It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:04 pm

Free Newsletter

Three Days in

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Three Days in

Postby sweetbudgie » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:24 pm

Well I started out roughly and I mean very roughly last week. Thought I would be able to kick start with "shakes"....mmmmmm they were definitely NOT for me !!!!

I was hungry and grumpy and moody and the kids hated me for a while there, my stomach was grumbling and I just wanted food food food.
So that was that...I know that it does work for some people but I don't think I am mentally strong enough to be that restricted.

So sat down Wednesday night and I googled and googled and googled. I finally found something that I thought would work.

I love salads,
I love meat,
I love vegetables
I want to be healthy, inside and out !!!!

So whalaaaa, I have decided to go "natural", no preservatives, no additives, no chemicals. Just basic good nourishing food.
It was a little hard to get my head around at first but this is day two and wow im loving it.

I went shopping last night ditched the "lite-milk" and replaced it with coconut milk.
Ditched the "plain flour" replaced it with "almond flour".

Small steps but I do believe in the end me and my whole family will be much better for it.

So I ate yesterday:
Breakfast - two eggs scrambled (no milk or butter)
Snack: - coffee, 1tsp milk, no sugar (this has to go...but like I said baby steps)
Lunch: tin of tuna with a home made healthy green salad - yummmmmo
Dinner - fish (baked in foil in oven with lemon) and again a healthy green salad.

I was full all day.....I knew that if I really hungry I could eat another tin of tuna or some fruit

Today:
Coffee x 2
Two eggs scrambled - small splash of coconut milk
Lunch - tin of tuna with home made healthy green salad.

Dinner tonight is planned - zucchini slice (using a small amount of olive oil, almond flour, onions, eggs and spinach)
NO CHEESE OR MILK

I feel terrific about it, and really don't feel like its a diet but a life change....doing it right for once.

SCALES READ THIS MORNING: 78.4.....might just be fluid loss but hey who doesn't love seeing them numbers go DOWN !!!!!!!!!

xx TINA
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcTujNZ/]
sweetbudgie

Re: Three Days in

Postby Blitz » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:07 am

The problem with shakes and the such is that they are not how the real world operates and at best can only offer a temporary solution.
People eat real food and require (and need) "gut satisfaction".
Also once you put huge restrictions on what you can or can't eat, you create for yourself a martyr complex ("poor me...I can't have it...I feel sorry for myself") and with that are the seeds of failure sown.

I glad to read that you have found food that you are willing to embrace.
Success comes to those who actively work out their own unique healthy lifestyle that works in the life that they lead.
You make the choices and changes that you can live with...and that way you take responsibility for those choices.

Small steps? Maybe but in many ways this action is a great leap forward in your success!
Keep it up Tina! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:31 am

Hey Sweetbudgie,

Don't worry, when I started this journey 1/1/12 it was pretty rough and I'd only managed to lose about 6kg from January to April but then (as though a light switch was turned on in my head) and in conjunction with the program that I stumbled upon by accident, I realised real success starts with the mind!!! From that point on, the kilos flew off (until now of course, this last stretch "the pointy end" is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww) :cry:

You're doing very well, and yes it is GREAT seeing the numbers on the scales go down, down, down!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby sweetbudgie » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:07 pm

Can anyone tell me how to change my weight tracker at bottom of page...I managed to put one on...but how do I change it to reflect my weight lose.
sweetbudgie

Six days in NOW

Postby sweetbudgie » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:12 pm

Wow I feel terrific, Ive had a couple of headache days and muscle aching a little. Is this normal?

I managed to stick to my "healthy" eating over the weekend, which I found really really easy, its weird as I don't feel like im dieting, im not hungry and I just seem to be making better decisions about what I am putting into my body.

I even spoke to my kids about "healthy" eating and eventually I will incorporate them into my healthy meals.

So all in all, its been great, I feel better for doing this and my scales are dropping, so its win win.

Tina
sweetbudgie

Postby Blitz » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:13 am

The Diva knows all the mysteries of the weight ticker tracker.
Josie! help required here!

Tina - The aching muscle is normal...get use to that! The more you move the more muscle you are going to make (with ache! :lol: ). Headaches could be a sign that you need to drink more liquid. If you get tired of water, trying mixing a little orange or lemon juice in it (like a weak cordial) just to give it a bit of taste. Also an occasional tea or coffee isn't too bad either (just not too much milk and leave the sugar out).

Don't tell your kids anything...they will soon figure it out for themselves! :shock: :lol:
Just lead by example and stop buying rubbish for them to find in the cupboards - that will do the trick. :!:

Good to see you enjoying the process. 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:50 am

Hey Tina,
The best thing to do is (once you've created your ticker) save the webpage to your favourites and then each week you can go straight back to it (see mine as an example).
As you'll see from the screen shot, you need to add a "PIN" so that they system knows what to look for when it goes off looking for your ticker. As it directs you, you'll need to enter your PIN and then click the "edit/update weight data" tab to make any changes.
Note: Don't make the mistake of selecting "Create your own ticker" this is only if you want to create a new ticker, not edit/update your current ticker.
I hope that helps. :wink:
Attachments
ticker.JPG
ticker.JPG (101.45 KiB) Viewed 766 times
DD Diva

Postby Tams » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:04 pm

Keep up your good work. It's great you have found a better path that is working for you.

I want to add just one caveat, because you have newly discovered this paleo diet, you may not have grappled with some of its problems. If you are excluding dairy, and for your children, this is potentially dangerous as we need calcium (and that is 3 glasses per day of dairy! Difficult to get enough even if you do consume dairy). If you are intolerant to lactose, well, that's completely different, but it is a fallacy out there in the 'health' world that dairy is bad for you. On the other hand, I am all for a 'natural unprocessed' approach. So I get real dairy that hasnt been mucked with (local dairies are now supplying some smaller stores - google and you will find out about it for your area, it acutally tastes like real milk!).

The second problem in some paleo recipes I've read is that it stretches the 'no preservatives completely natural' thing into a skewed interpretation that bans 'popular' 'unhealthy' foods (like dairy, like sucrose sugars, like flour), and in some of the diets I've read, promotes refined fructose sugars which are potentially really bad for you (cane sugar (sucrose) is natural too - it comes from a plant! You can get it in its raw form to be unprocessed). Along with these 'artificially healthy' bans, is the problem of going out and buying a whole bunch of 'alternatives'. Time consuming. Expensive. And I get annoyed with diets that promote poor science, and make people busy and poor on top of it all! Anyhow, this last para is my particular bee in my bonnet!

I think it is brilliant that you are going for an unprocessed approach though - nothing but good can come of eating real food :)
Tams

Postby Blitz » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:44 am

Some good cautious advice here from Tams worthy considering Tina.

I'm a big fan of whole milk too.
My mother suffers badly from brittle bones probably a legacy of World War 2 when as a child she had little or no milk (or food for that matter!).
Build strong bones now...or suffer latter!

The bottom line is; all things in moderation.
Everything has it's purpose and place.

Kim
Blitz

Return to Weight loss Talk