It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:21 am

Free Newsletter

Drinks to help you lose weight faster

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Groovychic » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:04 am

The protein drink that I have is a soy based one. It tastes like crap!!! Even with skim milk instead of water. I have it with the milk to get more calcium and there is bugger all fat in the milk anyway. But it still tastes like crap! I havent been having very much for the last month because I have been otherwise engaged at lunch time and I like to eat breakfast, not drink it!!! But I will get myself into gear and start having it again. It seemed to help when I was having it regularly for lunch. Sometimes an hour or so later I might have a cruskit with vegemite on or something but generally it would fill me up and yet I could go for a swim afterward.......hahaha!!! It wasnt food so no waiting for 30 mins!!! :lol: :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby bluebox451 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:22 pm

You can get meal replacement protein shakes (they have carbs and protein so they are more balanced) or just protein shakes with no carbs which in that case I would have something else with it to make it a meal.
I just have a protein shake made with water after training for recovery and my absolute favourite is Goliath's brand, choc hazelnut crunch flavour. Mmmmm it is by far the best I have tasted, I only use a shaker and it comes up lump free.
If you cant have whey protein then go for a soy one. I used to have Nature's Way choc flavour but there's no way I could drink it with just water, it definately needed milk and A LOT of whizzing to get rid of the lumps. Bleugh! :evil:
WHat I've found that's very filling is egg whites, I'm never hungry afterwards for ages - I dont know what it is but other protein sources dont do the same job as a few egg whites on a piece of toast. :D
Hope that helps
Liz :)
bluebox451

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk