It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:23 am

Free Newsletter

It's finally working

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

It's finally working

Postby Tas » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:26 pm

It's been a while since I dropped in a message because of being so busy with general work and ----------yep, going to the gym!
I don't know if you recall but I had never walked in to a gym before but a month ago I took the first step and joined up locally and arranged some personal training once a week for the next 6 months or more.

The first day I could only move 1 single weight <how embarrassing!> :roll: but now I can move 10!!! Yep, 10 WHOLE WEIGHTS :P
I have only managed to lose 1.4 kilos in 28 days of going to the gym daily and even to 2 box and burn classes a week - but I have lost 6 centimetres from my waist! I just love the box and burn class - it is set up with lots of different stations and it is best to have a partner - luckily my fist time to the class there was also another newbie so we palled up and we are now B&B partners - that way we have set ourselves up to a no-fail situation - cos if she don't go then she lets me down and vice versa. I just love the boxing :twisted:

I must admit I have more energy and am really enoying going to the gym. There are different people of all weights and sizes and all ages so it is just great - I actually miss it when I don't go.

Well Christmas is upon us and I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a safe, healthy and happy New Year.

Tas AU

Postby hushpuppy » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:39 pm

Woohoo wtg maria . Wel done on the loss and hitting the gym .Merry xams to u and your family
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:00 pm

well done maria, i bet you are feeling really good about yourself. keep it up and merry xmas to you as well :) thanks for the update :)

Postby KimE » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:31 am

Well done Maria and Merry Christmas to you too.

I know what you mean about the gym I miss going and haven't gotten there as much in the last couple of weeks.

You're doing great so keep up the fantastic effort.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Ally » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:20 pm

Thanks for the update Maria...well done mate!!!!

Postby The Blimp! » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:01 pm

Hi Maria! I'm a newbie and stories like yours are inspiring! I have been going to a personal trainer for 2 years and it is the best thing I could ever have done! I go twice a week, and this year I am going to start walking on the other days.

Keep up the good work!
The Blimp!

Return to Weight loss Talk