It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:35 pm

Free Newsletter

Simply less - a leaner substitute!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Simply less - a leaner substitute!!

Postby DD Diva » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:53 am

Morning all,

Well what a surprise!!! Last night I had a heavier dinner than one that I traditionally like to have, and as I suspected, it sat like a brick! But this morning low and behold, my body not only rid itself of the cement poured down my throat (almost as soon as I got out of bed) and the scales showed a very favourable loss to boot!!! :shock: :wink:

Last night hubby and I had Coles "simply less" range of hamburger rissoles and sausages, pretty much as shown in this image:
http://blog.coles.com.au/tag/coles-simply-less/

Though not a huge "meat" lover, I don't mind the occasional "rubbish meat" items such as sausages or rissoles which tend to be full of preservatives, and generally full of fat and calories; these ones were quite lean in all of that (especially the calories).

I think the hamburger buns we ate had more calories in them than the rissoles!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was a great dinner, and a great surprise this morning to find that it didn't hang around on the scales!! Gotta love that huh?!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Re: Simply less - a leaner substitute!!

Postby CronicBadger » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:10 pm

I usually buy a different lean and low cost red meat at Coles - our national symbol, the kangaroo. No hormones or artificial flavouring, and less than 2% fat. It's quite cheap considering how lean it is, although the taste and cooking requirements may take some getting used to.
CronicBadger

Re: Simply less - a leaner substitute!!

Postby DD Diva » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:01 pm

CronicBadger wrote:I usually buy a different lean and low cost red meat at Coles - our national symbol, the kangaroo. No hormones or artificial flavouring, and less than 2% fat. It's quite cheap considering how lean it is, although the taste and cooking requirements may take some getting used to.

Thanks Marc,

Yes I've had a few people recommend kangaroo meat, and I'm sure it is flavoursome, I just can't bring myself to consuming anything as cute as Skippy!!! :shock: :oops:

I used to have a pet rabbit as a child, then one day it disappeared, and although unrelated weeks later at a relatives house for dinner rabbit stew was served!!! :shock:
I don't believe it was MY "bunny" but to this day, I wouldn't dare eat it, even if I was on death's doorstep and needed food for survival and all that was going was rabbit. :(
DD Diva

Return to Weight loss Talk