It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:58 pm

Free Newsletter

Websites

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Websites

Postby Lynda » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:43 pm

Does anyone know of good websites (besides this one) that will help with the motivation?
Lynda

Postby KimE » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:58 pm

I don't have any one stop shop motivational sites as such but the sorts of things that keep me motivated are:

- this site and the people here
- having well planned and realistic goals so I know where I am and where I am heading, then seeing results keeps me wanting to see more. Reviewing regularly or keeping them in a place you can see them can help.
- challenges, especially for exercise. There are challenges on here to help with that plus I am a member of the walking with attitude site that has them too on a bigger scale.

Losing weight is not an easy journey and as much as everyone can give support, ultimately we are the ones who have to get off our butts and do it. I found by staying focused it started to get easier as the changes I made became habits.

Hope you find what you're looking for.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Lynda » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:08 pm

Thanks KimE
yes, i have found help in this site already, it is so unbelievable how much.
I have my goal and that is to be back to 60kg, is that to much of a big goal? I am currently 97kg.

Challenges on exercise, how can i kick my own butt to get out there and do it?

I really want to stay focused!
Lynda

Postby KimE » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:12 pm

I don't think anything is too big a goal. The part where people come unstuck is how long they expect it to take. The experts say 1/2 to 1 kg per week and I found that was about right for me. Some people lose quicker and some not so. Set realistic goals around how long it should take and you will be better off. Patience is really required here! :D I know I went mental over it more than few times. :oops:

I have gotten to under 60kgs as you can see so not withstanding any medical conditions I don't see why you can't get there too. Just remember we are all different so what is a 'right' weight for me is not necessarily 'right' for the next person.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:17 pm

nicely worded kim :) i agree :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Lynda » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:22 pm

Kim, how (if you can remember) did you feel in your first week, what was your goal when you started? If you don't mind me asking
Lynda

Postby KimE » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:47 pm

LOL I had goals up the wazoo....meaning I had a load of them.

Ultimate goal - 55kgs
Quarterly goal - lose 10kgs
Monthly goal - lose 3-4kgs
Weekly goal - lose 1/2 to 1 kg
Daily goal - to exercise for at least 30 mins and eat well

I had a whole spreadsheet set up and everything (I still do). :roll: I am a bit that way. However, the goals were guides and I found the loss slowed as I got closer to my goal so I had to re-evaluate, I also didn't freak out if I missed a goal as that usually meant I hadn't put in the effort that week or I had set an unrealistic goal, so there was a certain amount of working through it as I went. That first week I was very optimistic and excited. I started on lite n easy and everything comes to you packaged so it was kinda like getting a present so that added to the excitement. I was pumped and ready to take control of my eating habits. I worked on the eating before the exercise which I introduced slowly about 6 weeks later. Came off lite n easy about 5 months later and having learnt better habits I make my own food.

Oh and how do you kick your own butt to exercise. I am a fairly motivated sort of gal I never needed anyone else to get me moving for exercise. However, you may find that group exercise or exercising with a friend helps keep you on track. Someone to give you a little push or where you will feel like you are letting them down if you don't go. The other thing is a Personal Trainer or something like a boot camp to get you started so you can see the benefits that will keep you coming back.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby bluebox451 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:27 am

Hi, I enjoy reading the success stories on http://www.sportzblitz.net
for motivation.
If you scroll down the page I think they are on the right hand side. It shows the monthly winner and you can click on the previous months and years for the past winners, men and women. They are normal people just like us, not celebrities with personal chefs and maids and everything else under the sun.
Liz :D
bluebox451

Postby yummymummy » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:47 pm

WOW Kim you are one cool girl!!!!
You are so organised motivated and totally have your head wrapped around this whole "weight loss thing" your posts are always helpful and motivating. Your not unrealistic in your expectations of yourself and you have a very healthy attitude to weightloss and life
Golly I wanna be like you when I grow up!!
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:42 pm

she is a wise woman our kim :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:27 pm

Thanks Jody! :D That's why I wanted to stick around once on maintenance to hopefully help others...either that or annoy the hell out of everyone. Either's good! :lol:
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:10 pm

You can annoy the hell out of us anytime Kim!!! LOL :P Glad you have stuck around mate!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby slimmindown » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:57 am

Me too Kim, you are a great role model and I've gotten lots of good info from your posts :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby KimE » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:44 pm

Thanks chaps. mwahhhh! <------that's a kiss by the way. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Groovychic » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:35 pm

Yep Kim knows all the right things and has proven it works! Just don't get too disappointed Lynda if you don't lose any weight in the first few weeks. If you have started on an exercise program then you are likely to build muscle. We are all here to support you and cheer you up when you are down! Just drop a line and somebody will reply to you in a flash! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Return to Weight loss Talk