It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:23 pm

Free Newsletter

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kidz05 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:53 pm

i just realized i should be posting on this forum and not the introduction. well i have not found a job yet, but im still trying. our lifestyle change has been going great. for those of you who dont know my story here it is in a nutshell. we are a family of 7 (6 still at home) and all of us have weight issues. it seems that my years of takeout has taken its toll on my children and i feel so guilty for that. well on news day we all got together and decided that we have had enough of it. my children range are 23, 16, 14. 11, and me and hubby 44 and have all tried fad diets. so this time i told them we are not going on any diet we are going to change our eating lifestyle. i told them that fast food is not out of the question and that they could have it every once in a while and even then they need to make good choices. well can you believe that they havent asked to go out to eat! i am so proud of my kids, and although we have not dropped dramatic weight we have all noticed our clothes fitting so much better. we are eating tons of fruits and veggies and watching portion control. no more sodas in this house only on weekends and then its diet, we drink water and make homemade lemonade with splenda. our breads have changed from white to whole wheat, our pasta is now whole wheat (and the kids dont even realize it....ha ha)

please pray for to me find a job i really need and want to work. thank you all.

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:33 am

Good on you for making a real go of the weight loss rachel and I wish you the very best of luck on the job front *crosses fingers and toes*
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)

Postby lollilova » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:19 am

Hi Rachel,

You are on the right track, Congratulations!

Good luck on finding a job, the right one will be just around the corner. Keep your chin up, you will get there! :)

Bianca x

Postby Lolly » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:44 am

Rachel you are making great progress - getting the whole family involved is often the key to success :D

My kids are eating healthier now as well and I am noticing differences in them (don't tell them that though :? )

Last night they had KFC for dinner (takeaway is their Thursday treat) and they were noticeably grumpier, sluggish and generally disagreable - next week they are eating Subway with me and I will see if that makes a difference.
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:17 am

It sounds like you're going through a tough time, Rachel! Good on you for getting your whole family into it - it makes it so much easier on everyone if you have everyone supporting eachother.
You've made some excellent changes already, eg changing your pasta to wholegrain! Wholegrain has much more fibre, and it is so much more filling and just tastes better!

Good luck with your family's weight loss, keep us posted on how it is going :) :)

Postby KimE » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:52 pm

You're doing great Rachel and it is excellent that you have the whole family on board. Setting up good habits for your children is important. I love wholewheat pasta and bread it has sooo much more taste to it.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby SarahC » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:26 pm

Well done on your lifestyle changes Rachel, sounds like you are doing all the right things, for yourself and your family :D Best wishes for you job search, I'm sure something will come up real soon!!

Return to Weight loss Talk