It is currently Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:56 am

Free Newsletter

Why Do People Fail to Successfully Lose Weight?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Why Do People Fail to Successfully Lose Weight?

Postby Blitz » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:19 pm

Hey - welcome to the Forum evolutionmadison!
The first post is the hardest!...may you have many more posts! :D

It's a good point that you are making but I think that it is very hard for people to see THEIR changes while it is happening.
I know for me that I looked very much the same for a long time and then suddenly I "arrived".
Yet the scales (I weigh daily) showed steady losses, my clothes became sacks and every week or so I would have to make a new hole in my belt or I was in danger of getting arrested for indecent exposure! :shock: :lol:

The mind plays strange things on how we view our body. I remember about a year after I had lost the weight my wife drew my attention to some old photos of me. I was enormous! I had seen them before but it was like the scales had fallen from my eyes. Now I was REALLY seeing me. No wonder a few of my friends had taken me aside back then and try to urge me to lose weight. If I had seen how bad the problem was then I would have done something about it back then.

The point I'm making is that "looks" can be deceiving and that external measures are probably more sure.

Thanks for your cool post. 8)

Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!

Return to Weight loss Talk