It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:26 am

Free Newsletter

Willpower

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Willpower

Postby millie » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:51 am

In SA we just had a long weekend I am not sure if it is everywhere but I am so proud of myself I just wanted to tell you all.

We went away with the outlaws (you know who I mean) at their shack on the river murray as we do most long weekends and it is all food and drink all weekend usually.

I did not eat one bad thing all weekend, No Chips, No Cake, No Bickies, No Soft Drinks, No Cheese, No Pate, no Smoked Fish or anything. They were right there in front of me all weekend and I did not take one mouthfull. Not even a nibble.

On the other hand I did have two bottles of Chardonnay over the three days!!!! I would usually have a lot more than this amount of Chardonnay while I am there. My excuse is to numb out the outlaws so to speak.

So I win some and lose some in the war of the willpower, but I am still very happy with myself.
millie

Postby Dolly » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:26 am

Millie, what a great inspiration you are to us all!
In Perth we had our long weekend the week before Adelaide's and I failed it miserably.
It gives me renewed strength to hear that you can succeed the weekends let alone a long weekend.
If you can do it, then I will try harder to survive the weekends too, thanks so much for both inspiring and sharing with us Image
Dolly
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:47 am

Well done Millie you have great will power, don't worry about the wine I would have had some too. :D

Watch out when I hit my 20kg loss I will be celebrating. :wink:
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Maraver » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:52 pm

Fairie wrote:Well done Millie you have great will power, don't worry about the wine I would have had some too. :D

Watch out when I hit my 20kg loss I will be celebrating. :wink:

I will helping you don't worry
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Re: Willpower

Postby Maraver » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:54 pm

millie wrote:In SA we just had a long weekend I am not sure if it is everywhere but I am so proud of myself I just wanted to tell you all.

We went away with the outlaws (you know who I mean) at their shack on the river murray as we do most long weekends and it is all food and drink all weekend usually.

I did not eat one bad thing all weekend, No Chips, No Cake, No Bickies, No Soft Drinks, No Cheese, No Pate, no Smoked Fish or anything. They were right there in front of me all weekend and I did not take one mouthfull. Not even a nibble.

On the other hand I did have two bottles of Chardonnay over the three days!!!! I would usually have a lot more than this amount of Chardonnay while I am there. My excuse is to numb out the outlaws so to speak.

So I win some and lose some in the war of the willpower, but I am still very happy with myself.

Well done Millie its swings and roundabouts
I would rather have the wine than all the fatty stuff
Pam
[/url]
Maraver

Re: Willpower

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:55 pm

millie wrote:In SA we just had a long weekend I am not sure if it is everywhere but I am so proud of myself I just wanted to tell you all.

So you Substitue food with alchohol? My advice to you is to deal with the problem. Do not compensate. 2 bottles of chardonay is a tad to excessive.

You are capable. But not yet wise.

Postby Serena » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:21 pm

2 bottles over 3 days is fine. It's really only 3 glasses a day and it's only for the long weekend. Dieting shouldn't be about depriving yourself. She did well to avoid the bad foods and she shouldn't feel guilty for allowing herself a little indulgence.
Serena

Postby millie » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:27 pm

Dear Guest

FYI two 750ml bottles of wine over three days adds up to just 500ml of wine per day. That is just two 250ml glasses of wine per day. Not much really when you break it down. In fact we are often told it is good for our health to consume these small amounts of wine in our diet these days.

If you are suggesting that I have a drinking problem at this rate of alcohol, and that I have a further problem of substituting food for alcohol maybe you are not yet the wise one my friend.

I feel that your comments are a little harsh and I do not have to defend myself to anyone who cant even log on to show who they are when they want to make a nasty post.

I hope I do not offend any of my fellow weight losers out there by this little post that I am writing however my blood has boiled at reading the comments by """GUEST""" and my comments are directed at him/her for what he/she has said.

This is a supportive forum and I feel that the post that "GUEST" has written is quite offensive. I feel that your post was out of place and that you really should appologise for what you have said.

Thank you for listening
millie

thank you serena

Postby millie » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:29 pm

thank you serena.

You must have been writing this while I was writing my little piece. I am glad that others agree with me.
millie

Postby Serena » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:30 pm

Right on, Millie! You go girlfriend!
Serena

Re: Guest

Postby Maraver » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:16 am

millie wrote:Dear Guest

FYI two 750ml bottles of wine over three days adds up to just 500ml of wine per day. That is just two 250ml glasses of wine per day. Not much really when you break it down. In fact we are often told it is good for our health to consume these small amounts of wine in our diet these days.

If you are suggesting that I have a drinking problem at this rate of alcohol, and that I have a further problem of substituting food for alcohol maybe you are not yet the wise one my friend.

I feel that your comments are a little harsh and I do not have to defend myself to anyone who cant even log on to show who they are when they want to make a nasty post.

I hope I do not offend any of my fellow weight losers out there by this little post that I am writing however my blood has boiled at reading the comments by """GUEST""" and my comments are directed at him/her for what he/she has said.

This is a supportive forum and I feel that the post that "GUEST" has written is quite offensive. I feel that your post was out of place and that you really should appologise for what you have said.

Thank you for listening

You have my full support here Millie
Pam
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Fairie » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:18 am

Hi Millie,

We are here for you. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]