers they are delievered in..But I was sitting here one night just thinking I was getting poisoned in the end..It was a terrible feeling,so as I said it all ended up in the bin.And by the next afternoon the taste was gone and I felt better.
The food was so tasty at the start,the price wasn't any issue with me as I didn't think it was too bad.The amount you got too eat was great and the look of the food was terrific,but just the after taste..
Anyways it started me on the right track too know just how much we really can eat,and it taught me its ok too have a treat everyday as long as the size of the treat is the right size...
It was good for me as a starting off point.
The night I binned all the food my son and I went out at about 9pm and we went and brought me all food for the week and I come home and made meals,so it was easy for me too get them out of the freezer and not have too cook every night,the easy part of lite...
So ive now been doing it for myself and ive lost 10.3 kgs in 7 weeks...
But I make sure ive got good food here and not buying take aways or going out too dinner like we use too...

Good luck and keep us updated...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby tinkerbella » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:40 am

PS.i haven't done very much exercise at this point but I don't really stop during a day,in saying that I know once summer hits im a beach bum and will do so much walking and swimming..
I have the understanding with my body if I get my eating right the rest will come..
You will work out what your body needs,if you stop losing weight you need too do something different,
eg if your eating well but not losing weight you have too up the exercise
if your exercising and not losing weight well that's telling me im eating too much...

Another thing I do is count my points I know if I eat 19 points a day I will lose weight every day,it might only be 100grs 300 grs but on 19 points a day I will drop weight...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby JP1 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:00 am

10.3 Kgs in 7 weeks is awesome stuff Natasha..
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:49 pm

JP1 wrote:10.3 Kgs in 7 weeks is awesome stuff Natasha..

thanks JP,im very happy with my hard work...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:00 pm

tinkerbella wrote:PS.i haven't done very much exercise at this point but I don't really stop during a day,in saying that I know once summer hits im a beach bum and will do so much walking and swimming..
I have the understanding with my body if I get my eating right the rest will come..
You will work out what your body needs,if you stop losing weight you need too do something different,
eg if your eating well but not losing weight you have too up the exercise
if your exercising and not losing weight well that's telling me im eating too much...

Another thing I do is count my points I know if I eat 19 points a day I will lose weight every day,it might only be 100grs 300 grs but on 19 points a day I will drop weight...

As your results have shown Natasha...those 100gr and 300gr quickly add up to some seriously good numbers!

Don't forget that even though you don't do much formal exercise at the moment you are doing a lot of running around still. Certainly wouldn't describe your lifestyle as a sedentary one that's for sure. Running after your husband, kids, life and those pigeons!...bound to keep you fit! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:52 pm

So true Kim,
the birds have me working more than anybody could imagine,
and I am in and out of the house all day,
its so true Kim,im not doing any real added exercise but really
my days I don't stop...:-)

but I do even do more in summer...looking so forward too
summer....

as ive said I would be extremely happy too have a 100gr lose this
Tuesday that would honestly be the icing on the cake....

then it will b focus next week again....
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:44 pm

Soon from Natasha...the Pigeon Exercise Diet Book! :lol: :wink:

Kim
Blitz