It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:36 pm

Free Newsletter

Xenical?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Xenical?

Postby Nikki_1983 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:02 pm

hi i have heard about the product xenical and i was just wondering if anyone new anything about it? the pro's and con's?

thanks
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSoJmIs/]
[/url]
Nikki_1983

Postby Groovychic » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:09 pm

Be careful Nikki cos it might give you the $hits. It may be one of those ones that if you eat any fat at all then you have to go to the loo straight away with the runs. You need to research it properly. I am sure the internet would have heaps of info and there are bound to be plenty of members that have heard about it. I really don't know about it because I haven't gone in for anything like that.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:47 pm

wow that must be the thing my sister was using. she said its quite expensive and it didnt do anything! (in terms of weightloss) but she was quite descriptive and told me (beware tmi) that when she is a poo it looked like oily stuff in the toilet.
kate_turner2000

Postby Groovychic » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:00 pm

EEERRR yuck. That is grose Kate! I really don't want to take any pills or anything. The most I have resorted to is the protein drink. And even then I don't have it to the full amount that they recommend........it really tastes like crap!!!
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Ally » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:13 am

I have heard the same along those lines too....They also had a segment on one of the Current Affairs shows where this lady got to a stage that she couldn't leave the house as she was embarrased she wouldn't be able to make it to the loo in time as it would just start "happening". This is gross too, but apparently she said it would take a couple of flushes to get Mr Poo down the loo!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:11 am

Ally wrote:it would take a couple of flushes to get Mr Poo down the loo!

hahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaahhahahahhahahahhhahahahahhahahahahahahahha you have a way with words ally lol i almost fell off my chair
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:30 am

Oh dear... that's very funny :lol:

I'm not entirely sure what Xenical does, but I though it was meant to stop the fat you eat from being absorbed and used by the body, meaning your body gets less calories out of the food you eat (correct me if I'm wrong :oops: )

I don't know if it has this in it, but chitosan is an ingredient that does the same thing. It attracts and binds the fats to itself and makes it impossible for them to pass through the walls of your digestive tract. Obviously they then just come out the other end lol. It is derived from shellfish, so you can't take it if you're allergic to seafood. I believe they also use it to contain oil spills at sea :o

Anwyay, I've been taking it for quite a long time (embarrased to say how long!), but just on occasions when I'm eating out and it's impossible to avoid a fatty meal. I don't take it regularly or anything. I haven't had any horrible encounters with Mr Poo :D because of it :lol: :lol:

It's called Thompson's Fat Blocker :wink:
SarahC

Postby yummymummy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:49 am

Well I tried xenical a couple of years ago, and I dont know whats wrong with me but it didnt work!!!! I even challenged it by eating a high fat meal (pizza) and there was no change in my toilet habits at all, nothing happened- weird
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Groovychic » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:01 am

Geez Jody I thought it would make you spend half a day in the dunny!!! I won't tell you the story of my brother in law's toilet adventure when we were in Exmouth. It is too grose but lets say that mr poo certainly didn't want to go down! Now whenever I see him I always tell him I aint going in the dunny after him!!! Its a great joke between us! Just as well he doesn't embarrass easily and that the house wasnt supplied with rainwater from a tank cos he did an awful lot of flushing!
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby yummymummy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:24 am

I know weird huh? my friend was on xenical and even the most basic of meals sent her running to the loo al day and she used to have to tip buckets of hot water down there to get rid of the oily poo!! eww I had no side effects at all and didnt lose any weight suprise suprise it just didnt work on me- funny!
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby chunky monkey » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:54 am

Ahhh yes Xenical!! Another of the quick fixes that I have tried in the past.

I was on this for a week and have to give it up as it just did not agree with me.

Firstly the cost was expensive. From memory it was about $60 a month, though I think it has gone down in price. Secondly, I felt really sick most of the time on it. And lastly the poo. Yes it is horrible, oily and rank. I did feel like that I could not wait so once I started feeling that way, combined with the other 2 points, it was time to give it up.

So, in a nutshell. Really do your research on this one. It is expensive and designed for a quick fix. Let us know what you decide.

Best wishes,

Michelle
chunky monkey

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:15 pm

hi michelle just curious if you lost any weight whilst on it?
kate_turner2000

Im on Xenical

Postby Jenni » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:25 pm

Hi Nikki,

Im taking Xenical at the moment. I have a farily low fat diet anyways, and I haven't had the runs at all. What is does is it stops your body from absorbing up to 70% of the saturated fat in your meals. So it means that if you eat Macca's, yes you will get the shits. But the point of this pill is to train you to say no to those really fatty foods because you know if you eat it you will be sick...

If your going to take it, be prepared to tuff it out for at least a month while your body gets into a cycle.

Hope this helps.

Jen x
Jenni

Postby Hayley » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:02 pm

My mum gave Xenical a try for about 2 weeks, a year ago. She had to stop as she had no warning at all when she needed to go to the loo and there were a few times when she didn't actually make it to the loo in time (and she was at home - luckily!). It stops your body absorbing fat in the foods you eat, therefor you poo it out instead. It gave her 'the runs' big time and she too, said it was yellow oil that floated on top of the water. It grossed her out and made her feel sick (and stomach cramps), so she gave up. She is a teacher and luckily she tried it in the school holidays....she figured that she wouldn't be able to do it while teaching little kids, cos she knew she'd never make it to the loo on time. Sounds very gross and to be honest, I don't understand ow a product like that can be used without doing some form of damage to you body.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby chunky monkey » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:13 pm

Hi Kate,

Even though I was only on it for a week, yes I did lose a couple of kilograms.

I just could not stick it out because of the side affects.

Michell
chunky monkey

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk