It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:26 am

Free Newsletter

tony ferguson

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Hayley » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:32 pm

Good on you Aquagirl! You've taken the 1st and often hardest step by actually deciding to join up to the TF weightloss program. Congratulations....if you stick to it, you'll see results very very shortly. Remember to drink at least 2 litres water daily (I drink 3 each day and I find I lose more weight the more water I drink). The first 2 days can be quite hard, making many people feels dizzy, tired, hungry and have bad headaches - especially if you are a big coffee drinker. I found that I was ok if I kept my water intake up. I didn't get any headaches and made use of the unlimited diet jelly whenever I felt hungry or like something sweet. You could make up a batch of weight watchers 'no-point soup' and have that as often as you like whenever you're hungry, as long as you limit the carrots. I make it up without the carrot and basically put in whatever other 'allowed' vegies I have in the fridge. Helps fill you up at lunch time after your shake. I have been having the soups a bit more for lunch now, whereas when I first started TF I only had the shakes. I add heaps of vegies to the TF soup and it feels more like a 'real' meal.

Feel free to send me a private message if you need to chat about the program or if you have any other questions. Otherwise, just post it in this thread and we'll answer you ASAP.

Good luck and congratulations again! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Aquagirl » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:02 pm

Thanks everyone.

Kate- Its just a personal issue with confidence and all. I was also struggling with the concept of paying for a diet. Thats all.
Aquagirl

Postby Lols » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:23 pm

yeah must admit im really struggling today im just so lethargic just want to go home and sleep. Usually when im tired i turn to sugar to perk me up but looks like im just going to have to struggle thru it and hope its my body detoxing and it will pass.
Lols

Postby Hayley » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:44 pm

Hang in there Lols...it will pass, I can speak from experience. Can you make up little containers of diet jelly to take to work to get you through the sugar cravings?
Hayley

Postby Lols » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:54 pm

Hayley - yeah need to buy some smaller containers when im next at shops - got the big ones for my lunch time salad.

Its not so much im craving sugar - i just craving something to perk me up a bit today - sugar, caffiene etc. But im not caving in - i think i'll just wait til hometime - eat dinner - do 30mins on xtrainer and have an ultra early night.
Lols

Postby Hayley » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:57 pm

Good idea Lols. Remember, if you feel tempted to cave...just jump online, someone's always here! :D
Hayley

Postby Lols » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:06 pm

Nope so far today I've been offered the following and rejected them all:

A spare Latte someone got our company order at Gloria Jeans and it was offered to me.
A Pizza Bun stuffed with Ham and Cheese a coworker bought enough of those in to feed a small world nation
A Macdonalds Breakfast.
A Chocolate Bar
A Coke
A handful of potato chips.

If i can say no to all those in one day im not about to cave now! :D

As you can see my work place seems to be on the exact opposite of my diet ...... one of the main reasons ive got the extra weight in the first place.
Lols

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:20 pm

Wow, good job on refusing all that food girl!! That's fantastic :) :) You have great will power, and it just powers you on to keep refusing bad foods and keep doing well.
Well done :D
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Fantasia » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:22 pm

I am also on Tony Ferguson- today is day 4 doing well except have been home sick last two days so am only having one shake a day and other than that just my evening meal. I am having coke withdrawals but am coping remarkably well considering how much coke I did drink.
Fantasia

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:35 pm

hey fantasia glad to hear things are going well for you in regards to giving up the coke. hope you feel better soon!
kate_turner2000

Postby Nancy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:16 pm

Didn't work for me. Well it worked, but you have to lose weight if you can't eat! Problem is with very low calorie diets that most people end up putting all the weight back on because they're not sustainable, but they get everyone switched on becuase you lose a lot of weight fast.
Nancy

Postby Bigrik » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:21 pm

You see alot of the people you loose the weight put it back on because the dont adjust their eating habits after. You can't just go back to what you were eating before the weight loss, sowly add things back into your diet and see what works and doesn't.
84 Day Challenge
28 Days Down 12.2kgs off
Goal 30kg
Stretch Goal 40kg
Bigrik

Postby MissE » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:52 pm

Shakes do seem to work for alot of people so long as they do keep in mind that at the end they still have to change their eating habits. I guess thats why I've never done them, Id rather just cut out the middle man and change my eating habits.
Unfortunately alot of other people think that you use the shakes to crash diet, then go back to how you were, and pile it back on again.
I've always been suss of the shake diet, but kudos to anyone who makes it work for them!
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby *KaTe* » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:57 pm

Im loving it, best thing ive done to date! Is great for me as its convinient, easy and the weight is coming off. I lost 25kgs or so by myself, with exercise and eating well etc...but got to a point where I was
1)unmotivated and over it
2)exercising too much and not getting the results in return
3)stressing about my weight and
4)not moving on the scales...

So thought id give it a go to get the last bit of weight off, and am very happy! Depends on your lifestyle and situation! Im just bloody excited as i'll finally be at goal BEFORE CHRISSIE! And I will never go back to eating the way I used to 2 years ago, as i'd feel like crap and I enjoy being healthy!

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby roxy09 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:18 pm

I did the Tony Ferguson Diet too, I lost 2.5kg in the first week, then went up then pretty much lost a kilo a week, however I stopped after 3 weeks. becuase I too was very hungry and I had some side effects, I had headaches, and felt hungry most of the time. I did not like the soups, so only had the shakes, and I was starting to think that living off shakes is not a good thing.

I have only started on this forum, but since joining, I have cut out potatos, junk food, reduced the amount of coffees i have per day and I have lost 2 kilos.

Tony Ferguson was good, but just did not suit me, so I say give it a go, what works for some, does not work for others.

Let me know how you go with TF

Good Luck

Roxy09
roxy09

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk