It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:19 pm

Free Newsletter

How to tell if this time will be "for good"??!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

How to tell if this time will be "for good"??!!

Postby DD Diva » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:41 pm

Weight loss is never an easy journey, with people choosing to travel the road taking different routes and at different paces.

Some walk it alone, preferring to not let anyone know they are trying to "lose weight" (didn't want to use the "D" word)
Some walk in groups, preferring to join support groups whether it's a the local church hall (Weight Watchers) or on a forum.

Some count calories
Some count fat grams
Some count points
Some count ALL the above (hard work!)

Many will "fall off the wagon" and they may do so many times over, but it's okay to do that.
They say that smokers come one step closer to quitting cigarettes for good with every attempt, then surely it must be so for those trying to quit being overweight???????

Setbacks aren't about failure, in fact they are quite the opposite!!! If we can learn to identify where we went wrong, we can really learn from "the last time" so that "this time" or "next time" we will be better at it, and stronger for the learning experience!!! :wink:

Whenever someone says to you "you're going to fail" don't get angry and bent out of shape about it, instead ask yourself "will I"??? Instead of getting hot and bothered because the person doesn't have the shared belief in you that you have in yourself, use that energy to look deeply within yourself to answer your doubts (if you have any) not theirs!!! Ask yourself WHY or HOW is this time is different??? And I think you'll be surprised to find that the answer you need (to keep you on, or get you back on track) is right there, and best of all....you'll truly be on your way to losing weight FOR GOOD!!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Re: How to tell if this time will be "for good"??!!

Postby Blitz » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:42 am

DD Diva wrote:Some count calories
Some count fat grams
Some count points
Some count ALL the above (hard work!)

Very good post Josie...
the only thing I disagree with is the above.
I counted nothing! :shock: ...guess that makes me the laziest son of a gun around! :lol:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:39 am

Not at all Kim, you exercised (hard and) enough to not have to count a thing!!
My husband was in the army, and they were fed a king's banquet at virtually every meal BUT THEN...they were pushed very hard out on the field to burn all they consumed!!! It's a real balancing act....what goes in must be worked out!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:12 pm

A king's banquet...I wish - more like a beggar's banquet is my lot. :shock: :lol:

I just go by "looks"...I let my gut instinct tell me whether the portion is right or not and if it is a healthy choice or not.

I do exercise like a mad fool but that has more to do with a body with a stuffed metabolism because of years of super obesity and leading a life with little physical activity (my job could never be described as "physical hard work" by anyone).

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Weight loss Talk