It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:17 pm

Free Newsletter

psychologist in the nth syd area NSW

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

psychologist in the nth syd area NSW

Postby rubysred » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:21 pm

Hi I am new
Just wondering if anyone can help me out with the above request....
rubysred

Postby Groovychic » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:30 pm

Sorry Ruby, no idea. Cant help you there.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

rubysred

Postby rubysred » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:32 pm

thanks groovy
will keep searching......
rubysred

69.2kilos

Postby rubysred » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:35 pm

i'm not sure how to go about this. i am 169cm and 69 kilos. I am trying hard to looseweight ang have managed 3 kilos since Nov 19
Need some support.....
rubysred

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:37 pm

Hi rubys red wow you are doing really well. any loss is excellent especially over this festive season !! what sort of support are you after?
kate_turner2000

thanks!

Postby rubysred » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:39 pm

i'm prob after psych support because i eat as a comfort..... want to deal with it so am after a good psychologist as my new year resolution to myself.
Thanks for being so positive!!!!!!
rubysred

Postby Groovychic » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:39 pm

Well ruby we are here to support you mate. The first thing you need to do is start to keep a food and exercise diary. Then I would suggest you measure yourself in the morning. Bust, waist and hips. Then you need to make a plan. Obviously you want to lose 9kgs. How are you going to go about that???? What food/drinks that aren't good for you can you cut from your diet? How much time can you spend a day exercising and are you used to exercising or are you a beginning. If you are a beginner, start with gentle walks for 15 - 20 mins a day and build up from there. If you have been exercising for some time and are reasonably fit, then up the tempo of what you are doing.

Finally, have a read of some of the posts in here. If you have any questions at all, no matter how silly you think they are, then please write a post. We are here to help. Hope this has helped Ruby. :D
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:41 pm

rochelle has said it beautifully :) we are hear if you need a chat ruby. and we are free!! perhaps look at other peoples progress on here that eat for emotional reasons. they can and will inspire you.
kate_turner2000

9 kilos?

Postby rubysred » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:45 pm

i feel confused.... 9 kilos seems a lot but maybe i was living in happy land. I am 169cm and weight 69.4 kilos and i thought i only had 4kilos to loose?????
rubysred

Postby Groovychic » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:07 pm

4 kilos is probably enough ruby. My height is 160 cms and I want to be 60kgs. That is fine with me. You can do a bmi test and that will tell you what your bmi is at the moment. And if you pop in say 65 kilos it will tell you what your bmi is at that weight and if you look at the chart underneath it says what is normal etc. Here is the link.

http://www.weightloss.com.au/weight-los ... -index.htm
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby yummymummy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:02 am

Your BMI for height and weight is in the healthy weight range as it is, many people aim for the mid way pont of the healthy weight range so to have a bmi of 22-23(does this make sense?)which for your height is about 65 kgs so about 4-5kg loss for you, but so much depends on what your body shape is my bmi is 23 but I want to lose some more and incorporate exercise because I still have flabby bits. Maybe some support like from weight watchers or something similar will help you devolp good eating regime- but this forum has given me the best help so check it out!!
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby KimE » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:48 pm

Hello Ruby and welcome to the forum.

If you want more information check out the :arrow: home page as there are a lot of great articles and tips for weightloss. There are also various tools to help you work out goals and plans etc.

I would check out the yellow pages for a psychologist, only because I use the yellow pages to find everything else! :? Perhaps speaking to your doctor might help as he/she may have advice and/or a name of someone who can help.

All the best and let us know how you go, good luck on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Re: thanks!

Postby Pepper » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:07 pm

rubysred wrote:i'm prob after psych support because i eat as a comfort
Is that all???Image Geepers!!! I ate out of boredom, happiness, sadness, guilt, lonliness, and any other "comfort" excuse I could think of for so many years, that I now have to get uncomfort(able) as much as possibleImage to sweat off the 75kg that take up residence on my hips, and thighs, and butt, and, and.....Imagewhen I wasn't looking!!! Image
Strong people don't walk away from the truth, only the excuses others try to sell them.
Pepper

Return to Weight loss Talk