It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:54 pm

Free Newsletter

A strange thing

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

A strange thing

Postby Jenni » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:58 pm

Hey all

Last Wednesday I weight 89.3 and I have been busting my butt to loose weight this week in preparation for the Indian meal I am having tonight - eeek! Anyways on Tuesday I was 87.9, but I was hoping to knock off a bit more so I busted my butt again yesterday. I ate the following:

About 1/3 cup of special K and 1/2 cup of hi-lo milk
Malaysian Laska for lunch
3 plums
half a can of baked beans
100g of atlantic salmon and steamed veg

On Calorie King I had done so much exercise that I had more that 2000 calories to make up for the day, but thismorning when I weighed myslef I was exactly the same!

Whats with that!?

Im being pedantic I know but I did soooooo much exercise yesterday - I dont understand where I fell down.

Jen xo
Jenni

Postby chunky monkey » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:15 pm

Hi Jenni,

It's not PMS is it? At that time I can count on about a 2kg gain.

Cheers,

Michelle
chunky monkey

Postby Jenni » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:17 pm

To be honest Michelle, I wouldn't have a clue. I dont actually menstruate since ive had a IUD for a year and a bit now. Can PMS still occur if your body doesn't create an egg?

Jen xo
Jenni

Postby grugwashere » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:20 pm

this is a bit gross but maybe you need to go to the toilet?
thats when i weigh myself because i know there isnt any extra weight other than my body.
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby SarahC » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:25 pm

Yep there's heaps of reasons why the scales say what they do. I end up with quite large calorie deficits and yet the scales barely alter. It's a bit difficult to see a change in such a short timeframe as a day :( Your efforts will show themselves later I am sure 8)
SarahC

Postby Ally » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:35 pm

Hi Jen...I don't think it would matter if you had an IUD in or not I don't think as our bodies still have fluid fluctuations daily, so it could just be that....if that makes sense!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby laura » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:45 pm

grugwashere wrote:this is a bit gross but maybe you need to go to the toilet? .

I agree :lol: . Be carefull with your eating, if you don't eat enough fibre you can get constipated.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVPFGZa/]
[/url]
laura

Postby Groovychic » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:13 pm

Yeah whether you weighed yourself after going to the toilet last time but didnt this time can make a huge difference. To be honest 1 day is not really long enough to see a difference. Plus muscle weighs much more than fat! So if you up the exercise expect to not see a loss for a little while. I;ve said this before but I am going to say it again :o , someone once told me that however long it took you to put the weight on, expect it to take the same amount of time, if not longer, to lose it. So if you gained that weight in 1 year expect it to take that long to lose it again. Its not entirely accurate but it does point to not being too disappointed when you don't lose any for a week, or a day in your case Jenni. Personally I weigh myself a maximum of 2 days a week. And to avoid weighing in on a different day to Friday, I make myself a cup of tea and drink it before I get dressed to avoid the call of the scales!!! The result would not be accurate after having the cup of tea! Dont stress too much Jenni. I hope you have enjoyed your dinner feast tonight and just get back on track tomorrow. You'll be fine mate. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Dee » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:07 am

If you're not weighing yourself at the same time you'll also get weight fluctuations. I used to get really obsessive when I was dieting and sometimes weigh mysself twice in a day and find out I'd put on half a kilo in the afternoon or something...

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby SarahC » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:05 am

I sometimes weigh myself twice a day, just out of interest though. I don't get upset if I find out that I am heavier in the afternoon. Most of the time it actually stays the same, but if I'm retaining fluids then I could be a kilo heavier, which is the case at the moment :(

(I did a very weird thing last night - my feet were so swollen so I thought to put the tape measure around one of my feet. I checked it again in the morning, and it was at least a cm less! Amazing. Over a kilo of fluid was on me, and I could hardly fit into my shoes... must have been the heat :? )
SarahC

Postby Ally » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:56 am

The heat will often make some people retain fluid Sarah (ooh pick me as I am one of them!) I guess you are having some stinking heat problems too huh?? It is horrible here at the moment too!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby SarahC » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:01 am

Yep it is gross here... 28 was the min last night! Less than 10% humidity though - great for drying laundry :) The office weatherman has just walked in and announced the cool change... hopefully he is right!
SarahC

Postby yummymummy » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:23 am

eww 28 as a minimum!!! yoe poor thing, Here in perth I think 28 was the maximum yesterday, I went for a walk last evening and I got saturated from the rain, not very summer whether at all at the mo.
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby tree » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:41 am

Hi Jen

I strongly agree with the others that you should not put to much emphasis on the daily weigh in.

Fluid, periods, a big dinner, the fat vs muscle thing all can cause fluctuations and not losing or even a gain after a great day can be so dissapointing that you fall off track.

I think you should pick a day a week and make that your regular weigh in (my husband does saturday morning naked weigh in - after the toilet!) and use the tape measure as well. It is a much better indicator of whether or not you are changing your body shape.
T.

starting weight 91.2kg
current weight 85.2 kg
tree

Return to Weight loss Talk