It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:05 am

Free Newsletter

what diet do you follow

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

what diet do you follow

Postby milo » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:44 pm

I am just trying to eat lots of salad and veg etc and drinking heaps of water. I am not one to count or calculate

What type of diet are you following and has it worked for you?
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:04 pm

hi mel

i was never good with numbers at all and with a little one running aorund i dont have time to count either. i tried it though and will keep it in mind if i ever want to use that inr egards to my weightloss.

i just go by the term- fresh is best. fresh salads, fruits, vegies and meat. if im looking for a snack ill have protein such as an egg or some lean ham. i try and stick to low carbs. mainly because breads and pastas (even though i love them so much!) they dont agree with me. so i try to limit those as much as possible. so for example my breakfast would be something like a fruit platter or fruit salad (my own one because im fussy about fruits) then lunch would be a salad with ham or turkey breast. and then dinner would be a palm sized portion of lean meat and at least 3 cups of veg. i would snack on the low carb ice cream maybe once or twice a week as a treat (2 scoops), fruits and nuts. i also drink at least 2 litres of water a day and will not go to bed at ngiht unless my water has been consumed. if i want a treat every so often i buy myself the little packs of 50cent lollies from my general shop down the road- allens pineapples are my favourite! but i like to suck on extra drops or chew gum to help cravings for sugar. i also like the jarrah chocolattes and usually i pop over to my mums place every day for a coffee and have one there.

but everyone here is on a different porgramme to the next person :) we just need to find what works for us as an individual :)

Postby Chinta » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:30 pm

I`m following the old 123 Success weight watchers plan, on my own.
I find I personally need this to keep track of exactly how much i consume each day, as it`s easy to increase portions without even realising it. :wink:

Postby Ally » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:01 pm

I mainly stick to the principals of Weigh Less Naturally, but I have also been doing some calorie king counting as well...combining the 2...but the basic principals of healthy eating and allowing a treat once a week and exercise is the easy way to explain it!!

Postby Groovychic » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:07 pm

I've been using calorie king on and off. I'm not religious with it and a lot of days I only half complete it. I am getting a fair idea of how much calories I am eating each day....hhhhmmmm still way too much! But the principal for me is everything in moderation and exercise at least 30 mins a day.

Keep Smiling!!!

Postby slimmindown » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:30 pm

I count weight watchers points on my own, I dont go to meetings and my weekly weigh in is on this forum, best weekly meeting I've ever been too :lol:
[no excuses, I can do it!

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:46 pm

I count kilojoules, because if I just said that I'm going to eat healthy foods etc, I'd just end up eating too much without realising. I need the KJ counting there to keep me in line!!

Generally I try to eat a lot of fruit and veg, wholegrain breads and cereals, Low GI foods, but I let myself have treats too. If I feel like chocolate I'll have a square of Lindt or 15g of Maltesers or something. Because I count kiljoules, I can work it into my diet and not have to worry about having too much of it.

I exercise 6 days a week too, usually at a high intensity, which helps!!!

Just depends on what type of person you are! If you're not one for counting then kj counting won't be for you. But a food diary is a great idea just to have a look at the amount of food you eat each day. It can also help you see any patterns forming with the foods you eat!

Postby Lolly » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:02 pm

I count calories using calorie king

I generally eat healthy anyway (with a bit too much takeaway) but if I didn't count the calories I would be eating far too much - I need a STOP point iykwim.

I have also cut down on a heap of carbs - I used to have carbs with nearly every meal, now it is just one or two a day.

I am also making sure I drink my water each day, a thing I never used to do (lived on diet coke :roll: )
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:31 pm

I hear ya Lolly - about needing a "stop point". I like eating!!!! I have gotten sooo much better at listening to my body and eating when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm satisfied.. I used to just keep eating and eating and eating!!! I still have my moments, but that's when the calorie-counter comes in handy!!!

Postby Jisgone » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:03 pm

im on the eat less move more diet :P
i dont like diets, so counting calories or weight watchers numbers doesnt work for me but i definately read labels now! im aiming for about 6500kj's a day so if i read the back of a muffin and find out its got 3000kj's i run as fast as i can in the other direction hehe
i think the best diet is one that suits u and one u can follow for life

Postby yummymummy » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:36 pm

Im on sureslim, and I love love love it!! best thing I ever did,I feel healthier look better and its just a straight forward plan for me to follow

Postby SarahC » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:49 pm

I did that a while back... picked up one of those big muffins in the supermarket to see how many kilojoules etc. It was 3000kJ :shock: Nearly dropped the thing on the floor! That's half a day's eating right there.

Anyway... I do the food diary thing. I'm addicted to my food diary. I'm going for 7000kJ at the most (been going well over that lately :oops: ), eating tonnes of protein, and barely any carbs. Trying not to overdo the caffeine or alcohol, and drinking around 3 litres of water. And, I excercise for at least an hour and a half a day, sometimes more (crazy person :roll: )

Postby Kyles » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:06 pm

Im on my own low fat/high fibre diet..with lots of exercise and water.

At the end of the day...we didnt pay an organisation like Weight Watchers etc to help us gain the weight - so why should we pay to help lose the weight!!! We just have to reverse what we were doing wrong!! :D
Kylie : )

Postby chunky monkey » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:05 pm

I have just started counting cals and fat and writing in a food and exercise diary. For me this is the best thing.

I do not know if anyone else out there does this, but if a food is banned or restricted to me on an eating paln (such as Sureslime, TF etc..) I start to crave for it.

SO. I am eating anything as long as it fits into my 1250-1500 cals a day.

chunky monkey

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:15 pm

That's definitely a good way to go about it, chunky monkey :) :) i could never cut out carbs or anything like that! I eat chocolate, licorice allsorts, icecream etc etc but I only eat a small amount and work it into my calories so I never deprive myself!
Good going :) :)

Return to Weight loss Talk