It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:30 am

Free Newsletter

Taking a break

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Taking a break

Postby Groovychic » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:27 am

I just wanted to let you guys know that I am taking a few weeks off from my trials of trying to lose weight! I need to have a few weeks break because I am starting to get really depressed about it all. The scales aren't moving even tho I have my calories at a reasonable level and I am exercising. I know I am probably building muscle but I have got to the stage the last couple of mornings that I can't be bothered. Which is a sign to me that I have to have a break and get back to it on a clean slate in a few weeks. I'm going to try hard to maintain the 68.5kg with a small amount of exercise and try not to eat and drink too much. My sinus seems to be playing up every 2nd day at the moment as I am stressing at the smallest thing. I know why it is. This will be the first christmas without dad and I am stressed and sad about that and that is why the smallest thing is stressing me out. Hence the small amount of depression with the whole scales not moving. Normally it doesnt bother me so much but at the moment it's whole different kettle of fish! So I have decided to give it break until early in Jan and start again. But fingers crossed I won't add any extra kilos. It will just take the pressure off me at this time and I know I will be in a whole different frame of mind come New Year as it will all be over with christmas and I am vowing not to have my sisters kids again this holidays!!!! So everybody have a fab chrissy and new year and I will see you all soon. :D

Keep Smiling!!!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:25 am

Hi rochelle

oh i hope you stay in touch with us and let us know how your xmas goes! i can understand where you are coming from. i am eating the right amount of calories and exercising daily and im still stuck in a rut. thats why i am just watching what i eat and will just go with the flow til after new years and then will get back into it wholeheartedly. it can get depressing and at this time of year where so much is going on it can be stressful. i hope you feel better soon and just letting you know you arent alone in the battle of the bulge! love ya!

Postby slimmindown » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:55 pm

Rochelle, have a great xmas. I hope you are feeling better soon, loosing a family member is terrible ,I know, and xmas makes it seem so much harder,because it is. Look forward to you jumping back on board in Jan, refreshed and ready to kick those kilos to the curb. 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!

Postby hushpuppy » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:29 pm

Hi Rochelle . Thats no problem dude . U Take care of yourself and the family mate . Have a lovely xmas and a great new year . Drop in if u ever need to talk or vent
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Postby Dolly » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:54 pm

Take care Rochelle, we'll be thinking of you.
I'm also taking a forum break, I'm just eating smaller meals than I normally would.
I'm sure your dad will be there with you in spirit.
Big hugs
luv Dolly

Postby KimE » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:50 pm

Hi Rochelle

There is so much going on at this time of year and that creates enough anxiety and stress. Add that to any emotional stresses you have and it quickly becomes too much. Take it easy, take some time for yourself and we will see you when you return. Have a wonderful Christmas to you and your family. :D

Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Return to Weight loss Talk