It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:55 am

Free Newsletter

Emotional Moody Monster

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Emotional Moody Monster

Postby Lols » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:56 pm

Hi All,

:(
Well been dieting for 3 weeks and the past 2 I've been on a total emotional rollercoaster. First week i thought it was just because TTOTM so thought next week id be fine. But this week is no better if anything its worse and its taking its toll on me, my relationship and my job.

One moment im as happy as larry and the next moment im almost in tears over absolutely nothing. I dont understand it which fustrates me and then makes it worse.

I have had a problem with depression in the past - have been on anti depressants which i really think played a part in my weight gain so im off them while im losing weight because i dont want to be on them for the rest of my life and i dont want them inhibtiing my weight loss. Thought losing weight would also equal happier me which would equal no need for medication. But i can't live like this Jekkyll n Hyde type personality either because life is just going to get worse if i do.

So yeah i dont know what to do or how to fix it - I dont expect anyone else to either - i just needed to vent at people that i know would be supportive because if i vent at my other half i know what he's going to say ..... go back on your medication. :roll:

Hugs
Lols.
Lols

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:14 pm

thats really sad that you are feeling that way lols. you are on tf arent you? i have heard a few people on it have had those type of side effects. maybe look into that first before you think back to how depressed you were in the old days ??
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:22 pm

lols I was a bit that way when i first started too. When I thought about it, I came up with the fact that as I was no longer eating to bury those unwanted negative feelings they all came to the surface when ever they felt like it and I had to deal with them differently,as before I would eat to swallow them down.

this may not be the case for you ,but it kinda helped me understand why I was feeling so great one minute and teary the next.
Now when I get that way I try to stop and just sit with myself for a little while and think about what might be upsetting me and try and deal with it, rather than going to the fridge..

anyway like I said everyones different but that was my answer, its hard, but part of the journey to feeling happy on the inside and it then reflecting, on the outside for me,by my weight loss. i'm always a work in progress though.
hope I havent rambled on to much :)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Lols » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:49 pm

Kate: yes im on TF although im not being to strict with it. Normally i'll have my shake in the morning. mid morning piece of fruit. Lunch it would be a shake or a subway turkey and salad wrap. Afternoon: piece of fruit. Pre dinner snack of chilli & garlic olives or a couple pieces of ricotta. Dinner: Meat and salad. I only have the jelly very occasionally.
Yesterday I think i didnt eat enough though - i had to completely skip lunch because i was too busy at work and dinner work ordered in curry which isnt a favourite of mine so i only probably had half a bowl full with no rice. I think i skipped lunch earlier this week too which isnt good and probably not helping but sometimes i just dont have time for it whether i like it or not.

Slimmindown: Yup when i was down it was a diet of chocolate and champagne. I gave into a couple of glasses of red the other night - only two when i used to be able to go thru the whole bottle in a night - but those two made me feel so ill and yuk after being so good that i think its really cured me against doing that again. Also caved into a chocolate bar today - i felt worse after it (guilty and awful) and didnt do to much good for my stomach either. So although it was bad caving in - i learnt from it. So i've just got to find that other outlet!

OMG i've written a flippin essay ..... sorry.
Lols

Postby slimmindown » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:13 pm

dont be sorry lols, figuring out our triggers to eat are part of the process that will stop you from sliding back into bad habits. loosing weight is certainly not just about cutting back on food and exercise thats for sure, you'll get there and we are here for you along the way :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby tiffanyp » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:57 pm

Hey Lols,
Just a question... did you go cold turkey with your anti-depressant medication?
I am on medication for depression too, although mine started as Post Natal Depression, which then lead to acceptance that I suffer from Excessive Compulsive Disorder, and because of my unrealistic expectations of myself the Doctor told me to stay on the Anti-Depressants until Joseph was much older...

Anyway, I went off them cold turkey once and went absolutely cookoo!! :? :shock: :lol: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :idea:
When I went to my Doctor he told me off for going Cold Turkey and said that if I ever felt like going off them I had to do it gradually...

Maybe if you went off them without doing it supervised by your Doctor, you may need to go back see them and let them know of your feelings etc.
Most anti-depressant drugs now-a-days are not addictive...

Hope you find a solution for your moodiness. It feels awful when you have no control over yourself emotionally.

Hey, read my threads, I had a mini-break down and went quite psycho last Sunday!!! Had no control over it at all, and all it was for me was that damn PMT!

Cheers
Tiffany :)
tiffanyp

Return to Weight loss Talk