It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:26 am

Free Newsletter

~*Fluid*~

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Lols » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:02 am

So whats the besst way to get rid of excess fluid? i've been pretty bloated myself lately :(
Lols

Postby Ally » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:08 am

Drink plenty of water....yes this actually helps, the more you drink the more your body will rid you of your excess fluid!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby bluebox451 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:20 am

Try not to overdose on carbs and eat a low salt diet (salt helps retain water). SOme people get bloated because they have a sensitivity to gluten or yeast or milk etc etc. I got tested to make sure I didnt have coeliac disease and came up negative but I found that I am sensitive to wheat products in that I get bloated straight after eating them.
ALso, the vitamin B6 supplement I have in my fridge says it is helpful with PMS symptoms such as bloating - I think it is Nature's Way brand? (a yellow and green bottle). Hope that helps.
Liz :D
bluebox451

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:40 am

Image yeah a lot of sodium (salt) in your foods isnt too good for you -sauces and so on because it helps keep the fluid in your body. drink lots of water to flush yourself out. if you dont drink ENOUGH water you body will hold onto what it does have.
kate_turner2000

Postby bluebox451 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:57 am

Yeah, spot on! ANd then when you're really dehydrated and you start drinking heaps your body will go :P :P "Yippee, water! Better store as much as possible just in case this dimwit decides to have another drought" Our bodies are generally smarter than we are and can automatically go into self-preservation mode. Just like when you drop your calories too low and you stop losing weight.
So if you do start drinking water and cant handle the bloatedness just try and stick with it for a little while longer and it will ease up.
Liz :D
bluebox451

Postby Lols » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:31 pm

ahhh I think Liz has just hit the nail on the head with my problem! I used to only barely drink a litre of water a day - just drink at night before i went to bed was enough for me. Well now ive switched to a healthier eating plan ive read water is very important and you need to aim for at least two litres a day and i've been doing that ...... so maybe my body is just clinging onto the sudden surge of water that its not used to. I'll keep with it and hopefully it'll go away.

Thanks!
Lols

Postby Anne » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:40 pm

Hi Kate,

Sorry to be such a wet blanket, but you might want to have a talk with your doctor. Sometimes fluid buildup can be a sign of a heart or kidney problem.
Anne

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:48 pm

hi anne
thanks :) not a wet blanket at all :) recently had check ups and all is good- only probably was my cervical cells and it turned out ok :) thanks anyway! (p.s. i think its because i havent drank a lot of water for the past few weeks)
kate_turner2000

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk