It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:27 am

Free Newsletter

Some Tips For Weightloss!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Some Tips For Weightloss!

Postby CrimsonThunder » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:12 pm

These are tips I got off a friend. :) There's a few random facts or interesting things I threw in there too! Enjoy.

- Eat every 2/3 hours.

- Clean food! No junk food or soft drinks. Occasional is ok though.

- Dont eat white bread, eat wholemeal. Helga's wholemeal is recommended.

- Substitute sugar with honey.

- Eat lots of rice, tuna, meat, no fat physical milk (around 2-3 liters a day, 1 of those liters just before you go to bed, this is so when you wake up, your body is not as sore. The protein slowly releases while you sleep.) That's if you work out, of course.

- If you dont like tuna have some sort of fish, as it has Omega 3 and 6 which helps with weightloss and its good for your heart, brain, eyes and everything else.

- Substitute mustard instead of having tomato sauce.

- Always have a day off of working out to rest.

- Its not always just about working out, nutrition and rest is a huge part of it!

- Have lots of protein and vitamin C after a workout.

- Multi vitamins are good.

- Protein rebuilds muscle cells and vitamin C is for recovery, the immune system, and makes your muscles harder so they wont tear.

- L-Glutamine is a good suppliment if you are serious about working out.

- Have a vitamin C suppliment added to your breakfast.

- Just because someone is skinny doesnt mean they are healthy. They can be skinny and eat KFC every day. They look thin, but their body would be full of cholesterol.

- Dont over do it, if you're tired stop. No Pain No Gain stands true, but dont over work yourself.

Hope this helped some of you guys!
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby Jisgone » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:20 pm

thanks reckless :)
Jisgone

Postby tiffanyp » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:24 pm

Thank you Tom.
It is great to see you are getting passionate about your healthy lifestyle now. That, and your participation within this site will certainly assist you in maintaining the momentum and determination to lose weight sensibly.
Well done young lad!
:wink:

Tiffany :D
tiffanyp

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:26 pm

Sorry,bit off topic!! But while I saw the milk thing up there, Sarah - did you ever think of having a big glass of milk just before bed?!?
zeedeveelgirl

Postby BubblyMac » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:26 pm

Hey Tom :)

Thanks for the tips!! Some of those will come in handy for sure with me. :) :wink:

I like the - Substitute sugar with honey idea. That's great - will have to try it. :D

Do you mean drink 2/3 litres of the non fat physical milk a day/night??? Really?? Does that help? I don't know if I could do that on top of the 2l of water :?

And I am finding that if I eat 8 times a day/ every 2/3 hours, I do find i'm not so snacking or wanting bad food and laying off my love drink-pepsi max- I find I eat well. Maybe 'cause I've associated for so long pepsi max with bad foods. So I allow myself a glass or two at night but only after i've drunk my 2L of water.

Thanks again! :wink: :) :D
Larrissa
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wksPHQO/]
[/url]
BubblyMac

Postby CrimsonThunder » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:28 pm

BubblyMac wrote:Do you mean drink 2/3 litres of the non fat physical milk a day/night??? Really?? Does that help? I don't know if I could do that on top of the 2l of water :?

Yep! The milk helps you recover and of course it makes your bones stronger. :P You probably wouldnt need that much milk, my friend is a huge guy (muscley not fat)

BubblyMac wrote:And I am finding that if I eat 8 times a day/ every 2/3 hours, I do find i'm not so snacking or wanting bad food and laying off my love drink-pepsi max- I find I eat well. Maybe 'cause I've associated for so long pepsi max with bad foods. So I allow myself a glass or two at night but only after i've drunk my 2L of water.

I like pepsi max! Its ok because theres no sugar in it, but I drink it rarely. And yeah thats good, no snacking is great. :D
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby emztres » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:37 pm

Thanks for the heads up Tom! I didn't know that one about the vitamin C! =)

- Emz
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8j2rYt/]
[/url]
emztres

Postby SarahC » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:29 am

zeedeveelgirl wrote:Sorry,bit off topic!! But while I saw the milk thing up there, Sarah - did you ever think of having a big glass of milk just before bed?!?

Hi Em... sorry just noticed your post now :oops: I don't actually drink milk at all. I am vegetarian, but try to steer clear of animal products as much as possible. But upon saying that I do occasionally eat tuna/fish for the omega 3s or 6s (still find it a bit scary), and I've recently the last few weeks been buying diet yoghurts as I'm worrying about calcium. And of course there's animal products just hidden away in all sorts of other things (protein bars and drinks are a good example) so it's really hard to avoid. So I'm slowly relaxing my rigidness lol... it may be a while before I can come at drinking plain milk. It's a good idea though :D
SarahC

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:51 am

Just be careful with the honey - it's quite high in kilojoules.

Sarah - ahhhh okay I thought I remembered reading somewhere that you were almost vegan!! You don't drink soy milk? Maybe have your diet yoghurt before bed? I don't know :( I'm wracking my brains cos I want to help you! Tell me to bugger off if I'm getting annoying :twisted: :P :P
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby SarahC » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:28 am

That's okay Em :D Actually the diet yoghurts are very filling, I think cos my poor tummy isn't used to it. So if I can restrain myself from eating it straight after dinner I could wait until nearly bedtime...
SarahC

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:58 am

Yeah I find diet yoghurts very filling too, they're yummy :D Yeah if you could save the yoghurt til before bed it might just work! Good luck :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:45 pm

Also the milk whilst non fat can get the calories up for those who are watching that.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby wantanewme » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:38 am

Thanks for the tips. I don't understand Clean food. What does that mean?
wantanewme

Postby Lolly » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:45 am

I think Tom meant unprocessed sort of food there - and stick to healthy stuff - not takeaways :D It has something to do with when processing foods, stuff gets added, fibre disappears, nutrients disappear and the benefits aren't nearly as good

I try and steer clear of overprocessed food and I feel sooo much better for it.
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby wantanewme » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:12 pm

:) Ok thanks for that. I was just confuse. Hey it doesn't take me long to be confused these days.
wantanewme

Return to Weight loss Talk