It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Xenical?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Ally » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:37 pm

hahahaha Jenni well that is straight talking!! LOL!!

Hey Hayley...great to have you back!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Gaia_Girl » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:20 pm

All I can say is DON'T DO IT!

I used the tablets a few years ago now (when they first came out) and suffered from 'those' side-effects severely. I got to the point where I only ate things without any fat in them at all and I still suffered.

Now I have some digestive and bowel (I know gross) problems which I attribute to the tablets. The tablets changed the acidity of my stomach, according to my doctor, and found I could not eat some foods and it's only been in the past couple of months that I have had some luck in eating things like strawberries and pineapple again.

The small amount of weight I did manage to lose only came back on in more kilos than I lost.

Think very hard on your decision if you plan on taking these tablets and be well aware that the side-effects are not only embarrassing but can possibly cause long-term problems.

Take care
Gaia_Girl
"Magick Happens"
Gaia_Girl

Postby Simmy » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:45 pm

My god! I realise this was meant to be a more serious topic - but like Kate I couldnt stop laughing! And 'Mr Poo' who thought of that one?! I assume he's married to 'Mrs Wee' then? LOL. On a more serious note, I was seriously considering xenical a few months ago (especially because its no longer prescription) but was turned off it by my internet research. I have tried a prescription weight loss drug in the past (cant remember what it was called now) I was on it for a week, lost 4 kg. But it was like speed. The day just flew by, and before I knew it, it was night and I hadn't eaten. My mum ended up confronting me and accusing me of being on drugs. (lol) I was only 16 at the time and my GP prescribed it (although the reason I went in was because I was feeling sick - and he weighed me, told me I was fat (20kg lighter than I am now), and told me I should take a diet pill) . Needless to say my mum took the remaining tablets off me.
Simmy

Postby BubblyMac » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:20 pm

I too have tried Xenical a few years back.

Definately didn't work for me either. And I remember paying about $100 for it (ouch!!).

I found it very embarrassing one night, i'd taken the tablet and went out with some friends to the movies and we had maccas but I just had a burger and coke, and I wasn't even half way through the burger, I had to literally run to the bathroom as the crap was busting to come out, if I was ready or not. I had to go again before the movie and didn't eat any more food. I couldn't beleive it. I was so embarrassed.

I did still try them for another day or two but with some other foods I was eating, I was still running to the toilet as it felt like it didn't give me much notice to go to the loo.

So that's another thing I definatley wouldn't do again.

I have actually even tried from a chemist, I can't remember what it's called but it as a little sniff stick, so every time you had a craving, you'd stick this thing up your nose and inhale the smell and the smell was meant to help you get over your craving. And it also came with a mouth spray to help you stop snacking. AGAIN this didn't work either.

(Oh - the things we try when we're desperate. ) :lol: :) :roll:

Hope that helps you out in what you decide to do. Good luck! :wink:

Cya
Larrissa :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wksPHQO/]
[/url]
BubblyMac

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:46 am

i think you were talking about Duramine Simmy?
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:50 am

I thought Mr Poo would be better to say than "trying to flush a big S#$t down the toilet, Simmy!! Also apparently it is not Mrs Wee anymore, it is Ms Wee...she divorced Mr Poo as he was somewhat of a censored!!! LOL :P

Sounds very much to me like the tablets you were on were Duromine. Truckies love them as they are exactly that...a form of speed. I used to work at the local truckstop when I was 14 and I had one (truckie) approach me and asked me to go and get a prescription for him (as I was overweight and wouldn't arouse suspicion!) Needless to say I said NO!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby dancer » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:31 am

XENICAL cost about $120 a month from memory when I took it, but it was prescription only at that time, 2001.

It's very basic. Eat low fat and you'll be fine.

Eat KFC and you'll get the squirts.

It acts like more of a deterrent than anything else I found, when I thought about eating Maccas or KFC I thought hang on I can't because I don't want to have an accident.

If you are looking for a helpful diet pill, I would recommend REDUCTIL.
Winners MAKE things happen,
Losers LET things happen.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8P4eP1/]
[/url]
dancer

Postby Simmy » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:10 pm

I thought I had replied to this, but obviously not! Duramine is definately ringing bells. Thanks Kate. I suppose it would make sense for truckies to want it to stay awake - and not to be stereoptypical - but most the truckies I know are big guys (I guess its an added benefit?)
Simmy

Postby Jisgone » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:05 pm

i just heard on the radio this morning that they are thinking of banning xenical as its been sold to girls as young a 12! it cant be good for someone so young
Jisgone

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:08 pm

love your theory there simmy about the big blokes lol. its probably true.

with the xenical if i was on it and knew i was going to have kfc i wouldnt take the pills - then i wouldnt have the reaction on the loo! lol. i dont think it really teaches healthy foods- and it punishes you for foods that are high in fat but i think its important to have that in moderation and not deny yourself EVERYTHING in life.

aH WEll just my thoughts on it :P
kate_turner2000

Postby hushpuppy » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:18 pm

They are thinking of making it prescription only again as young girls have been on it . It cause a huge uproar when the adds were on duiring idol as they thought that they were tarketing young people . Hopefully theu will make it prescription only again
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Nikki_1983 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:54 am

:shock: Thanks guys for all your reply's.... it sounds completly GROSS lol... i dont think i'll be trying it
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSoJmIs/]
[/url]
Nikki_1983

Postby Kindred-Katt » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:03 pm

I remember Xenical all to well.
It cost me about $100 and the side effects were pretty much what everyone else has already said.
If I ate anything which was more than about 10% fat not only would I be running to the loo but I would have that oh so terrible anal leakage, (as it was described to me by my doctor), which meant that I dared not pass wind because, well I won't go into detail but you can imagine.

And after everything I lost a mere 3 kg in a month which I think was more water weight than anything.

I think I would have been better throwing the money in the loo and flushing it away!

And yep, it sounds like Duromine was what Simmy had that her mum took away.
I will actually be starting on it myself in a couple of days.
When I am thin, fat will be in!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBsOI5W/]
[/url]
Kindred-Katt

Postby Chelle » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:33 am

I never tried it but my siter-in-law has been on it, It is the around the $100 dollas mark mabe more & yes she has had an shite accident out in plublic so be carefull
Chelle

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk