It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:13 am

Free Newsletter

Your Rewards

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Your Rewards

Postby BubblyMac » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:45 am

Hello,

I was just thinking, I know I have my wedding dress, wedding and honeymoon and then having kids later this year as a goal to losing weight, but every 10 kilos, would like a little reward for all my hard work that i've done, to keep me going.

At my first 10 kilos, i've requsted the first season of a tv show on dvd's, a show i've been watching for the past 11 years and absolutley love but no longer is on tv anymore. So i've asked for those as little rewards.

But I was curious to find out what other people's incentives or rewards are, as I know everyone is different?? And we don't want anymore 'food' rewards.

Or if anyone had some other ideas for rewards and if you get them at each 5 or 10 kilos you lose??

Plus, I might take on some of the ideas myself... :)

Love to hear from you all.

Cya
Larrissa :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wksPHQO/]
[/url]
BubblyMac

Postby tiffanyp » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:57 am

You know, I havent actually thought about giving myself rewards!
I just know that I want to fit in to my wardrobe of clothing that no longer fits, and before summer ends would be great!

Hmm, I will be interested to see what other people say too, as I think I need some ideas in this area as well.

Tiffany :D
tiffanyp

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:01 am

Hi larrissa

i remember a post being about this topic earlier on but its good to start afresh considering how many new members there are. however if you want any ideas im sure if you dig around you can find the original thread on it.

i brought scales, a hair cut, and some clothes and the video hits dvd as my rewards so far. its nice to ahev that incentive and each person likes different things. however the girls on here know that every so often i like to treat myself with a small bag (50cents) of allens pineapple lollies from the corner shop. but i will only have them if i have been doing well. i dont reward myself with food other than that.

there are many things i would love as rewards- trips to the movies, handbags, shoes, clothes, dvds, and frangipani stuff.

my brother also brought me the double disc edition of the disneys little mermaid as a reward for reaching 20kg lost. he was just so proud of me and he knew that i have watched that movie so often since it first came out when i was 6 years old! (i have the original video of it). my mum also brought me a top as a reward too. its nice to have OTHER people recognise your achievements too.

let us know how you go with what you end up getting :)
kate_turner2000

Postby emztres » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:23 am

I'd probably like to get the usual 'girly' stuff done... Except clothes, going on a good shopping spree for clothes would have to be last hehe i probably wouldnt feel comfortable doing it to early in weight loss journey unless i have to.

Not in any specific order:

I'd get my eyelash extensions done again. Sounds kind of tacky but there's this great place in bankstown called Absolute Beauty who do eyelashes like they really were your own in the first place! Has anybody been there ? I'm asian mind you so my eyelashes are very short.

One thing i'd also like is to do is go horseback riding when i reach a certain weight. These days i feel uncomfortable riding .. lol just looking at pictures from the last time i went riding i looked like i was going to break the horses back *eek*.. So i've let myself miss riding for a while.

Probably get a short funky haircut that i've wanted for a long time too!

- Emz
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8j2rYt/]
[/url]
emztres

Postby SarahC » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:24 am

I've nearly finished all my rewards. I have had a facial/massage, had a couple of nights out, booked a holiday and I'm about to start radio frequency treatments on my left-over fatty bits (the permanent fat deposits that won't respond to diet and excercise :( ).

Here's the other thread, for added inspiration :wink:
http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2087
SarahC

Postby BubblyMac » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:41 am

Hey Thanks Sarah :)

I was wondering where these where.

Ooah, a facial/massage sound great. I'll have to tell my partner about that one, so he can get me a voucher. :)

Thanks
Larrissa :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wksPHQO/]
[/url]
BubblyMac

Postby chunky monkey » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:59 pm

When I lose 5kg, I'm getting a pedicure. And, I told Mr Chunky Monkey he is paying for it!!

Seriously though, I have decided every 5kg I am giving myself a non edible treat.

Michelle
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbij8Bk/]
[/url]
chunky monkey

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:38 am

I am going to pay for someone else to do my ironing when I reach my ultimate goal. I hate damned ironing so much that I figured it would be a great motivator for me :lol:

Along the way the rewards have to be creative...not food obviously and I need them to be reasonably inexpensive...so I've got things like CDs, books, DVDs on my list plus also things like 'a whole afternoon uninterrupted watching DVDs'

I do think it's important to have rewards for milestones reached. Especially if you've a long way to go to reach your goal weight you need to have something to focus on that's more immediate otherwise you lose sight of the big picture. PLUS you're doing a damned good job and should be kind to yourself.
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Postby Ally » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:46 am

I am taking it easy with the rewards until I reach my goal (with 4 kids there is never a lot of spare money!)...I bought a couple of "me" things when I reached 10kgs (a really nice face scrub and a vanilla and soy body wash) and I was going to do it every 5 kgs, but have decided on every 10...my next goal is 5kg away (when I hit 20kg) and I am looking at buying some resistance bands. I thought about writing a list, but then I figured it would be nice to wait and see what I need at the time!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Lolly » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:22 am

I decided to do rewards at 80kg, 70kg, 65kg, 60kg, 55kg and the final one at 50kg :D

My first one should not be that far away - I am going to get my hair cut and coloured. It has been sooooo long since I had it done professionally due to time constraints and no money that I am looking forward to it. I will not make the appointment until I know I am at 80kg :D
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:47 am

hey mary i would love an afternoon of non interupted dvd viewing!
kate_turner2000

Postby Lolly » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:49 am

I might put that down as one of my rewards too - the kids will have to participate by staying away lol
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby i.will.get.there. » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:17 pm

such good ideas! personally i think i might get my hair done. i never ever go to the hairdressers... and i like the idea of an uninterrupted afternoon!!!

to be honest, i find it quite difficult to think of non-edible treats... :?
i.will.get.there.

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:04 pm

Hrmmm I've never really given myself rewards before... When I was doing Weight Watchers I got a bookmark for when I lost my first 5kg, and 10% of my starting weight (8.5kg). But as far as rewards go for myself....
I think my next reward will be at 65kg and then at 60kg - my goal weight.

Any ideas!?! I really have no idea apart from a hair cut/colour for when I'm at my goal weight.. Not too sure about the 65kg one.
zeedeveelgirl

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:06 pm

Whoops, I got a little gold star keychain charm for my 10% body weight loss! The book mark was for the 5kg... Where's the edit button gone?!?!
zeedeveelgirl

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk