It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:08 pm

Free Newsletter

Diet Sabotuers

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:36 pm

Thanks Kim :) I definitely think I am better off! The fact that she kept her eating disorder a secret from me so long made a big impact on our friendship too. How can you keep a secret like that from your best friend?! You're right, I do know where I stand now and I know who my true friends are!!!

Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:39 pm

What did it take to become a PT if you don't mind me asking?

If you prefer I can ask via PM....let me know.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:43 am

KimE wrote:What did it take to become a PT if you don't mind me asking?

If you prefer I can ask via PM....let me know.

Basically you just need your Certificate IV in Fitness.. you can do this via TAFE (cheaper but takes longer) or through the Australian Institute of Fitness (more expensive but is more flexible with study times and quicker). I think TAFE is around $1600 capped for the year now, and The AIF charged about $5000 for the course.

I did mine through the AIF. They have interest-free weekly payment plans so it's pretty good! I did it part time (2 evenings and a weekend day per week) and it took me 4 1/2 - 5 months.

You first get your Cert III in Fitness, which allows you to do Gym Instruction (writing gym members programs and taking them through them so that they are able to do them by themselves, and fitness assesments too) or Group Fitness (Teaching freestyle classes), depending on which module you pick. You also do your Senior First Aid. Then you get your Cert IV in Fitness after a bit more study!

Hope this helps! If you have any more questions let me know :)
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:27 am

Cheers Em much appreciated.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:27 pm

Wow Em, I can understand why you feel a bet let down by your best friend, but I think you have it all figured out and that is a good thing!! I agree with Kim that it certainly seems that you are better off with out that kind of "friend" as hurtful as it may be. The best piece of advice I can give you is do what works for YOU!! It is your body, your life. Only you know what you need to do in order to lose weight!! If you find that counting points is the way to go, then stick with it darl!! I think you have come through this really well actually to not let it get you down to the point where you have just given in. Stay strong Em and lose the weight for your own health!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:30 am

Ally wrote:Wow Em, I can understand why you feel a bet let down by your best friend, but I think you have it all figured out and that is a good thing!! I agree with Kim that it certainly seems that you are better off with out that kind of "friend" as hurtful as it may be. The best piece of advice I can give you is do what works for YOU!! It is your body, your life. Only you know what you need to do in order to lose weight!! If you find that counting points is the way to go, then stick with it darl!! I think you have come through this really well actually to not let it get you down to the point where you have just given in. Stay strong Em and lose the weight for your own health!!!

Awwww thanks Ally, that's so sweet!!! :) :) I definitely feel in control of my eating when I'm counting what I'm putting in my mouth, because if I don't then I just mindlessly snack.. So I'm definitely going to keep doing what I'm doing because it's working!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby bluebox451 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:28 pm

KimE wrote:What did it take to become a PT if you don't mind me asking?

I did mine through Fitnation which was by correspondence and much cheaper (around $2500 I think) it was a combined Cert III & Cert IV course. They sent out all the books and DVDs for each module and you just complete the assignments/questions and send them back for marking. You also have the option of doing some face to face stuff and you have to go to the exams for each module. Much easier if you work or have kids - I think it took me around six months to finish but you can take longer or shorter if u want. I've heard good reports about AIF too but I guess it just depends on your situation. Hope that helps.
Liz :D
bluebox451

Postby Jisgone » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:19 pm

my brother did it through AIF, it took him about 3 months full time but 5 grand later he went back to his old job :P
Jisgone

Postby KimE » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:06 pm

Thanks for that info Liz. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Groovychic » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:35 pm

Well done on getting a job that you love Em. My cousin started off with that and now manages a gym. She loves it and has always been in great shape. She is in high demand and earns heaps of money from it now as well. I guess when you love exercise so much it is a great way to actually earn a living as well.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Jisgone » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:07 pm

i think cooking shows sabotage my diet! just watching them cook the yummy yummy food makes me hungry :P
Jisgone

Postby Lolly » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:27 pm

recipe books - even the low fat etc ones :(

I always look at the dessert section first :P
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:32 pm

Groovychic wrote:Well done on getting a job that you love Em. My cousin started off with that and now manages a gym. She loves it and has always been in great shape. She is in high demand and earns heaps of money from it now as well. I guess when you love exercise so much it is a great way to actually earn a living as well.

Wow, she manages a gym!? That's great!!! I'd love to do tha tone day!
It really is great loving my job. I went through so many admin jobs and hated them all, getting to go to work and train people, make them fit (and then help their sore spots by massaging them :P) is fantastic!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Lolly » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:05 am

Okies.........

Now Bob has gone from a straight out sabatuer to being a "helpful sabatuer"

He went shopping last night for some dinner for the kids and himself and brought back............

Kangaroo Sausages

Sure, they were low in fat etc but I had run out of calories by that stage.

He also got some cereal with me in mind, I don't think he noticed that I like to have a heavy brekky and get lighter as the day goes on *sighs*

I think I might start doing the shopping on a Friday afternoon before he comes back from work for the weekend to alleviate this little "help" I am getting from him. 8)
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:28 am

lol sometimes our other halves are trying their best but have no idea lol.
kate_turner2000

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk