It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:00 pm

Free Newsletter

Radio Frequency Treatment - Sarah please explain.

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Radio Frequency Treatment - Sarah please explain.

Postby KimE » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:04 am

This is a discussion I want to continue from another thread...thought I would make it have it's own thread.

Sarah I too have left over fatty bits that won't respond to exercise or diet. Actually I just figured I wasn't doing enough exercise but have no intention of increasing it as I already do enough. Could possibly lose a bit more fat through diet but then I start to look gaunt. They way I eat is slowly changing my body composition to less body fat (according to my tanita scales), possibly due to the way I watch my fat intake, however any other treatments that can help I'm all ears. I don't think I'm bad enough to warrant surgery and I don't have the funds anyway so what is this radio frequency treatment? Spill the beans, please. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:32 pm

Arrgh had my first treatment today! I have black texta on my legs and I can't be bothered having a shower to scrub it off :cry: (ok whinge over lol)

I had some info posted in here...
http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3514

Basically they just zap your fatty bits with RF radiation, which kinda kills off the fat cells. It is pretty hot, well actually very hot at times (like when you are cooking and touch the hot saucepan, your had gets out of there pretty quick! Like that every so often :shock: ). Apparently it takes around 6 half-hour sessions to see the results... although some of their published before and after pics were taken after only three :?

I went to the Medical Aesthetic and Laser Clinic, on Kingsway in Melb. They charge $550 a month, for one session a week. The min commitment is 3 months. I'm sure that must be cheaper than surgery, but you have the extra hassle of driving in there every week :(

You can book in there for a free consultation and they explain it all, and give you a demo :wink:

I've had my fatty bits ever since I can remember. When I was like 8 years old my swimming teacher pointed out my belly to me, and kept telling me to hold it in!! I have never had a time when my thighs didn't rub together either. I used to get rashes as a child when down at the beach, from the salt and sand. Whenever I wear out a pair of pants, you can guess the first place that goes... the crutch :oops: Time to go... fat!
SarahC

Postby KimE » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:23 am

Thanks for that info Sarah and yes I think it is cheaper than surgery. Let us know how it goes, or if you feel uncomfortable in an open forum then PM me as I am interested to hear about it. I put this as a single thread as I thought others might like to know too.

Isn't it amazing how little fat deposits just stay in some places and not others. I keep reminding myself that my tummy is the result of 20yrs of neglect so I may have to live with it. Underneath the fat I can feel my stomach muscles, you just can't see them the way I would like. Oh well, can't complain much when I have people calling me skinny Kimmy so I must look alright to others. Then I blow it by telling them about my fat tummy...lol what a mental I am.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:12 am

LOL. People look at me cross eyed when I try and tell them about my tummy. The don't believe me! It is because I always wear pants that hold it in, nice and firm over the belly and never wear zips or buttons at the front (except for jeans... if anyone can find a pair of jeans that zips up at the back I'll be their friend forever :lol: )

Anyway off for the second round tomorrow night, what fun! After one session, I can't see any changes, but I can say that the skin does feel a little smoother and firmer. And my tape measure recorded a 0.5cm loss from the top of my thigh this morning... but I have been holding a lot of fluid which I think left me yesterday, so that could also explain it :roll:

They took photos on the day, plus I took a couple of my own. If I can edit them so you can't see my horrible underwear (probably not appropriate for this site :oops: ), I might post them, maybe...
SarahC

Postby KimE » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:16 pm

Best of luck with everything Sarah I must say I am fascinated.

LOL about the tummy, know what you mean about the jeans holding it in. One of my favourite sayings is clothes hide a multitude of sins. :D Hubby likes what he sees though. :wink:
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:40 pm

haha kim! mick likes what he sees too! hahaha
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:12 pm

It's great hey! Must admit it makes me feel great and sexy, although he has always found me sexy no matter what. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:22 pm

yeha mick is the same- always found me sexy but i think you feel more sexier and believe what they feel more when you feel it in yourself and can see it :)
kate_turner2000

Return to Weight loss Talk