It is currently Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:47 am

Free Newsletter

Waking Up Really Hungry

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Waking Up Really Hungry

Postby Blitz » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:57 pm

Six years ago on this day, I woke up really hungry.
The day before I had started on my weight loss journey.
Ever the pragmatist the only thing I had changed in my lifestyle was the serve size of my meals.
My rational was if I was twice the size that I aught to be then I should half the amount of food I was consuming.
Exercise entered into the equation when I realised that it wouldn't be enough on it's own.

Having spent years (okay - decades) eating food unthinkingly at a drop of a hat I went to bed on that first day with that unfamiliar feeling of hunger.
That night the stomach made much noise voicing it's displeasure but I figured that the sooner I fell asleep the better.
Next morning however I hadn't expected the hunger pangs to have grown in sleep!
We use words like "I'm starving to death" so lightly some times. I did that morning for sure.
I was hardly in danger of that happening any time soon with me carrying around that extra 87 kilos! :lol:
So how did I cope with the shock of feeling really hungry for the first time (hungry but hardly starving)?
My reward came when I stepped on the scales for the first time to chart my progress.
I recorded a 0.4kg loss. Not a huge loss but it was a start...I had begun.
And it was these daily small losses that lead to my final tally - and victory.

Later I developed a good mind set about bedtime hunger.
I would tell myself that going to bed hungry meant a good weigh in the following morning.
Thus disassociating the hunger with thoughts of missing food or feeling sorry for myself and aligning it with my progress.

May your journey be as successful!
Best wishes for this new year (and the new start). :D
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!

Return to Weight loss Talk