It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:55 am

Free Newsletter

SureSlim

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby emztres » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:10 am

That's exactly right Michelle. You explained the experience perfectly for me lol.
Kate, i tried to get my money back. But apparently it was pretty much a done deal once i/we signed.
After all the blood checks to see what was making you gain weight and so on you would come in for your first consultation and they would give you papers indicating what "type" you were. But to me it felt like they'd just printed out a copy from a handful of "different types" instead giving me a completely individual report. On the first consultation i was still sitting there waiting for more, i guess i expected more, but it turns out the consultant was already finished! Here's your diet(pieces of paper and seeds), see you when i do! lol

- Emz
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8j2rYt/]
[/url]
emztres

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:44 am

wow i was curious as to how it was all done emz- as they say on the ad about blood analysis etc. they must have categories or something and just slip you into one. cant believe its costs so much for seeds. rather eat grass :P
kate_turner2000

Postby Jisgone » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:01 am

I think the government should bring out a non profit weightloss company, so we know were not getting ripped off! so many dodgy places are just trying to make some quick money, and the government is making such a huge deal over obesity but not doing much about it
Jisgone

Postby chunky monkey » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:43 am

Thats right Emz. While you were waiting for your blood test results (which incidently in my case were billed to Medicare, not to Sureslim I noticed), it is conveniently the same time as a "cooling off" period so you have no claim against them.

I also felt that the diet that they subscribed was a generic one that was made for everyone, not the personally devised as they said it was.

Good idea Jewles, also in the long run, think how much it would save in the public hospital system.

Michelle
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbij8Bk/]
[/url]
chunky monkey

Postby Simmy » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:08 pm

Jewles wrote:I think the government should bring out a non profit weightloss company much about it
I have been thinking about this for a while now! Obesity is such a problem, yet the government don't seem to do anything about it except censored how much its costing them each year. Compared to smoking that is also such a problem, but has a MASSIVE campaign program behind it (I am not saying they should put up adds with a big cross over a big mac, or a person not being able to play with their children because they're to big) something more like the QUIT support line (they even have one for unwanted pregnancies - even if it is anti-abortion) some kind of support system (telephone counselling, follow up phone calls, nutrition guidelines mailed out) isn't to much to ask for. Food can (is?) just as bad of addiction, why aren't we given help? Maybe we should make a petition to the government!
Simmy

Postby Simmy » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:10 pm

I really need to start previewing my messages before sending, I left to much of what I wanted to quote on, and instead of censored I mean complained. LOL
Simmy

Postby zoeh » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:20 pm

You know the centre I am going to for my consultations etc are not like that at all.

I definitely did not feel they slipped me into a category.

In fact she mentioned certain foods that were cut out because of my choloresterol levels and kidney functions which i felt were very individual.

She also has booked me in for certain times in advance, I have alwasy gotten on to the consultant every time I phone, she seemed really excited with me about it, she was very factual with my weight loss and that was really encouraging to hear 'you'll lose it in 2 months' being said as a statement not a, you should, you may etc...

She answered all the questions I had and is easy to talk to... very informative and I found the diet a wake up call to exactly what a balanced diet is...
zoeh

Postby Vegetable » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:33 am

I am female, 20, 103 kgs. I did sureslim when I was 17, 128 kgs. The day I started, my aunt and uncle also joined up. My aunt was 45 & 135 kgs, my uncle 47 & 100 kgs. After all the blood was taken, and we got the results back, we compared notes. THEY WERE IDENTICAL :shock: We were pretty surprised to see that! Anyway, we figured we must just be similar or something cos we are from the same family, and let it go. Within about 8 weeks, seeing our success, my other aunty (about 35 and 150 kgs) my cousin, (20 but no idea on weight) also joined. THEIR DIETS WERE IDENTICAL TOO!!!! Fair enough, it really does work, and it works fast, but at least in my opinion it was very unhealthy. Say that it works fast, but why the hell advertise that its your own personal diet and blah blah blah? Heap of crap! LOL My aunt ended up calling the 1300 number to get some answers. They basically said that their is 1 generic diet. They test your blood to see if you have diabetes, high cholesterol or other factors that may contribute to weight gain, THEN ADD OR SUBTRACT FROM THE DIET ACCORDINGLY..... so basically its $900 for a blood test that ccould be bulk billed through the drs! What a rip! LOL sorry If i seem riled up about it, but i was sooo ripped off by sureslim (ive whinged about it before :D)
Vegetable

Postby Vegetable » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:35 am

Oh, I also want to add that I have had friends more recently do it, and their diets were the same too :roll:
Vegetable

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:00 pm

Yeah I've heard that everyone gets pretty much the same diet too... there's no way I could afford it but if it's what you need to do to lose the weight then so be it I guess!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby zoeh » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:12 pm

Why do you think the diet is unhealthy? Its full of fresh fruit, vegetables, seeds, protein?

Personally if i went to a doctor to get the blood tests they would have just told me to eat better after receiving them... i like sureslim because it tells you what to eat, how much to eat and when to eat.

A salad here and there isnt a balanced diet.
zoeh

Postby electrongirl » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:06 pm

I'd like to know what the $1000 gives you?

There is no way that is just for blood tests and a generic diet that any nutritionalist (sp?) could put together?

My mum joined them a few years back and they gave her the same diet as her friend got.

There was a place here before them that was very similar, The Metobolism Clinic (or something) and they got shut down.

I honestly think these companies prey on people and really rip them off.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby zoeh » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:34 pm

I really dont agree...

Sure it is expensive but you get a weekly check up for four months on the quick loss diet. Then you get 4 additional consultations on the lifestyle program which basically allows you to eat a bit more and not as strict etc

I mean how much are naturopaths for about 8 consultations, plus you get one before you go on it to discuss it, then another one to get the diet and go through it and a phone consultation after 3 days of the program. So thats a total of about 11 booked consultations.

You get an eating program on top of that and the blood tests and any other additional tests if you have anything irregular. You get knowledge about food proportions, what to eat, what exactly a balanced diet is, someone to help motivate you the whole time, and i have to say this is my third day on it and i feel fantastic.

But different things work for different people...

lets see how i feel a month into it
zoeh

Postby electrongirl » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:57 am

zoeh wrote:I really dont agree...

Sure it is expensive but you get a weekly check up for four months on the quick loss diet. Then you get 4 additional consultations on the lifestyle program which basically allows you to eat a bit more and not as strict etc

I mean how much are naturopaths for about 8 consultations, plus you get one before you go on it to discuss it, then another one to get the diet and go through it and a phone consultation after 3 days of the program. So thats a total of about 11 booked consultations.

But in all honesty, you shouldn't need 8 consultations with a nutritionalist.

But as you say, different things work for different people. I myself just think its a big waste of money.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Vegetable » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:40 am

I used all of my consultations, at the time the main woman I was seeing was "off the program" because she had been unwell, saying it was too hard to follow when sick..... the other two women I saw were hopeless, completely hopeless, they had no idea and couldnt answer any of my questions, so they just kept telling me to call head office...... you are right, different things work for different people, but I have a HUGE bad taste in my mouth about sureslim.
Vegetable

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk