It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:52 am

Free Newsletter

TTOM BLUES!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Ally » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:10 am

Ahhh the best thing about TOM cramps/pain/irritability/crankiness!!....it only lasts 7 days!! Yippee I feel like a million dollars this morning!! I have a clear head and I feel like dancing!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Fairie » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:16 am

Look out Ally's back to her old ways again, dancing for a million dollars. :wink: :P :lol:
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Ally » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:17 am

:lol: Thanks Fay!! 8)
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:04 am

bet you are smiling like this ally....

kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:09 am

uh huh!!! yep sure am Kate!!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby Pepper » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:56 am

Ally wrote: I have a clear head and I feel like dancing!!!

[center] Image

:wink: Will the real ALLY please take a bow!!! :wink: [/center]
Strong people don't walk away from the truth, only the excuses others try to sell them.
Pepper

Postby Iwillbefit » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:38 pm

I'm starting to get cravings and very limited self control - I keep tasting my food and have a little bite here and there. Is this normal for this time of the month. My lack of self control is really bad. I've just cracked under 90kg and am really upset about this :cry:
I cracked the 90kg mark for the first time in two years, I'm happy!!
Iwillbefit

Postby Ally » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:47 pm

yes it is normal...a lot of women get hungrier at TTOTM. apparently our metabolism is quicker or something (SarahC I think has posted a topic about this) The best advice I can give you is to try and not nibble or sample foods....stick to only eating what is on your plate...add some extra veges throughout the day (some celery and carrots sticks with some salsa is a great snack) have some crackers on hand for a snack too and try not to let yourself get too hungry so as to avoid a binge. If you must have chocolate, have a chocolate drink to avoid unneccessary calories. (i have aktavite which is great!, a lot of ladies on here have the jarrah 97% fat free sachets.) Either one is great for a choccie fix!! Hope this helps somewhat! :wink:
[/url]
Ally

Postby Iwillbefit » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:36 pm

I know it probably sounds stupid but usually I just don't get cravings, I'd get the other stuff of pms like short tempered, mood swings etc...so having to deal with cravings is new (and unfair lol). I'll try to take up the suggestions esp for the chocolate. Thanks Ally 8)
Iwillbefit

Postby Justjudy » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:31 pm

At least you only get one or the other. I turn into some sort of dragon :shock: AND I get as hungry as one. My kids just about leave home once a month :lol:

Judy :D [/b]
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Shelli » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:59 pm

I have a feeling I am going to be in the same boat here. :cry:

I've done so well to lose 7kg in two weeks, but it's weigh in thursday and although I've been really good, I still feel bloated. If I gain this week I will CRY! Maybe I will just wait until next week to post in the weekly loss section. :roll:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/ww4C8GD/]
[/url]
Shelli

Postby Iwillbefit » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:07 am

Yeah I'm not looking forward to weighing myself this week either to be honest, or even taking my measurements. I feel so bloated. Yuck.
Iwillbefit

Postby macasgirl4eva » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:53 pm

Well girls I've just hit TTOM again too :( The good news is that naprogesic is the best damn drug on god's green earth so I am sitting here quite comfortably for the moment, when a couple of hours ago... well let's just not go there :evil:

I find diet wise it's the week leading up to TTOM that is a major struggle, I am ravenously hungry to the point of ridiculousness, I start to criticize my exercise and my weight loss (when I'm usually on track), I crave white/processed carbs and chocolate (which I can happily avoid for the other three weeks! :roll: ) And I know all this is happening yet I am powerless to stop it *LoL*

The only way I can really manage is give in to the temptations in the smallest/healthiest way possible. Because if I try to eat something else instead it's a waste of time, the cravings are still there!

Anyhoo, just thought I'd vent :D Feeling much better already. Hopefully next month I won't have to worry about my period.... I might be pregnant :) Fingers crossed!
macasgirl4eva

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:22 pm

ooh fingers crossed mac! i loved that about pregnancy- no period and then you have it for a few weeks after birth :? i also find that im always hungry the week leading up to my period as well. as mick would say 'i can eat the a.s.s out of a low flying duck'.

try and get through it the best way you know how mac. i cling to my jarrah hot chocolattes and try my best to keep my water close by.
kate_turner2000

Postby macasgirl4eva » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:24 pm

Might have to get onto the Jarrah hot choccie :D It seems the guys around here either loooove it.. or have an endorsement deal ;)
macasgirl4eva

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk