It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:40 pm

Free Newsletter

Live Chat

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby KimE » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:06 pm

Don't worry Tiffany, nothing can slow this place down. There will still be just as many posts I reckon. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dee » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:07 pm

LOL I popped back on after maybe a day and a half off the forum and was just overwhelmed with posts since my last visit!

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby CrimsonThunder » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:02 pm

tiffanyp wrote:Oh no... dont leave us for msn!!! This forum is like LIVE chat for me!! I cant keep up with what you guys post now!! How on earth am I meant to keep up now if you all go to the msn thingy!
Being completely dumb with computers.. I dont think I can do MSN! I have only just worked out how what LOL stands for!!!!

Tiffany :(

You can use your email you have now (I think...) or you can register for a hotmail one.

Then download Windows Live Messenger. Click on Get It Free.

Install the program by double clicking on the icon, which could be in any folder hopefully on your desktop though.

Then when its installed there is a icon on your desktop, double click on that. Put in your email address and password. Sign in.

Find someones MSN by clicking on the MSN button of the forum. Or PM them to ask them if they have MSN.

Copy their email/MSN address.

Then click on this icon in your MSN window.

Paste their email there. (Hold the ctrl (bottom left) button down and push V. Or right click go to paste)

Click enter and wait for them to accept and Instant Messaging shall happen!

Any more help you need just ask here. :)
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby Ally » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:48 am

Wow Tom, you have a way of explaining things!!! Thanks.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:06 am

Tom seems to be the resident guru about MSN....so Tom how do you search on MSN for someone if you only know their first and/or last name? It doesn't seem to have this function.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby CrimsonThunder » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:55 pm

KimE wrote:Tom seems to be the resident guru about MSN....so Tom how do you search on MSN for someone if you only know their first and/or last name? It doesn't seem to have this function.

It does actually. :) Go to the Windows Live Spaces. Then make a search on the right. :)
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby Simmy » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:56 pm

Hi Tom - any idea of if and how you can add folders to MSN. I want to have all the forum members in a folder? I have to many contacts (many I dont speak to anymore) and its so hard keeeping track of whos who!
Simmy

Postby CrimsonThunder » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:15 pm

Simmy wrote:Hi Tom - any idea of if and how you can add folders to MSN. I want to have all the forum members in a folder? I have to many contacts (many I dont speak to anymore) and its so hard keeeping track of whos who!

Yeah.

Contacts>Sort Contacts By>Groups

Then if you want to add a new group, just go Contacts>Create A Group.

If you want to change the name of the group, right click the group heading and go Rename Group.
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby Simmy » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:13 pm

Thanks Tom. I (or rather my partner) has come up with the solution for live chat!
partner wrote:I have found a free shout box on phpbb.com. It allows you to restrict the access to forum members only and is fully customised to the themes and colours you want. I have loaded it on to my forum if you would like to have a look Here

Anyway just an idea. Its his own webspace - its not hosted by a group where ppl can just browse for chats, so I doubt we'll get much traffic (apart from us). At the moment anyone who goes to the site can chat, however, if you all like it he will change it so you HAVE to be a registered user to view and chat. It may be an idea to still register (takes a sec) so when on you know whos who from here! It is on a forum style webpage (maybe make him happy and post a msg on it!) On the forum homepage click chat.
Simmy

Postby KimE » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:58 am

Thanks Simmy and thanks to your partner I just went there as you know and it looks great. Live chatting was cool and yes I posted a message too!

Well done. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Fairie » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:26 am

Hi Tom,

Thanks from another computer dummy for explaining how to seperate contacts, now I can seperate our personal contacts from our customer contacts. :D :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk