It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:23 am

Free Newsletter

TTOM BLUES!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

TTOM BLUES!!!

Postby Pepper » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:21 pm

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to vent.....you see it's that dreaded TTOM again, and although I should be relieved that my weight gain has only been 500g (half a kilo) when normally I can gain anywhere up to 2-3kg without even trying, I can't help but feel down about it. :cry:
ImageI know I should be happy that it's from any bad eating etc, but still......Image

It is so frustrating Image standing on the scales to see an upward climb!!!
[center] Image[/center]
Strong people don't walk away from the truth, only the excuses others try to sell them.
Pepper

Re: TTOM BLUES!!!

Postby Pepper » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:25 pm

Pepper wrote:I know I should be happy that it's from any bad eating etc,
Oops, that should have read "NOT" from any bad eating etc....

See?? I'm so depressed, I can't even bring myself to complete a proper sentence!! :oops:
Strong people don't walk away from the truth, only the excuses others try to sell them.
Pepper

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:54 pm

:lol: Pepper you've summed up the awfulness of TTOTM very well with your smileys and the whole post in general

I could say not to worry

or I could say that this time next week your weight will be back on the downward journey

or I could say really you shouldn't weigh in during TTOTM 'cos you know it's gonna make you feel like crap and it's not really an accurate figure anyway

or I could say that you've obviously done really well because you gained only 1/6 of what you used to do in your pre-weight loss days

But you know all these things right? you just gotta scream (even if only virtual screaming) 'cos it's TTOTM so I'm gonna let you scream and I'm not gonna say all that stuff :lol:
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Postby Simmy » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:29 pm

Hi Pepper. I know exactly how you're feeling. I can really sympathise with you atm. For the same reason as you being angry with your weigt gain is why I have decided to give myself a no weigh in pass this week. Maybe next time you should do the same thing. That way you don't risk becoming de-motivated. Last time I went shopping I got the Jarrah extreme choc (people mention it on here regularly) and it is GREAT for TTOM as a lil 'pick me up'.
Simmy

Postby Ally » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:25 am

Scream away Pepper!!! I know all too well on the frustrations of fluid!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby yummymummy » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:28 am

Oh you poor love I have read somewhere that vitB6 is good for fluid retention
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Ally » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:30 am

Do you know in what way it is good Jody?? Does it help with the fluid retention itself or just help you not feel so ikky??? I would do anything for mine at the moment.
[/url]
Ally

Postby Pepper » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:01 pm

Hey everyone,

Thank you all so much for your words of encouragement. I know it will work out okay, and that come next WID I should shed the 500g (plus a tad more if I'm lucky) but for now, I'll just have to contend with walking around feeling like I'm carrying all my weight plus someone elses!!! :oops:

No matter what though, I guess as long as we all remember, when it comes to that time of the month......

[center]Image
Don't be disheartened, it's only T-E-M-P-O-R-A-R-Y :wink:[/center]
Pepper

Postby yummymummy » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:24 pm

Ally I read that it was good reducing the actual fluid retention (but I cant remember where-sorry!)and it is an ingredient in a PMS support tablet that I take that seems to stop me feeling so bloated and heavy
:)
Jody

[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Ally » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:25 pm

Thanks Jody.....I will check it out...That is why I wanted to know if it actually helped reduce the fluid, so I will certainly be looking into it. Thanks again for the info :D
[/url]
Ally

Postby yummymummy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:40 am

No worries Ally I hope it works for you if you give it a go, another thing that works for fluid retention is eating loads of celery or drinking celery juice, I used that when I was pregnant and it works a treat but the juice tastes yuck!!
Jody
Jody

[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Pepper » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:00 pm

yummymummy wrote: another thing that works for fluid retention is eating loads of celery or drinking celery juice, I used that when I was pregnant and it works a treat but the juice tastes yuck!!
Jody
[center] Thanks for the tip Jody, I'll bear that in mind for next month!!! :wink:
ImageImageImage
I hope these are celery, personally I reckon it could be broccoli???

What's that??? You couldn't read the small writing???

Hmmmm......maybe you need more of these guys!!! :wink:
ImageImageImage
[/center]
Pepper

Postby KimE » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:05 pm

Hehe I thought it was brocolli too!

Oh and I am so with you Pepper, I have the same visitor at the moment. I may end in the cranky corner.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Flame » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:22 pm

Will someone please remove my uterus? THE DAMN THING MADE ME PUT ON NEARLY A KILO!and i wanted to get under 100kg so bad before the end of january:-(
damn curse :evil:
101 here i come!!!!Image
Flame

Postby Ally » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:09 am

Oh Flame *hugs* to you mate! I know exactly how you feel!!Even though you know it is just fluid, it still makes you feel crappy to see those numbers go up!
[/url]
Ally

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk