It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:00 am

Free Newsletter

Backsliding

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Backsliding

Postby desert_me » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:11 am

Hello everyone,

I am firmly back in my old habits that got me fat in the first place.

Not exercising, eating 250g blocks of choccies, pigging out on Vili's pies, etc.

I've put 3kgs on in 3 weeks and I'm finding it hard to get back on the wagon.

How do I stop the Journey Back into Fat?
desert_me

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:25 am

i hear ya desert me!!! think back to why you wanted to lose weight in the first place. think about your health. get rid of all those nasties and tell people around you not to offer you things like that or eat them in front of you. start drinking lots of water - have a bottle with you all the time. you can get through this hurdle. i know where you are coming from my friend!
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:38 am

I know how you feel desert me... been there quite a few times myself. I agree with Kate.. think back to all the reasons you wanted to lose weight in the first place. Even write them down, make as long a list as you can think of, and keep it somewhere where you will be reminded of it regularly (eg on the fridge). Writing sometimes helps :)

If you can, clear all the danger foods from your house... but if that will annoy others, either tell them to get stuffed lol, or get them to hide it somewhere and not eat it in front of you.

And see if you can't get out on a quick walk every now and then. It's hard to get the motivation to start, but you will feel great after you get back!
SarahC

Postby KimE » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:53 am

I'm with Kate and Sarah, remember why you wanted to lose weight in the first place and think on how you felt when you had lost weight and could fit into new clothes and feel healthier...writing it all out can help.

Another thing I keep telling myself is it was damn hard losing all this weight once....I don't want to do it again!!

It is time to make a choice. People say "I want to lose weight" that is not what is going to get you to your goal. Wanting it is not enough...you need to choose it...consciously. This is about choices, so the question is what will you choose? Beyond that is the result of that choice. Choose to eat high fat/cal foods - result put on weight. So make another choice and see what you get. Simple....yes. Easy...hell no!
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:02 am

Add me to agreeing with ALL of you gals!!! You need to give youself a good kick up the bum mate and shake yourself back to reality....I only wish I had of done that, then I wouldn't be losing the same 30kgs again!!!! YOu can do it, if you want to!! You have to want to do it and I think you do otherwise you wouldn't have posted darl....come on mate, lets go!!! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby tiffanyp » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:16 am

I also want to say that I agree with all of you girls. The first decision of when and why you wanted to lose weight should never be forgotten!

I had a visit from a male friend (he was our best man in our wedding three years ago) and he went to the Doctor yesterday and was told he has to lose 30kilo! He is really worried that he wont be able to do it, so I offered to 'sponsor' him and help him to change his habits. All was good until my husband came home and offered him a BEER!! Which he TOOK!

So, the moral of this story (which I really have no idea where it is actually going) is to keep reminding yourslef with every temptation that you are on a journey for a longer, healthier life!

Cheers (without the BEER!) :D
tiffanyp

Postby Ally » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:18 am

maybe the low-carb beer might be a good suggestion Tiffany??
[/url]
Ally

Postby tiffanyp » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:22 am

Even low-Carb in high quantities is not good Ally!
And he is one of those wonderful jolly people that all the boys want to 'drink' with, so one low-carb beer would end up being twenty!
He has a tough journey ahead of him. I suggested he goes on SureSlim or goes to a Dietician for guidance.
Tiff :D
tiffanyp

Postby Ally » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:25 am

No nothing in large quantities is good for you!! He may just have to learn the hard way, that he either moderates his eating/drinking habits or he ends up crook! It has to be up to him to lose the weight!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby Leenie » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:08 am

hey,
i just recently (yesterday) decided to climb back to the very top of the wagon after slipping down the side.
one of the main things that really helped me was through searching some of the forums, i found one with over 1000 reasons to lose weight. i went through most of the list and found the ones that applied to me (there were a lot), i thought it was really good because i usually find things hard to put into words, but this was fanstastic, so i highlighted the ones that applied to me and continue to look at them.
to get to the reasons, go to lifestyle, general discussion, reasons to lose weight.

good luck, give us a yell if you are too small and need a boost back on to the wagon!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waz05aR/]
[/url]
Leenie

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:34 am

i hear ya guys my journey has more ups and downs the the rollercoaster at dreamworld . I now have the mind set of damn the world i wil do this for ME .

Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:46 pm

Imagemy step dad and uncle are best friends (my uncle is my mums brother) and they are alcoholics- no ifs or buts about it- they are. but they will say theyre not. anyway my step dad recently had something wrong with his pancreas and bowel and he was told to give up the booze or he would end up with one of those bags attached to him because they would have to remove some of his bowel. she he though ah well ill have that low carb beer- the thing is he would drink a case a day and it knocked him around more than his beloved beer. i tried to tell him that having a case of the beer doesnt mean its a more healthier option!
kate_turner2000

Postby Jisgone » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:50 pm

the world would be a better place if men listened :P
Jisgone

Postby The Blimp! » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:05 pm

Hey Desert me. If it is any consolation I bet you are not the only person to have slipped in the last month - Xmas/New Year is a tough time. I'm just starting on the weight loss journey, but I know when I quit smoking that it was a matter of rejecting one cigarette at a time. Can you apply this to food?

Also, the big trick is not to surround yourself with the wrong food. If you slip whilst you are at work, bring your lunch in so that you don't have to make a decision about what to buy (hard to buy a salad when Chinese or Italian beckons!).

Do you have a good online supermarket that you can plan what you need to eat each week and buy just that? I love it - no walking past chips and lollies!

And drink lots of water! It is good for you and stops you from feeling so hungry!

Good luck!
The Blimp!

Postby Dee » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:38 pm

Hey Leenie what was the name of that website! I was just thinking that it might be a good idea to print up a bunch of reasons why I'm fighting this battle and put them all over the house. That way whenever I start to slip I've got a reminder - or ten, as need be - of why it that I am fighting so hard to make these changes.
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk