It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:08 pm

Free Newsletter

Diet Sabotuers

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Ally » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:21 am

Hi Lolly.....mmm how to put this!! To me it doesn't sound like he is trying to harm you at all...it sounds more like he is actually trying quite hard to please you.....Was he aware that you had run out of calories (and is he even aware what that means?)?? Have you told him that you need to have a big brekkie?? It would probably help him if he had a list from you to do the shopping instead of leaving him to his own devices. Men are headliners and don't want to get into the nitty gritty of HOW we are losing weight. For him to buy Kangaroo sausages was a lovely gesture as from what I have heard, they are low in fat and very tasty....he could have just bought home the pork variety!! A lot of people have cereal for brekkie when trying to lose weight.....maybe you could have a bowl of cereal and a piece of toast with an egg or something.....it will still work the same! If he isn't aware of things mentioned, he may just turn his back on the whole thing and not be supportive at all. I hope this makes sense!! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Lolly » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:55 am

You are right Ally - he is only trying to help

Unfortunately, Bob has never ever ever had a weight problem and probably doesn't know what a calorie is or how many I should eat in a day lol

He will get there, I just need to educate him a little better.

I have just been and done the shopping and am making him put it away so he gets the idea of what I need to have instead of what I would like to have lol
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:23 pm

Awww! He does sound like he's trying a bit... I've never even heard of Kangaroo sausages!!!!

Hang in there girl, just keep educating him!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 pm

Sounds to me like he's trying his guts out but just doesn't know what end of the stick he's at. Given he doesn't appear to have a problem with gaining weight, he's probably never had to think about what is healthy, restrictions on calories etc. The more you include him in what you do the better. Just be sure you say "wow, that was really thoughtful, thanks so much, unfortunately I can't have any tonight because of X reason, so maybe I'll save mine for tomorrow and have a salad (or whatever) tonight" and then when you eat it tomorrow say "wow, that was really yummy, you'll have to tell me when you are going to buy them next so I can make sure I have room by dinner!". The old encouragement trick never goes astray.

As far as people telling you what you are doing to lose weight is wrong, sometimes I think people get so caught up in what works for them, they don't think about the fact that everyone is different. I don't count calories either, I just don't have the patience to add everything up in my head. I couldn't attend a gym if I tried. But for other people calorie counting and gyms are must haves. I always try to remember that when people ask me for advice and usually tell them to look for something that might work for them - think about what they enjoy or what problems they encounter and find ways to overcome them.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Jisgone » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:44 am

My best friend is my diet saboutour, and shes not subtle about it either! for a start she rung me up at 8.30 this morning (woke me) to tell me she was going to sizzler for breakfast and all the things she was going to eat, ive been dieting for almost 6 months now so she cant plead ignorance. Secondly she constantly rings me during the week asking me to take her maccas of hungry jacks or something to her for lunch wile shes at work, and then if i go there and say lets go to the cafe and get a sandwhich she will get potato wedges and try her hardest to get me to eat them. All the time she rings me up saying come over i feel like (insert some junk here) and its driving me nuts! i tell her im on a diet and she says dont be stupid why would u go on a diet but she has recently been putting on weight herself. She has always been a size 10, and complained she was fat but its always someone elses fault, recently shes been blaming her ex bf for her gainging weight as he didnt havent a healthy diet and she would eat anything he ate. The funniest bit is she will eat maccas 3 meals a day and then go for a 15 minute walk and claim she is being healthy and walking it off! I think the most annoying part is if anyone notices my weight loss infront of her she will go on about how well ive done, when behind doors shes the secret sabotour!
End of whinge :P (have u noticed i dont like being woken up on sunday mornings? :) )
Jisgone

Postby hushpuppy » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:49 am

LOL That would drive me nuts to . I have a mate that can eat everything fatty and not put on a pound . I look at Maccas and turn into the good year blimp lol
GRRRR
I hate slow metabolsim
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Lolly » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:25 am

work with a guy who is seriously trying to put on weight.

A strong wind could blow this littel fella over and he is desperately trying to "bulk up" a bit.

He eats the most amazing amount of food I have ever seen. We joke all the time that he is feeding his pet "10 foot tapeworm" but seeing someone eat that much at work is difficult. BUT he is one of my main supports at work to help me and I know he wouldn't recommend anything bad for me either so that is a help.

Just watching him eat though is a test each day *sighs*

[/url]
Lolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:26 am

never have kids then jewles! it would be a rude awakening for you hahahaha.
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:58 am

My husband is a darling and I adore him, but he has never had an excess kilo on him in his life!!!

He told me the other day to just be more disciplined about what I ate, which is soooooo frustratingm because it shows how little he really understands of the phenomenal struggle I have each and every day not to stuff myself with JUNK...

Every night he offers me ice cream, and every day he brings home confectionery from work - his leftovers - and I have to fight myself to say no. I think he's heard me tell him so many times that I'm going to lose weight that he doesn't really believe it any more.

Can't wait to show him the huge changes I'm making, but only time will prove my point, I guess....

Thank heavens for you guys who all truly appreciate the battle!
Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:12 pm

Good work, Dee!! In time I'm sure he'll realise how serious you are, and take notice of your new eating habits and discipline! Men can be so clueless sometimes!!!
Good on you for putting your foot down and saying no to the icecream and confectionary!!!
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Lolly » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:22 pm

Dee are we married to the same man??????

Bob has what he calls "glovebox fodder" in the ute - there is always a pack of jelly babies or something similar in there!!

Since I have been driving the ute, the glovebox fodder is gone :D

He has a very sweet tooth and no matter what he does he doesn't seem to gain an ounce and just doesn't understand why I gain weight so easily BUT I am educating him now and turning him from a sabotuer to a helper :D

[/url]
Lolly

Postby Dee » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:23 pm

I'm sure they don't intentionally sabotage us; but lordy are they good at it!
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Groovychic » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:44 pm

The problem with our guys is that they are trying so damn hard not to put their feet in their mouths!!! Frank always says "no comment" if I ask a question about fat or weight or whatever. I don't think I have ever said to him "does my ar$e look big in this"cos he would have rolled over and laughed his head off!!! Tho my ar$e is a hell of a lot smaller than it used to be, it was never huge anyway!!!! Sometimes I say to him do you think I am looking thinner and he won't answer me cos he says whatever he says I will take the wrong way. So I take that the wrong way as well.........hahaha!!! But that is the problem girls. The fellas know you really want to eat some choccy but are denying yourselves in the quest for that sexy figure but then they think but she says she wants to eat healthy. Buying the low fat salad with no dressing or the ice cream is gonna get me in the good books????? Thing is, neither will probably get them in the good books.......hahaha!!! No that is wrong. Just the thought they have taken into buying dinner or whatever is enough to make me happy. Frank is not one for buying pressies or anything like that so if he went to the shop and purchased stuff to make dinner and actually cooked it, I really wouldn't care what it was. It would impress me that he has had to think about me and what I would like. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk