It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:22 am

Free Newsletter

=( water

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

=( water

Postby grugwashere » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:47 pm

i havena minute bladder.... i dont think i could drink 2 litres of water without sitting ont he toilet all day... if i do drink too much liquid i literally cannot do anything else i have to stay home as i need to go to the toilet ever 5 mins and i mean every five mins.
is there hope for my weightloss if i dont drink enough water?
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby Sassygirl » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:56 pm

Hay I am the same. If I know that I have to go out - I stop my drinking hours before otherwise I am dashing off to the loo every 5 minutes. Maybe we need to train out bladder LOL
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Lols » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:25 pm

Im not different - with the amount of water im drinking theres trips back n forth to the "ladies" every 10 minutes at the moment. Annoying fact of life i guess.
Lols

Postby SarahC » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:25 pm

Peeing is a good thing, it means you're not retaining water! I'm forcing it down at the moment.... it's all going in, but not a whole lot's coming back out again. I feel like a human water balloon :( Be thankful for running to the loo :wink:
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:42 pm

think every time you go to the loo the more toxins you are releasing from your body
kate_turner2000

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:31 pm

I had a similar issue when I started drinking the 2litres a day...I was advised by a friend to work my way up...start by drinking 3 glasses...then a few days later do 4...then 5 etc 'til you get to the 8-10 you should be doing. It probably took me about 4 weeks to get up to the recommended amount...then another week or so of going to the loo A LOT but now I am drinking 2-3 litres every day and don't notice I am going to the loo any more than anyone else. So you CAN train your bladder.
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Postby BubblyMac » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:02 pm

I find drinkning my 2-3L water a day that somedays, I only need to pee once an hour or two but others, I can got 4/5 times in a matter of 2 hours.

Sometimes it feels like every 10mins and is a little frustrating. But I am glad to know it's a good thing and is helping losing weight. :)

So I just put up with it. But on a day i'm going out and I know there isn't any toilets, like tomorrow morning, i'm not drinking anything until I'm on the way home so I can pee when I get back. I just can't hold onto the bladder if it's pushin to come out!!

So i'm not sure how to lose wieght with drinking less water? Maybe as someone else said, start off by drinking a bit each day then slowly build it up.

Good Luck - I hope it works out alright for your weightloss! :)

Larrissa :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wksPHQO/]
[/url]
BubblyMac

Postby Groovychic » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:51 pm

I think you can train your bladder to hold on for longer. Tho don't take that as gospel cos I'm not sure. I always go and pee at least once at night but generally twice but when we were away years ago camping I really wanted to avoid getting out of the tent and wandering around in the dark for a pee so I just held on for as long as I could. By the time the 6 weeks of camping was up my bladder was doing great guns!!! I have always drunk a lot of water and I would never try to skimp on the water just because I didn't want to go to the toilet. But I am back into the old routine of going twice at night pretty much. But thats ok. I would rather drink the water and go at night then not have the water.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby hushpuppy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:50 pm

HEhehe u girls wait till u have kids lol when i was pregnant it was baaaaaad in the last 3 mths and the first
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:41 am

hey jules only those months?!! it was all the way through my pregnancy hahah. maybe you dont remember- baby brain i think its called- i still get it
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:29 am

the bladder is even more of a hassle when you are carrying twins!! LOL :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:27 am

LOL i only had small babies 6'11 and 6'13 but boy did i have alot of water . I can remeber sitting with my legs together in the car waiting to find a petrol staion lol
Oh Ally twins . Now that would be bad on the bladder
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby yummymummy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:29 am

You can defn train your bladder to hold more, you will need to work on strengthening your pelvic floor muscles if you find your leaking if you dont get to the loo in time. And when you feel the need to go hold of for 5mins then increase the time slowly how long you hold off for, your bladder is used of telling you it needs to be emptyed when its only so full and you need to increase how full it gets befor it tells you it needs to be emptied, caffine and soft drinks irritate the bladder so its best to avoid those drinks, its a common problem for people so dont feel too concerned but if its affecting how much water you can drink then maybe go see a continence advisor which you can get a referal for from your doctor or a physio if the probs with the pelvic floor muscles.
Sorry for the rant Ive spent far to much time on a urology ward lately!!
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby *~Pinkshoes~* » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:10 pm

The more water you drink the more your body will get used to it. Keep at it, your body will get used to the extra water you are drinking and you will find yourself going to the tiolet less, beieve me, i started out going to the toilet all the time and got rather sick of it but all it takes is about a week or less for it to settle in! :D
*~Pinkshoes~*

Postby KimE » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:27 pm

Hello Pinkshoes and welcome to the forum. :D

I still go to the toilet about every 1/2 an hour but can hold on for longer if necessary, like I am in a meeting or something.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk