It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:20 pm

Free Newsletter

Hurt

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby slimmindown » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:58 pm

Anita 10 kg is a great achievement, I agree with the others maybe he is a little threatened of the change you are making. But you know it is all for the good of your relationship, as you get more energy and feel more positive it will reflect in the time you do spend with hubby.
so well done form me on the weight loss its a fantastic loss, and hubby will catch up soon hopefully, sometimes men take a little longer to get it :lol: :lol:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby garn » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:06 pm

hey slimmin...just noticed you were past the halfway mark there...excellent work...whooo hoooo

Mini Goal 100
garn

Postby slimmindown » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:31 pm

thanks garn, it is such a great feeling. When I think back on the huge number I had to loose at the start and now to be over half way is fantastic .
thankyou for noticing :oops:
slimmindown

Postby Jisgone » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:39 pm

how long has it taken you slimming?
Jisgone

Postby slimmindown » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:47 pm

since May, jewles , I had a slow patch in the middle where i had a back injury and was layed up for 6 weeks, but stuck to my eating plan during it and managed to shed a few kilo over the 6 weeks. Couldnt step up the exercise though until early nov really so have been hitting it hard because it feels so great to be able to now 8)
slimmindown

Postby KimE » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:00 pm

Stay strong Anita and try to talk it through with him. Hubby may well be feeling threatened and if so best to lay it out and deal with it. About 4 months maybe more before I started my weightloss I suggested to my hubby that I would go on lite n easy. Now this is a very supportive man and he flipped, he was saying I can do what I like but I won't stick to it, things like that. I couldn't believe it. Turns out he felt I was blaming him for my weight gain as he was the one doing all the cooking. We had to work through this issue before I felt I could tackle it.

Chin up and hope it all sorts itself out.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:02 am

hehehehehehehe Aquagirl!!! Do you feel better after that vent?? I hope so!!

Good job on the exercise Anita!! And well done for hitting that 10kg mark!! :D

Kim...you always give excellent and well heeded advice!! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Groovychic » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:34 am

Anita, you have done a great job of losing 10kgs. You deserve a big hug and pat on the back mate!

Unfortunately, as this thread has shown, men and women are very very different. Women find certain things more important than what men would rate it in importance. Dont know if that made sense but on a scale of 1 to 10, women might rate losing weight at a 9 and men rate it at a 5. So they aren't terribly interested in talking about. And speaking of talking, I once heard or read somewhere that women speak, on average, a hell of a lot more words than men in a day. So that sort of explains why they arent that willing to talk about such things as how our weight loss is going. They have got to the end of the day and used up most of their words for the day and only want to say what they think is high on their scale of importance, such as "cook my dinner"......hahaha. Frank always says that (as a joke) when I am on the phone to one of my friends. One friend thinks he is serious and such a ba$tard. Its a joke but she just doesn't get it!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby chunky monkey » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:58 am

Congrats on not turning to the fridge. That probably would have been my first reaction. Sometimes men just don't get it, do they? I listen to Mr Chunky Monkey banging on about work and his times ( he runs) and always encourage. Last week I lost 1.5 and his reaction was somewhat subdued, until I explained ( not very patiently I admit) that encouragement costs nothing to him but means a heck of a lot to me.

Anyhoo, your doing great!!

Michelle
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbij8Bk/]
[/url]
chunky monkey

Postby wantanewme » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:03 am

Congrates on your first 10kg weightloss. I'm sorry to hear about your husband isn't giving you any encouragement. I give you some instead. Like everyone said men and women are total different.
wantanewme

Postby Ally » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:20 pm

I hear you loud and clear Rochelle!!! I know what you are saying there!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Flame » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:12 pm

LOL my other half is turning into a weight / food nazi.

"How much do you weigh today?"
*dirty look when i eat something*
"have you gone for your walk today?"

Funny thing is he's NEVER critised me for my weight increase :-/
(unlike my scrawny mother grrrrr)
Now i have the whole "I dont want to let him down' thing going on *sigh*
Though I suppose i should be grateful to have another motivating factor :?
101 here i come!!!!Image
Flame

Postby CrimsonThunder » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:02 am

Isn't it his responsibility to make sure your feeling well and going good?

And congrats on your weight loss thus far. ;)
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:59 am

hmm maybe these hubbies like their wives big? i know my partner had all big ex girlfriends before i came along and i was about 80kg when i met him...
kate_turner2000

Postby tree » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:30 am

After I separated from my first husband, it took me a little while to work out why he would sabotage all my weight loss efforts.

It wasnt that he wanted me big, but while I was overweight, depressed and miserable, I needed him.

Whenever I lost a bit of weight and my confidence went up I would get bubbly and outgoing. That's what he liked about me when we met but he didnt like me being outgoing to other people. He wanted me to be reliant on him.

It is worth having the conversation with your hubby about it but timing is everything.

Perhaps one day you could mention to him that you where hurt that he couldnt offer any encouragement, and then on a separate occassion take the time to talk about why you are making changes in your life, and be really clear with him about what will change (diet/lifestyle) and what wont change (your love and committment to him).
T.

starting weight 91.2kg
current weight 85.2 kg
tree

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk