It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:34 am

Free Newsletter

I Survived Wendy's!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I Survived Wendy's!!!

Postby Ally » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:32 am

I survived Wendy's!!! I am really excited as this was one of biggest bug-bares when taking the kids there...I would always end up with something in my fat little mit!!

I took my son to the doc's yesterday (more of that one in a minute :shock: ) and he croaked at me that may he have an ice cream please mum...I knew the poor little mite wasn't going to be able to eat much else, so i caved and took him there (it is right next to the doctors office!). I walked in asked him what he wanted, ordered it and when the girl said "Is that all" in the pressed-button-robot voice they all seem to use, I said Yes!! Ha! I wasn't even tempted!!! (and it was soooo hot here yesterday too!!) I had a little triumph and I think people wondered what on earth I was grinning at as I walked out, but hey....that was for me to know and they to wonder!!!

Now my son (twin 1) stated that he had a "bit of a sore throat" I thought it was because he was completely blocked sinus wise and had been sleeping with his mouth open...I looked down his throat and the poor little mite is just covered with pus and swollen tonsils...straight to the doc thinking it is ok, just tonsilitis, right...wrong! Doc says oh how about a dose of glandular fever mum!! I was shocked...he said yep, classic text book glandular fever presentation.....nose completely blocked tonsils pussed and swollen with a glaze over them and glands the size of golfballs!! Oh S^%$ I said!! He has told me that if he is showing no signs of improvement by Thursday that I need to take him to get tested for it. (he said it could be just tonsilitis, but he doesn't think so. to be sure wait for 2 days if it is just the tonsils, he will show improvement by then, if not it is the GF!) Well so far not so good as he has woken up this morning feeling really crappy...oh!!! I think tomorrow we will be taking him for the blood test!!

Postby SarahC » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:49 am

Well done on saying no to the ice-cream! That is very difficult do to especially on hot days :D

Hope your son doesn't end up with glandular fever, that's horrible. Is it contagious??

Postby grugwashere » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:31 am

congrats on the wendy's you must be very proud...

Your poor boy... i hope everything is ok with him... ym brother in law had GF when he was 16 and it lasted months! but hopefully they will be able to give him effective treatment if it is that :(
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg

Postby Lols » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:49 am

Congratualtions on surving the Wendys temptation - must admit icecream is a bit of a weakness of mine too. :lol:

Postby Jisgone » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:02 am

i know how the poor little fella feels! its horrible!
whatever u dont, dont let the doctor give him penicillian cause it will give him a nasty rash (sounds familiar :P)
i hope he gets better soon and it turns out to just be a nasty case of tonsilitis

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:06 am

penicillin always worked for me! but those damn horse tablets sucked! hope he feels better soon ally- let us know how it all goes and i can just imagine this massive grin like a cheshire cat as you are walking along haha. well done!

p.s. i ahve a coupon for a wendys chocollo and i havent used it yet :P

Postby yummymummy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:42 am

good on you for surviving wendys!! Its hard work not to join in on the kids treats It sounds like your having a rough trot with illness in your house at the moment I hope it gets better for you all soon

Postby Groovychic » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:06 am

Gawd Ally you are so strong girl. Throw me some of that will power please!!!

Your poor little boy mate. Give him a big cuddle from me. He must be feeling so crappy and his throat so sore.

Keep Smiling!!!

Postby Pinkie » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:54 pm

Way to go Ally! Well done on being so strong its a very hard thing to do.

My heart goes out to your little boy. I hope he feels better soon. Please let us know how he goes...
Pinkie xx

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:06 pm

Congrats Ally :D That's a great accomplishment, resisting Wendy's, they have soo many yummy flavours to choose from too!!

Sorry to hear about your son being so sick :( Fingers crossed it's just tonsillitis because when I kept getting tonsillitis they thought it might have been glandular fever.. The tests will let you know!

Postby Jenni » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:59 pm

Thats awesome m8! Keep it up ;)

Jen xo

Postby Ally » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:32 pm

Thanks everyone...I was pretty excited....apparently GF is contagious! So we are making sure everything is as clean as we can and he has his own water bottle etc...we make sure he washes his hands if he sneezes or coughs too....rather be safe than sorry!

He is on the penicillan liquid and so far he doesn't seem to have a reaction to it....His glans are still swollen, but he fell up the stairs before (just to add to his problems!) but it worked a treat on his nose and he was able to blow out a whole heap of yukky yellow snot!! so he can kinda breath on his own again!!

I will keep you updated......he goes for tests tomorrow, so I am not sure how long it will take for the results to come through, but I will let you all know as soon as we do!! Thanks for all your lovely words! Rochelle, I sure will give him a hug for you...he will get a buzz out of that!!

Postby KimE » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:38 pm

Nice work with the Wendy's Ally, you are going from strength to strength.

Best of luck for your son and I hope it is GF, let us know how his tests goes. Poor thing, it's horrible being sick like that.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:10 pm

I used to get tonsilitis a lot when I was a kid, so much so they threatened to take them out. Not on my nelly.

Having a sore throat for whatever reason sucks the big one, but I really hope it's not glandular fever - that knocks you out for a good long while. I used to love lucosade when I had tonsilitis- don't know why. And salt water gargles (salt in some warm-hot water) or iodine gargles can help with the swelling and also can help the infection, but it only works if you can get him to do it (I used to hate it)
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:13 pm

heres a story

my niece who is 16 was ove rin italy last year for a student exchange for a whole year. just before she was due to fly home- that week she ended up really sick and they took her to the hospital many times and the doctors didnt know what was wrong. the family she was staying with were well off financially but when you are sick you arent allowed to have showers, and even when you have your monthlies you arent allowed to shower. the mother gave her this holy water that she got from some country she visited that apparently had healing powers and it didnt work! she was so sick and all she wanted was a shower but she wasnt allowed. she got home finally - after long plane flights feeling sick as a dog and went to the hospital upon her arrival- she had glandular fever. its funny how over there they had no idea what it was and over here the knew straight away.

Return to Weight loss Talk