It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:26 pm

Free Newsletter

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby sweetbudgie » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:48 pm

I started on the "caveman diet" or lifestyle as I prefer to call it 7 days ago.

I have dropped 1.4kg in 7 days without even thinking about it.

I love it, I am never hungry, I don't have to count calaries etc. I just feel very very happy with this lifestyle change.

I still haven't given up my morning coffee, I don't have sugar in it, but I just cant drink it without milk !! And I have still had a couple of nights where I have drank alcohol, probably too much alcohol (omg I love my Scotch), which hasn't helped with the weight loss...but hey I still want to be able to socialize

So it has been 7 days without:

I feel great and really looking forward to watching that scale move down.
Happy days

Postby DD Diva » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Well done sweetbudgie!!! :wink:

Although I think it's great, I have to confess I am very sceptical about ANY dietary modification / eating regime that requires giving up any food completely.
In my opinion, whether it is cutting down or cutting out is a form of deprivation, and sometimes you're best to go for the cutting down than the cutting out altogether because the temptation becomes too intense if faced with these foods, and let's face it, the list you have gone without for 7 days is quite lengthy. It's fine to say I'm cutting out say potato chips, or processed white bread etc but to say well I'm going to cease having ALL foods related to this food group is (in my books) too restrictive.

Anyway, that's just my 2c worth..... :roll:

At the end of the day, if it works for you; go for it and keep up the good work!!! :wink: :D
DD Diva

Postby sweetbudgie » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:44 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply,

I understand what you are saying but Im looking at it - not as a food groups but as "man made foods".
I am going back to preservatives, no artificial flavours etc.

NO MAN MADE foods.

So I don't feel deprived. I feel great.
My face has lost its puffiness even just in a week.

Postby Blitz » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:19 am

Tina, it is good to see you trying different things out.
Just remember to be flexible and adapt as needed.
It may pay not to be too severe on yourself when you start out.
After all those unhealthy eating habits have been with you for a while and common sense will tell you that you may need to tackle them one at a time.

You don't have to give up your morning drink it guilt free! You have done the right is chiefly water anyway...the main problem is the sugar people put in it (and you ain't doing that) and the milk (just a dash - is okay). just remember - all things in moderation.

Whatever you decide to consume; just make sure you take ownership of it (responsibility).
If it is heavy on calories (like alcohol) then you are under a moral obligation to yourself to make it up in some way.
That may mean eating less of other foods or exercising that little bit extra to burn it off.

Keep finding your way through those lifestyle choices. Hold fast to the things that work for you and be prepared to alter or jettison the things that don't work.

Good to see the 1.4kg loss...may you have many more successful weeks! :D

Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!

Return to Weight loss Talk