It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:17 pm

Free Newsletter

Can this man help me lose weight?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Can this man help me lose weight?

Postby alissonmeti » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:56 pm

Hey everyone. My names Alisson

I stumbled upon this video and the guys story seems solid. He says he will put progress videos every week up until he is in better shape. Weighing himself in each one every week trying to motivate everyone with each passing week with his progress and ultimately his sucess, or so I think.

What do you guys think? Can he really help out? He seems like an honest person, well I subscribed and followed him on twitter and facebook, and even grabbed his free book. Now my question to you all is do you guys think he is worth a try?

Here is the video:

*link removed by Blitz*

Tell me what you think

Re: Can this man help me lose weight?

Postby Blitz » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:05 am

Hi Alisson welcome to the Forum. :D

No Alisson I don't think he is worth listening to because he is still trying to work it out himself.

He continues to regain the weight he has lost and hasn't figured how to make it permanent. In 2007 he was 255lbs (115.9kg), in 2010 he was 292lb (132.7kg) and in 2012 he was 295lb (134kg)...notice that with each regain he has put on more weight. Each cycle is about 2 years long and at the moment he is about half way through this cycle (nearly lost it - and ready to put it on again).

He has figured out the mechanics of weight loss (most of which are common sense and readily available elsewhere) but doesn't understand how to keep it off. He seems to be more about revealing his hidden (by fat) abs and enlarging his public profile than what is the most important factor of all - creating a healthy lifestyle that works in his life forever.
He seems to believe it is about motivation and will power. Whilst being motivated and having will power will help in the short term these things will fail (and his life shows that they fail). What is required is character transformation. Becoming the healthy person you should be. That means fundamentally change the core of your very being. Change is the price you have to pay for permanent success - that's a price too dear for some.

I would stack up my credentials against his any day. Like him I too started out not knowing a thing. Unlike him I started out close to my 52th birthday - with a bad back, chronic asthma, belly hernia and ingrown toenails. My starting weight was 338.9lb (153.7kg) and after exactly 60 weeks I weighed in at 146.8lb(66.6kg). This was the only time that I have attempted to lose weight in my entire life and have kept it off for 2 and a half years now. I think my track record is better than his wouldn't you say? Check out my photos in the Before and After Photo Section of this Forum for visuals. So you see that I'm not just talking the talk - I'm walking the walk as well.

Here at this Forum you can find direct help, accountability and encouragement - personal to you and your journey (and not just about him).
You don't even have to wait a week for your questions to be answered!

I urge you to join us here and get real useful help! 8)

ps Please read Forum guidelines before posting further links.
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!

Re: Can this man help me lose weight?

Postby CronicBadger » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:20 am

If the basic service offered is advice then you need to ascertain its quality. Usually done through discovering its source and then checking the source's qualifications, references and independent reviews.

Question whether the items (book, videos, seat at a seminar) you have to purchase are necessary, given that at the end of the day it is YOU who have to do the hard work - not the video or seminar or self-help guru. Your money pays only for the information's presentation - not the information itself, which is almost always available for free elsewhere. It's quite likely that you will find the act of researching and finding out the information for yourself rather than having it handed to you on a plate is a valuable character-building exercise in its own right.

Return to Weight loss Talk