It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:19 am

Free Newsletter

Gross things you used to do in your former (pre-healthy) lif

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby originalmel » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:47 am

Yeah this is great hearing about all of this.

I love how everyone is writing "I used to". That's how I feel too, like all that behavious is in the past.

Liz, did you end up having a big baby? Cause I wasn't good while i was rpeg too, and my baby is on the 100th percentile. I'm worried that it was my fault! :( Although my husband is very tall and big too, so ?

Anyway, all we can do now is set a good example and teach them great lifestyle habits.

Mel
Mel

"Sugar is, essentially, a legalized recreational drug that's socially acceptable to consume."
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wozyNFd/]
[/url]
originalmel

Postby bluebox451 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:52 am

She was about 3.5kg so I guess that's normal but ever since birth she is always on the highest part of those damn charts! I just dont want her to turn out like I did although I watch my mother's bad eating habits to this day and know exactly why that happened. I know that I have taught her good habits which will help her in later life - even though she loves sweet foods (but then again, there arent many kids that dont).
bluebox451

Postby originalmel » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:59 am

Yeah my daughter loves sweets in a big big way too, but she gets very few of them. My son is the one on the 100th % but he's only 11 weeks old. My daughter is 4.5y and she a string bean but still on the 90th % because she's just tall and a bigger person. They are both in proportion though, both tall. I just worry about her sweet tooth.

At one of my uni lectures last year (it was about health), my lecturer said that it's been proven that babies develop a taste for the foods we eat during pregnancy. Even to the point where, if you don't eat carrots for example, when you start bub on solids, he is likely to refuse them, but eat the veges you ate. At least I ate lots of normal food too, but oh my god! I shat myself!
Mel

"Sugar is, essentially, a legalized recreational drug that's socially acceptable to consume."
[/url]
originalmel

Postby bluebox451 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:04 pm

That is soooo true! My daughter loves fruit and I lived on fruit all the way through my pregnancy. Meat and chicken and pretty much everything else made me gag (apart from the abovementioned chips and slurpee) :roll: :oops: :oops: If all her meals were made of fruit, she would be the happiest girl alive!
bluebox451

Postby originalmel » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:45 pm

It will be interesting to see the difference. My first too I ate good food, but also at crap. But I'm trying to conceive again so this time I will be eating healthy. Hopefully good habits are just as good as healthy food during preg, but we will see I suppose.

Mel
Mel

[/url]
originalmel

Postby bluebox451 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:59 pm

So am I! :lol: :lol: Been getting a bit clucky lately plus my mum has been on my back for a while (i was still in hospital from the first when she started asking me! ) :roll:
And yes, it will be interesting considering we have changed our habits so much. ANd they say its much easier to lose the baby weight if you were already active before so I will be keeping up my exercise all throughout. FIngers crossed it happens this year. Good luck with your efforts too! :D
bluebox451

Postby originalmel » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:22 pm

oh thanks!

Good luck to you too.

How old is your DD?
Mel

[/url]
originalmel

Postby bluebox451 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:30 pm

DD?? Sorry, I'm not very good at internet speak. :oops: :oops:
bluebox451

Postby originalmel » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:33 pm

oh sorry, your daughter. (dear daughter)
Mel

[/url]
originalmel

Postby bluebox451 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:49 pm

Duh! I'm so dumb! :roll:
She will be four on Friday :D
I have to get three cakes! One for creche, one I will cut with the grandparents on Friday night and a third when I take the kids (my sisters as well) for a picnic on Saturday. SHe 's so spoilt! But I will definately make sure to offload the leftovers to someone else. Cant be having temptations in the fridge, my resolve is weak lately. :(
bluebox451

Postby originalmel » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:53 pm

My resolve for sweets is so weak, I gave away my flour so i can't bake!!
Mel

[/url]
originalmel

Postby bluebox451 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:11 pm

That's a great idea! I think I have about 3kg of sugar in the cupboard I should get rid of - does anyone know if sugar goes off??
bluebox451

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:54 pm

i was always told sugar can keep for ages! as long as its in a dry place :)
kate_turner2000

Postby originalmel » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:15 pm

yeah, sugar wont go off - unfortunately!

Just chuck it out, it's cheap and very nasty!
Mel

[/url]
originalmel

Postby Groovychic » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:21 am

HHHMMMM reading through your posts I thought geez I really wasnt all that bad with my eating. Yes I would eat chocolate. Generally I would eat about 1/3 of the large block and Frank would eat the rest cos he could eat faster than me!!! But I tended to buy chocolate only about one a month or so. As for KFC or other fast foods, fish and chips included, it was at the absolute most about once in every 10 days. Lunch was never more than 2 sandwiches but most often just the 1 sandwich. If I went out for lunch, again only about once a month, I would have a ceasar salad or entree size pasta or something and rarely have a desert! :? :? Ice cream was about 3 tablespoons on average each night for about 4 nights and then nothing for a few weeks cos it wasnt on special at the supermarket!!! Biscuits tended to be 3 or 4 with a cup of tea, again not every day. I always eat some form of vegetable, whether cooked or raw, and at least 1 piece of fruit. I certainly eat less bread, pasta and rice now than I used to. I think my biggest problem before was the larger portions. Yep it may have been fairly good food but it was still too much. And too much carbs before in comparison to other food groups. I still have ice cream when we have it, but I only look for it if the kids are with me doing the grocery shopping. I buy them choc frogs as treats and don't tend to eat them. occassionally I will give in. But as you can see, its hard to change a reasonable diet to lose weight, except with portion control, which I still havent got the hang of yet! :oops:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk