It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:17 am

Free Newsletter

Biggest Loser Reality Show

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Biggest Loser Reality Show

Postby Dolly » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:26 pm

Wasn't it interesting that the pig out prior to the 1st weigh-in had the contestants all losing 22 pounds or more
but on the second weeks weigh-in it became a bit more realistic (even though they'd worked their butts off exercising) the girls averaged a loss of around 2 pounds each (same as what we can do with simple food control and a 30 minute walk 5 days per week)
http://www.manuelsweb.com/kg_lbs.htm
Dolly
Dolly

Postby miss_muffin » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:53 pm

i must admit that i have a love hate relationship with this show...i didnt get to see the first series cause i didnt have a digital set top bax (which u need in tas to get channel 10)......

i'm hooked watching it but it concerns me a little that it doesnt inform the viewer enough. for example, loosing 10kg in a week isnt necessarily a healthy thing........sorry if i'm not making sense.

anyway, that was just my thoughts.

cheers,
deb
miss_muffin

Postby Dolly » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:39 pm

Deb, I couldn't agree more. I'm hooked on the show too only because seeing all that fat makes me realize how people see me and it makes me want to lose weight along with them.
I'm about to watch episode 2 again right now whilst I have my fat free lunch.
Don't click here if you don't want to see who's out in the next episode http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/
I think the trainer named Bob is a bit gentler on the weight loss program. He allows the girls to eat a little fat each day saying fat is essential to help a body function.
The trainer Jillian however cuts every bit of fat out.
Dolly
Dolly

Postby cynara » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:40 pm

Jillian must be pretty disappointed in herself - She made one guy Matt get injured - Anyone will be able to tell you that sprints when carrying that much weight is serious trouble.

Then the bust up that night with the guys and she walked out - I would probably do the same as her. They don't have to be there if they don't want to do it properly I am sure there are hundreds of other men that would give their arm for the opportunity to do that.

With regards with the high amount of weight loss. It is normal to lose that much if you are doing that much cardio at the start weight they are at - the only danger is injury - too much too soon. They are putting too much shock on the muscles and bones. Towards the end of the program whats the bet at least two will have shin splints.

If all I had to do was exercise all day with a trainer I would probably lose about 4kg in the first week - then it settles down after that.
cynara

Postby Dolly » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:52 am

I see they voted Nick off the Biggest Loser.
He may have lost more weight than the others but he didn't hang out as a team member, he made the trainer stress and shout, he over slept and over ate.
How could he not see the other guys were going to vote him off and then leave in such an angry manner.
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:23 pm

Last nights Biggest Loser was a bit nasty. It's a pity that the girls made a split in their team over the censored temptation.
I have a feeling Suzanne is not going to let anyone beat her without a fight http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/co ... s/suzanne/
Dolly
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:47 pm

WHO WANTS TO SIGN UP FOR AUSTRALIA'S BIGGEST LOSER?

Click Here to view application form - http://www.biggestloser.com.au/

Dolly
Dolly

Postby emma21 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:02 pm

Is anyone gonna send the form in? :shock:

I'm really thinking about it, but the thing of having to maybe leave my daughter for up to three months is a bit hard to swallow. Plus I'm not to sure if any of my family would want to take part lol

I dont think I will send the form in.... And fingers crossed - I will have reached my goal by some time next year...

Emma :)
emma21

Postby Dolly » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:05 pm

I'd love to send in the application form but I feel I'm too injured to do any of the exercises
plus all their people seem to select are young between the ages of 20 to 45 and I'm over that even though I act 12 and feel 18 teehee!
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:20 pm

To full on for me, the food restriction wouldn't bother me but I would not be able to do the excersise.

I like the trainers on Celebrity Overhaul better. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Serena » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:46 pm

I tell you what guys, I am tempted! I even downloaded the form and filled it out. 3 months just to focus on weightloss sounds fantastic, but I'm not too sure about cameras in my face 24/7 and reality shows generally go for really obnoxious and outspoken people so they can create a bit of tension and that's not really me. I might send it in anyway. They probably won't like my tattoo though. And I carry most of my weight around my hips and bum and thighs which is harder to lose than upper body and stomach fat. Can you see me trying to talk myself out of it? What do you guys think? Should I do it?
Serena

Postby miss_muffin » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:18 pm

well im glad i read this thread because i didn't even know that australia was having a version of the biggest looser!!! (im little behind on whats happening in the world, lol).

im seriously thinking about applying......it's the opportunity of a lifetime.

cheers,
deb
miss_muffin

Postby Dolly » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:23 am

Gosh the Biggest Loser is so inspiring.
I wonder who's going to win.

I kept clicking through these successful slimmer pictures, they sure give a person motivation.
http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/we ... html#photo
Dolly

Weight loss is no big deal after all!

Postby 1duncan2 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:13 pm

Hi guys. My name is J. Duncan McNeill and I live in Darwin Australia. I have had a weight problem for many years, but a few months ago started researching the whole subject of weight loss and wrote a bunch of articles which you can find in Ezine Articles. Finally, three months ago I took a stand for myself and decided to "do it". I used a program I bought from the internet along with my own knowledge from my research.

The result has surprised me. I started at 116 KG and today I am 105 KG. Now you might think that a very slow reduction, but hear me out because I am thrilled with that. I have wonky knees so a brisk walks are not on, but I play tennis three times a week. That is usually, but constant rain lately has meant it is more like once a week (Darwin had 1.2 metres of rain in February and 700 mls in one day!). So here I am in early March and I have hardly exercised at all, but the weight is still dropping off. What's more, I enjoy one or two drinks every night (scotch and wine) and I allow myself a splurge meal every week (ice cream sundae, sticky date pudding, etc) so now I am wondering what the fuss is about?

My secret? A lot of the food comes from the organic shop - cereals, eggs, sprouted grain bread and non dairy milk. Low fat/low sugar cottage cheese and yogurt plus fruits and vegetables come from the supermarket. I eat five small meals a day and a more or less conventional dinner, but avoid "white" foods like pasta, potatoes, rice, flour, etc. I make sure I have a portion of protein and a portion of carbohydrate each meal. I never feel hungry. If you like you can have a look at my blog.
[Deleted link]
Last edited by CronicBadger on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This is a discussion forum, not a commercial link-farm.
1duncan2

Return to Weight loss Talk