It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:42 am

Free Newsletter

Beware Easter!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Beware Easter!

Postby Blitz » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:42 am

Well Easter has come upon us again!
Traditionally this is one of those times of the year when people undertaking weight loss find the hardest.
But rather than approaching Easter with a foreboding sense of doom; why not use it as a challenge to nail down some very important skills you will need to learn for a successful healthy weight loss style?
If you make headway at this time...you can be confident to handle any other time.

The key to a successful Easter is simple.
    1) Don't deprive yourself by having no chocolate: If you do you will set yourself up as a martyr and down the road cave in big time.
    2) Moderation is the key: Where is the rule that says you must eat a mountain of chocolate? Gluttony is not the same thing as enjoyment.
    3) Buy Quality not quantity: The cheaper the "chocolate" generally the more fat and sugar it contains.
    4) Pace the consumption: All you chocolate doesn't need to be eaten in one sitting...a little each day is best (and more rewarding).
    5) Own the chocolate: If you ate it...you are responsible to do the extra exercise to negate the consumption.
Follow these simple guidelines and the you should be able to steer you way out of trouble. 8)

I've drawn a few cartoons on the theme for your amusement...I hope you enjoy them.

Have a very happy Easter all! :D

Kim
Attachments
couch01.jpg
couch01.jpg (34.71 KiB) Viewed 505 times
choc_mon01.jpg
choc_mon01.jpg (42.57 KiB) Viewed 505 times
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Re: Beware Easter!

Postby Divalicious » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:33 am

Been there, done that, and got the sweaty t-shirts to prove (that I've had to undo) all that!!! :oops:
It was an overindulgence in Easter eggs (and other things) that saw me gain a massive 6.4kg over the last few weeks!!!! :shock:
I've had my fair share of choccies this year, and today being Easter Sunday, I'm allowing myself TWO hot cross buns (one with fruit, and one without) but that's it!!!

There's nothing wrong with a small indulgence, but it's the "not stopping at one (or two)" that is the REAL problem.
I'm all for a treat now and again, and this time of year, it's okay to enjoy one of the EB's yummy wares....just not the entire basket!!! :lol:

HAVE A HAPPY (EGG-FILLED) EASTER EVERYONE!!! :wink:
136.0kg - Heaviest weight (1/1/12)
126.6kg - Starting weight (1/1/13)
60.0kg - Goal weight
63.3kg - Current weight

Divalicious

Re: Beware Easter!

Postby Blitz » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:18 am

I must admit when I read two hot cross buns that it filled me with foreboding.
I had none this Easter (or the last for that matter)...it is something that I can live happily without.

It is interesting to note that each of us have our own Achilles' heels...
and that upbringing and memory play an important part in what those things are.
The only reason we have hot cross buns in the house is because my wife can't conceive of an Easter without them.
She talks with fondness about her mother and her eating them together with glee when she was growing up.
In my childhood however hot cross buns were eaten but it was just part of the background of Easter.
Other Easter practises were more impacting and important to us.

One of the powerful associated childhood memories of food for me is Dutch salted liquorice.
This is so primal to me that it can spell ruin for me each time.
Very hard to practice moderation with it so I try to give it a very wide berth as possible.

Nothing wrong with having hot cross buns - so long as you are willing to pay the price.
Whether that price is taking responsibility for it by eating less of something else, exercising to make up the extra calorie or living with gaining the extra weight is each person's own choice.

I hope it went well for you.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Weight loss Talk