It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:39 am

Free Newsletter

tony ferguson

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

tony ferguson

Postby Aquagirl » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:36 am

Hi everyone,

I am really struggling to get back on the wagon post Xmas and new year celebrations.

Previously I lost weight through my own diet, not following a set diet. I have read and heard alot about the Tony Ferguson program. I have a couple of questions for anyone out there that can help me.
Is the diet hard to follow? How much does it cost per week? And just generally how people felt about it.

Thanks heaps.
Aquagirl

Postby Lols » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:46 am

Hey Aquagirl - i did some research into it before i started too. Their forums off the main TF site are really helpful and everyone on there that is following it speaks nothing but highly of it so i decided to give it a go. Other reason for me following this diet is because its easy to follow a bit of a no brainer ..... two shakes a day (brekky and lunch) fruit and vegies and a serve of meat a day. Shakes are really yummy (had my first this morning) taste a bit like Santarium Up n Go.

Initial set up cost me $170 .... manily because you have to buy things like book, fibre, chronium - stuff that will last you a while. That also included i think about two- three weeks worth of shakes. From then on in its about $160 a month so about $40 a week.

I've only been on it a day so can't really comment any further. Good Luck! :D
Lols

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:04 am

hi aqua girl

check out the tony ferguson website at http://www.tonyferguson.com

for information about pricing etc.

Registration $15.00 (you only pay this once) they weigh you and measure your waist for life with no extra charge.
Tony Ferguson program book $9.95
14 meal sachets (2 per day for a week) at $3.19 each = $44.66
TOTAL $69.61

After that you'll only pay $44.66 each week for your meals, measure and weigh-in.

TF brand extras that can also be purchased if you wish are Simply Fibre, Multi-Vitamins & Minerals, Bio-Chromium and a plastic TF shake cup.

The shake and soup flavours for you to choose from are:

Banana
Chocolate
English Toffee
Espresso
French Vanilla
Mocha
Strawberries & Cream
Wildberry
Asian Curry Soup
Creme of Chicken Soup
Mushroom Soup
Roast Pumpkin Soup

there are also some new flavours out but the stock is limited. like most programmes theyre not suitable for some people. like lauren mentioned on the tony ferguson forum they talk about how great it is but i have also heard some not too good stories on there as well. perhaps find your nearest tony ferguson stockist to discuss it with them as they are the professionals. its convenient for alot of people because two meals a day are shakes/soups. if you have any other questions feel free to ask, i have relo's that work for MR Ferguson :P
kate_turner2000

Postby Hayley » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:57 pm

HI Aqua Girl,

I thoroughly recommend the TF diet. I weighed 93kg and lost 18.4kg from following theeir program....I've since put on 3.4kg, sop am back up to 78kg exactly but that's still a loss of 15kg and I found it quite easy. I have started back on the program today as I have a further 10kg to lose before I'm at my goal weight. I just have to get motivated again, because I have been very slack over the Christmas and New Year period and have eaten very very badly...hence the 3.4kg gain! :oops: My own fault but back into it today.

Good luck and let me know if you decide to join the program.

Hayley, WA.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Lolly » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:18 pm

I did try it............... and hated it :shock:

I found I was hungry all the time (I am a bit of a grazer) and it didn't suit me really at all.

I did stick with it for 2 weeks and lost about 5kg but it all came back because I didn't learn to eat smaller portions etc and when to stop eating iykwim
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby Kyles » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:34 pm

Hi there,

I was on a similar thing about 12 years ago, in which you drank shakes and ate no carbs etc so your body goes into the state of ketotsis.

I did well and lost 20kgs in about 8 months (that was with little exercise)...but when I went back to eating real carbs (bread, pasta etc) the weight just comes back on.

Sure you will lose the weight but not really sure you can stick to shakes all your life to keep the goal weight. Seems to be more of a temporary diet to lose the weight but what happens after that?
Kylie : )

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wz9V01c/]
[/url]
Kyles

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:41 pm

hi kyles :) the shakes and soups have a certain amount of carbs in them as do the vegies you are allowed to eat but the high carb veg like spuds you cant eat and you are right you go into ketosis. however, im not sure about other shakes programmes but i know the tf one has a maintenance programme. they specially design a programme for you- they talk to you about your favourite foods and in consultation with you they work out a plan to follow. whether the people on the programme follow the plan or not is their own decision but it is unlikely they will put the weight back on if they follow some sort of maintenance programme (which basically eliminates the shakes from the equation and starts to add foods with carbs in them slowly back into the diet). but like any weightloss programme when you have reached your desired weight it is up to you to maintain it.
kate_turner2000

Postby Hayley » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:04 am

Exactly what I was going to say Kate. Anyone who has been on a weightloss program and who goes back to eating lots of carbs and not limiting their portion sizes, will definitely put the weight they've managed to lose back on. TF has fantastic nutritionists who will sit down with us for 40mins to an hour and construct a detailed maintenance plan which allows smaller portions of carbs back into your diet......it's really just a sensible eating plan which details portion/serving sizes and weights of suggested foods. Also, to maintain the weightloss we will have to exercise too.

I'm very happy with TF and have about 8 other friends and family
members who are following the program too, and they're all having success with the program. Obviously the program doesn't suit everyone but I'm finding it beneficial and have changed my thinking toward the types of foods I'll consume once I hit my goal weight, cos I certainly don't want to get bcak to my starting weight.
Hayley

Postby Aquagirl » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:52 pm

Thanks everyone for your comments and such.

I think it is my portion sizes and changing what I eat that I need help with. I have really gone crazy with eating really naughty food.

So I have decided to take myself off to see a consultant and will keep you all updated.
Aquagirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:02 pm

sounds good keep us posted :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Hayley » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:15 am

Well, yesterday was my 2nd day back on TF and I lost another 500g since yesterday, so that's 2.8kg gone in the first 2 days back. The wieghtloss is always big for me in the first week back on the program but it will slow down after that - which I don't mind. I realise that even though I'm drinking 3 litres water each day, the loss in the first few days is mostly fluid, which is cool with me cos my tummy was so bloated and my ankles swollen a bit too.

Feeling really motivated again and now have 7.2kg to go until goal, which is a hell of a lot better than 25kg (when I first started TF).

I'm enjoying weighing myself each day to see how my weight fluctuates and I think I'll update my ticker daily, even when it goes back up, cos it helps me stay motivated.
Hayley

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:00 am

thats good hayley

even thought they say not to weigh in each day there are some people who really get a kick out of it. you arent one to carry on like a doofus if you see a fluctuation. :) keep at it you are doing well. :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Aquagirl » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:59 am

Well, I did it!

Tomorrow I begin my very first set diet (Tony Ferguson). It was actually quite difficult. Sounds crazy, but it was for me.

I will keep you all posted an thanks again for your help. :D
Aquagirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:49 am

well done aqua girl- how was it difficult? im confused lol
kate_turner2000

Postby Lols » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:30 pm

yeah im also losing about half a kilo a day in my first week of TF .... i have bent the rules a little bit here n there ..... like I have to work til 9pm wednesday nights and work buys dinner ..... so whatever they buy you have to eat ..... so instead of my normal six slices of pizza i had 1.5 slices and brought steamed vegies with me to fill up on.

Im finding the shakes really tasty ..... strawberries and cream is so far my least favourite.
Lols

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk