It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:50 pm

Free Newsletter

blown away by change in old family friend

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

blown away by change in old family friend

Postby carla » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:00 pm

One of my daughters and I attended a wedding celebration today held at my mother's house as the bride, an Italian-aussie woman, has been a friend of my mother for years.

The bride has four sons. One of them I had not seen for about two years. He used to annoy me a lot. I found him to be loud, rude, obnoxious and often aggressive. But man he has changed...he has changed so very dramatically that I was absolutely stunned with this guy who was a completely different human being to the one I remembered.

He seemed to have really confronted himself head on and I understand it had to have been a tough and painful road. But he was absolutely delightful, charming, polite, funny...and none of it smacked of being faked. He seemed so at peace with himself and life. He had stopped drinking, stopped being loud and inappropriate and offensive, has made himself new friends, lost heaps of weight, been going to the gym a lot, got a new job which he loves...and he was drop-dead gorgeous today, to boot.

The wedding was wonderful itself, but to see this guy and the positive moves he has made in his life was truly an inspiration and I wish him the best!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP3O213/]
[/url]
carla

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:54 am

what a nice thing to hear about carla. thanks for sharing that with us. i think in even a small way we all wish that we are like that guy when we lose this weight, become confident in ourselves and so on because it sounds like he really did SHINE. hope you had a great day :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:56 am

That is inspirational Carla. Did you talk to him about it at all or compliment him? I know it isn't always the right time to but I just wondered. But for him to change so much about himself he must have had a wake up call indeed.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby hushpuppy » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:41 pm

thatss cool carla . Isnt it fummy when we see ppl we havent seen for ages and they are a new person . its very inspiring
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Return to Weight loss Talk