It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:09 pm

Free Newsletter

It's Anniversary Time...Again!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

It's Anniversary Time...Again!

Postby Blitz » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:50 am

I am happy to report that on the morning of this day (24th Feb) in 2012 I stepped on my scales and found that I had achieved my weight loss goal of losing 87 kilos. When I saw the number 66.6kg pop up for the 3rd time (only if the number appears 3 times in a row does it "officially" counts - and this number was lower than the 66.7kg that I had set myself to achieve); I didn't jump for joy or carry on...all I said to myself was "finally".
The last few kilos took nearly 2 months to knock off and I was relieved that now I could start the maintenance part of my life.

When I started back on the 1st of January 2011and weighed in at 153.7kg little did I realise just how radically I would change my life.
In exactly 60 weeks I had transformed myself radically. 56% of me was gone forever. There was less of me now than what has disappeared! :shock:
More importantly, the lifestyle has completely changed. Gone was that fat fellow who was a chronic asthmatic with a bad back. Gone was the guy who was always tired and was a perpetual couch potato.
In his stead was now a man who does things with energy and zeal. Who like a horse being let out to green grass - literally prances in delight at what his body is now able to do.

Today is my 3rd year anniversary since losing the weight.
It is now three years that I've kept it off.
Sometimes it has been tough going but mostly it has been simply a matter of just living that healthy lifestyle that I learnt during that weight loss journey.

Life was good before...but the future is far better than I could ever imagined. 8)
It's time for you all to grab that better future too! :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Re: It's Anniversary Time...Again!

Postby Divalicious » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:56 am

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY KIM!!!!!!!

WOO HOO....How awesome.......3 years!!! 8) You're definitely in the 2% minority, and not one of those 98% that regained it. I'm sooooooooo proud of you xx :wink:

I only hope that when I get to goal, I too can maintain it "for life" and though I'm hopeful I will, I won't be complacent. I will forever remind myself that maintenance is as much a lifestyle change, and to maintain is as much a challenge as it is to lose (weight).

I'm confident however that my renewed love for life and more importantly, for exercise (a thing I've always loathed) will keep the numbers stable!! I also need to continually remember that "everything in moderation" but when it's not I need to "work off" any excess!! :oops:

For now though.....

(As of this morning's reading) I have less than 5kg to go (4.7kg to be exact) and boy (I'm sure I don't need to tell you) it's a real struggle this last stretch!! :oops:
136.0kg - Heaviest weight (1/1/12)
126.6kg - Starting weight (1/1/13)
60.0kg - Goal weight
63.3kg - Current weight

Divalicious

Postby Blitz » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:09 am

So long as you continue to love the new healthy lifestyle you have made for your new self - the more sure that you will succeed in keeping it off. 8)

I told you it was the pointy end! :lol:
This is where character meets the road of life! :shock:
Succeed here and the rest of the journey isn't so tough because you know that whatever life throws at you...you will be able to handle it. :D

4.7kg eh? I played around far too long around that marker...it took me a while to get it into my head that the best way to deal with the last bit was to sprint it to the finish. I just got so tired at my slackness towards the end that I just re-doubled my efforts and powered thru to goal. It took me 17 days to get from your point (4.7kg away) to goal...after nearly a month and a week of wavering at that same point.
Go for gold Josie! :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Divalicious » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:14 am

Thanks Kim,

Another 200g down this morning; 4.5kg (and counting EVERY gram!!) :lol: :lol:

I have an "assessment" with one of PT's at the gym on Thursday, and I'm hoping to blow her away since my last one back in November!

I'm aiming for goal by (absolute latest) end April. I know it's do-able but at this "pointy-end" I ain't gettin' cocky!!! :roll: :shock:
136.0kg - Heaviest weight (1/1/12)
126.6kg - Starting weight (1/1/13)
60.0kg - Goal weight
63.3kg - Current weight

Divalicious

Return to Weight loss Talk