It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:57 am

Free Newsletter

How do I stop from nibbling???

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

How do I stop from nibbling???

Postby Dee » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:03 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking for some tips on how to stop myself from snacking all day long. I'm pretty good about portion sizes and all that, but I am having a monstrous battle in trying to stop myself from grazing constantly. And quite frankly it doesn't matter how small your portions are if you have fifty of them!! :lol:
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby corolla_chick » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:12 pm

hi dee
this is what i also struggle with the most. im a grazer and i just nibble all day.

i have started to increase my water intake and find drinking out of a pop top bottle good.

gum and extra drops are also good too

or - you can exercise when you feel like eating. i did this the other night and ended up riding the exercise bile for 50 minutes!!

all these tips and i still snack tho.

you have to be concious of what goes into your mouth!!

hope this helps
beck 8)
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:37 pm

water water and more water
kate_turner2000

Postby Lolly » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:04 pm

Kate you are like a broken record with the water :lol:
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:11 pm

I was really bad at one stage with the nibbling between meals. I'd do it to the point of being full when it was time for an actual meal, and I'd still eat the meal anyway.

Now if I catch myself reaching towards something for a little nibble, I consciously think "No, you're not really hungry". I make sure I do it from when I get up because once I have a nibble of one thing, it just keeps going throughout the day. Generally if I nip it in the bud first thing in the morning it will be a lot easier for me to control.

If I'm really craving having a nibble, to the point of feeling anxious and fidgety, I write in my diary. Not in my online diary, but in my paper book diary. It's not necessarily about how I want to nibble, because that keeps my mind on it. I try to pick something else to write about that's bothering me, because usually that's why I'm wanting to pick at food!

Does that make any sense? I kinda rambled a bit there! Hope it helps!!
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Dee » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:20 pm

No Em, you didn't ramble on..

I already drink loads of water; one of the few healthy things I do.

It really is a constant battle... Like every minute of every day I'm fighting to stop from putting the wrong thing into my mouth - or really even eating anything when I'm not hungry...

But I'll keep working at it, and if anyone has any magic solutions that can suddenly change the way my mind works I'll be their best friend for life! :)
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby hushpuppy » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:32 pm

Chupa chups are great when u need a sugar hit and sucking on them generaly takes for ever and time used up u dont seem to be hungry any more
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Chinta » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:04 pm

For me, eating in the morning starts of a machine effect and I want to continually eat all day. :roll: One of my brothers` has this problem as well (He`s slim though).
We all know we should have breakfast, a light snack, Lunch, a light snack then dinner....... but this doesn`t work for me....... I end up grazing ALL day.

I have black tea in the morning, then don`t have lunch until i`m actually Hungry ( not crave food, but hungry)... This could be sometime in the afternoon. Then I am full until dinnertime.
As I`m up until early hours of the morning, if i`m hungry later into the evening, I have enough points/calories to have a light snack.
Kate is right about the water....it helps fill you between meals...... I constantly drink extremely weak low joule cordial throughout the day, aiming for 3 to 4 litres a day. (I have it in 2litre bottles to monitor it).

I hope you find what works for you to help stop the munchies :D
ImageImage
Chinta

Postby SarahC » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:22 pm

I have the exact same problem... some days I don't think I have single thought in my head that doesn't relate to food :( Writing in a diary sounds like an excellent idea though, and might uncover the reasons why we are craving food all the time. Better to find out what the problems are and deal with them head on, than to just eat to try and cover them up. It doesn't work :(
SarahC

Postby Ally » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:06 am

Kate you are SO right about water.....hydration is so important and it does help with weight loss. You keep being that "broken record" darl as what you are saying is true!!! :wink:

From personal experience a lot of the "snacking" is just eating for the sake of eating...unfortunately it is a habit that needs to be broken...yes it is hard, but it can be done!! I used to eat all the time. I would have breakfast and then go to the fridge and look for something else to eat!!! Now I have breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack....it works for me and I find that if I eat smaller meals more often I have success with the scales! But when I say snack it is usually a piece of fruit or yoghurt or some crackers with cheese and tomato or something like that.....Don't get me wrong sometimes I don't have a snack as I am not feeling to good or even feel like eating, but most of the time if you have a snack, it stops that gut-wrenching hunger pain which is more likely to make you over-eat!! :D Sorry for the ramble.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby SarahC » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:45 am

Another reason why drinking water is important to weight loss, because the more you drink, the more you pee... meaning more excercise. Think of all the walking back and forward, and how good the squats are for your legs everytime you sit and stand :D

Sorry, Mondayitis starting to kick in already :roll:
SarahC

Postby Pinkie » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:21 am

Ahhhhhh this is my problem as well. I will eat and eat all day and still eat my meals. LOL its like snacking and meals inbetween :roll:

I'm with Kate, the water water water is what helps me. I constantly talk to myself as well. 'You're not hungry' 'You don't need that' etc. Keeping busy for me is good too. I tend not to think about my stomach if I'm doing something interesting. That's the key its gotta be interesting!

I try not to have temptation in my way as well - although its hard with kids they'll have bikkies or from Christmas, chocolate around. Yesterday I opened a big chocolate freddo with smarties inside and didn't eat a bite - how proud am I!! I'll have lots of fruit around to stave off sugar cravings - watermelon and grapes are helping me with that. I must admit though, I only have one small bunch of grapes a day, or maybe two or three small cut pieces of watermelon if I need it (I cut my watermelons up into small squares and remove pips and leave it in a bowl in the fridge).

Still, I have a long way to go and so far this is helping. :D
Pinkie xx

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBH58xg/]
[/url]
Pinkie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:06 am

thanks ally i may be a lot of things but being a broken record is helping others :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:40 am

you sure are a help Kate!!

Sarah....love the idea of additional 'exercise'!! LOL

Hey Pinkie....have you tried freezing your grapes when it is really hot?? Yum!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby tree » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:25 am

Talking about addtional excersize... I have made a rule for myself that if I go to the loo at work I have to go upstairs to the ones on that level.
With all the extra water and extra peeing I should have calves to die for........ :lol:
T.

starting weight 91.2kg
current weight 85.2 kg
tree

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk