It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:15 pm

Free Newsletter

Diet Sabotuers

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Diet Sabotuers

Postby Lolly » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:44 pm

I think my hubby is the worst one ever :?

Today I went for my first walk in glod only knows how long and then tonight, I told him to go and get something from BiLo for dinner, specifying that I wanted salad or veges or something good.

He came back with fish (done in crumbs etc of course :shock: ) and even worse - CHIPS I could have cheerfully strangled him at that moment in time - then I discoverd the................ CHOCOLATE MILK :roll:

Any hints for stopping this negative behaviour from a man who has not gained a single damn kilo the whole ten years we have been together????

I do love him but burying him in the backyard is not an option........yet :twisted:
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby KimE » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:30 am

You have to tell him Lolly plain and simple. Sit him down and explain how you feel and what you are trying to achieve and how he can help. I found on my journey it did not affect only me but my hubby as well so I talked lots of things through with him. Even if you can't change what he gets for dinner at least stop him buying you chocolate treats....LOL if I asked my hubby to get me a chocolate bar he would come home with about 6 cause he didn't know which one I wanted. :roll: Of course I would eventually eat them all.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:07 am

I agree with Kim, Lolly...discuss it with him and tell him how you feel. He may not change and continue to tempt you with foods (from his own insecurities of not wanting other men to look at his missus) but you have to be strong and if you really want to lose the weight you will. Just remember it is just as big of a change for your hubby as well as yourself as whereas it was easy to just pop down to the takeaway store/supermarket and grab crap food, now it takes a bit of planning. I don't know what your time schedule is like, but if you have time cook up some quick and easy healthy recipes and freeze them. Also have some Lean Cuisine Meals in your freezer...they are never as good as home cooked meals, but they are great in an emergency situation. I always keep a couple in the freezer with those steam fresh vege sachets (I like the broccoli, sugar snap peas and carrots one!!) This makes a quick and easy healthy meal and takes the temptation out of foods that hubby may bring home. The same thing with the choccies mate, keep a bag of your favourite fun size bar buried deep in the freezer so that you can whip one of them out when temptation arises. If you like chocolate milk try the Jarrah chocolate drinks, they are 99% fat free. I drink the Aktavite now as this has a great choc taste and does the trick for me.

Keep going Lolly, you will find a happy balance and hopefully you can get your hubby on board!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Lolly » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:29 am

HHHHHHH you are all so smart. We had a big chat about it all this morning - I told him straight - just don't do it if you want me around for a long time - or I will be deaded from obesity related illnesses - that shocked him a bit I think.

He works away, I don't mind buying the junk for him to take with him each week - that is not the issue, it is when it is his turn to cook at home that is the problem and now he will address it. He said he didn't want to lose me either way so will make an effort just for me :D

Oh and he just stole my ciggies from me and hid them in the shed cause today is quit day lol - He is not ready to give them up but has agreed not to smoke around me. I will miss my friends the ciggies but I think I like oxygen more :D

[/url]
Lolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:39 am

hi lolly well done, kim is right you needed to tell him plain and simple. he has promised to support you in sickness and health so that means he needs to cut the crap! lol. i would also say to him 'if you come home with food like that to cook for our dinner i will refuse to eat it, plain and simple'. on your behalf you need to learn to say no to foods like that. they are always going to be around you in life wherever you go, you just have to get in that frame of mind. my partner is also a small build. he is short and only weighs 50kg. argh!!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:06 am

Good on you Lolly that is great that you have discussed this with him. Our partners can be our biggest supporters if they have a little understanding of what we are doing.

Best of luck with the ciggies...be strong...think of your health. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:28 am

I am so happy that you have your other half on board Lolly, it does make life easier when they support you!! He has done you a big favour by nicking your ciggies!!!! You will thank him for it one day!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Lolly » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:24 am

He has been a good boy today, cleaned out the fridge while I did the shopping :D

I did take my 3 year old nephew shopping, he had been such a good boy I brough his some smarties, and didn't "taste them for freshness" at all :D

[/url]
Lolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:28 am

nice one lolly
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:55 am

Sounds like you've got the hubby under control now Lolly! :) Good on you for just sitting him down and having a chat. He sounds like a lovely guy! Good luck with the quitting smoking - you can do it :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:04 pm

After posting my reply, it made me think of my diet saboteur..

At the start of last year my best friend and I went on Weight Watchers today. We were inseperable, we walked together, then joined the gym together... then later on last year (November-ish) she told me that for the past 6 months she had developed an eating disorder (bingeing and then purging).. Then she went on about how she ate what she wanted now instead of counting 'points' or kilojoules and that it wasn't 'healthy' that I was so 'obsessive' about counting points etc etc.. Now, looking back, at that point I don't think I really was obsessive about it.. I counted my points and that was that.. but she got it into my head that I had a problem with it.. And said to me "I've been eating what I want, just stopping when I'm not hungry any more, and I haven't put on any weight" which started to cause other problems for me, eg me having the mentality that "I can eat what I want as long as I stop when I'm full!". Well, that doesn't work for me. Because I just don't stop when I'm full. And I eat for the sake of eating without points/kilojoule counting to make sure that I'm not eating too much for the day.

So I started eating all sorts of things I wouldn't normally eat, and it just screwed me up completely. I started nibbling and snacking between meals constantly, and that's how I put on about 6 kg's that I had lost... I would have put on way more but since I joined the gym I've religiously gone and worked my butt off. I've only just gotten back on track in the last few months, switching from points-counting to kilojoule-counting. That's been my saviour, just changing the way I do things.

Needless to say, my "best friend" dropped out of going to the gym a few months after we joined, I went the complete opposite way and got addicted and made it my life and my career, and she became a workaholic with no time for me. I haven't seen her since Easter.

She basically made me feel like a freak for being conscious of what I ate.

Sorry this was such a long story, but beware of the best friend - even if she seems to have the same goals, it doesn't always turn out that way... a long friendship went down the drain...
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:26 pm

hey em
i know what you mean mate. sometimes things get nasty and people feel jealous of your results. i know i have put weight on over xmas (probably about 6 kg by the time i get back into it) but as long as you get back into it and do what made you lose the weight before you will be ok. sometimes its best to leave these 'so called friends' behind and move on with your own life. you dont need that negativity bringing you down. i can also udnerstand that you gpt into it together so you both had support and common ground. so its sad that she isnt there to support you now but we are!!!
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:42 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:hey em
i know what you mean mate. sometimes things get nasty and people feel jealous of your results. i know i have put weight on over xmas (probably about 6 kg by the time i get back into it) but as long as you get back into it and do what made you lose the weight before you will be ok. sometimes its best to leave these 'so called friends' behind and move on with your own life. you dont need that negativity bringing you down. i can also udnerstand that you gpt into it together so you both had support and common ground. so its sad that she isnt there to support you now but we are!!!

thanks heaps girl :) it's funny, i haven't met any of you and i've only been on this forum for a very short time, but you guys have helped me more than anyone i've known!!!! if i ever feel like falling off the wagon and munching on food mindlessly when i'm bored, i just come on here and re-read posts because you all inspire me so much!
i'm definitely better off without my old best friend bringing me down and making me feel guilty for wanting to succeed!
as for the weight you put on over christmas - it may not be as much as you think! and as long as you get back into it, as you said, that's all that matters :) *hugs*
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:10 pm

hi em
glad you feel apart of our little group. sometimes you just need to chat to people who understand where you are in your life and what you are trying to achieve. sometimes family and mates in our lives cant be there for you the way you want them to. im glad i have broadband haha, otherwise my usage on the internet would be skyrocketing!!!

you are right, just jump back on the wagon :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:23 pm

Well Emma it sounds like you are better off. It's a sad thing to happen but at least you know now where you stand.

Good on you for sticking with it and I can understand why you would want to take it to the next level and make it your career.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk