It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:13 pm

Free Newsletter

That Time Of The Month

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

That Time Of The Month

Postby Bella214 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:29 am

Good morning my gorgeous fellow weight loss buddies!

i need some advice ... in the past when i have tried to lose weight, i have 'issues' when it comes to that time of the month :?

so far, i am only into day 5 of my new eating regime however, im pretty sure my 'friend' will be paying me a visit soon ... *sigh* ...

basically, how do u all cope with weighing yourself at that time of the month and then seeing the scales increase? i know it's due to fluid retention, etc and its perfectly normal but my damn female hormones go into overdrive and i end u getting depressed, start thinking what's the use of trying to lose weight and end up going back to eating as i used to :( my god, i sound like a sad sack!

so anyway, any suggestions people?

by the way, on a lighter note ... hehe ... i had dinner at my cousin's place last night ... being italian there was LOTS of food - and some was fried *icky* ... the 'old' me would have had a bit of everything however, last night i only ate what i wanted to, i didn't eat something just because it was there! i was very impressed with myself. one of the tips i found on this website was to try and leave a little bit on my plate at the end of the meal, don't just eat it because it's on my plate ... another tip i've started to incorporate into my eating and i feel so much better! that is a bit improvement for me as i usually eat EVERYTHING on my plate ... slowly slowly, my bad habits are changing into good habits! ooh, and there were sweets as well ... i resisted temptation! but the funny thing was, i didn't even feel like any! ... who am i and where did the old bella go? hehe!

thanks for listening everyone!

hope you all have a great weekend! today it's my mum's birthday so me and my sister are taking her out to lunch ... but do not fear ... i will be using my good habits as the old ones have been tossed to the kerb! :lol:

*mwah*
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wX3QzRl/]
[/url]
Bella214

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:35 am

wow bella sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and you are making some wonderful decisions. do you measure your body at all or only use scales as a guide? my tip is probably not to weigh in at all around that time of the month. it obviously disheartens you and thats the last thing you need when you are trying to think positively :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Bella214 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:37 am

thank you for the kind words kate! *cuddle*

i only weigh myself but i think i should start taking my measurements as well and use them as an indication of how i'm going with my weight loss ... i get too dependent on the scales ... another bad habit i must break! hehe

thanks again for the motivation kate!

*me takes out tape measure*
[/url]
Bella214

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:39 am

yeah its hard not to get on the scales every day. :? :cry:
kate_turner2000

Postby Bella214 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:43 am

oh, and another thing i used to do is weigh myself at night (fully clothed!) to get an indication of what i'll be in the morning! :oops:

toss that habit into the bin! hehe
[/url]
Bella214

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:45 am

im sure you arent the only one out there that does it bella!
kate_turner2000

Postby Bella214 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:49 am

i feel so normal on this website ... hehe! i started to think i was all alone with my bad habits ... but it's refreshing to know that i'm not the only one and that there are people out there who want to help ... not because it's their job, but because they've been there and know what it's like! it's very rare to come across people like that these days!

thanks peoples!!

:D
[/url]
Bella214

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:53 am

hi bella we can only share what we know and what our own experiences are. but we can also just be here to listen.

i know what you mean though, its lovely to relate to other people :)
kate_turner2000

Return to Weight loss Talk