It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:50 pm

Free Newsletter

snacking

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

snacking

Postby i.will.get.there. » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:38 pm

what do you do when you just feel like having a snack? i know about the carrots and cucumber with hummos, what about popcorn? how 'bad' is that? i just always get this snack-idea... as if i need to snack or i'll fall over. which is of course not true..

how do you girls overcome this habit??
i.will.get.there.

Postby Jisgone » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:44 pm

a cup and a half of lite butter flavoured popcorn (the one u pop in the packet in the microwave) is only 38 calories! its awesome for a snack
Jisgone

Postby i.will.get.there. » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:48 pm

thanks jewels... that might just do the trick!~
i.will.get.there.

Postby KimE » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:38 pm

dried fruit and nuts

yoghurt

l/f cottage cheese on crispbread
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:02 pm

I airpop my own popcorn and sprinkle with some McCormicks popcorn salt for an occasional snack..yummo and very little fat and not too bad on the calories
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Postby Lolly » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:17 pm

I snack all day :lol:

I start the day with a big brekky but my meals become little snacks about every 3 hours - I get too hungry waiting for mealtimes and tend to over do it if I wait so small snacks are better for me mentally.

I usually have things like, yoghurt, rice crackers, WW apricot pies, fruit - all good stuff that is low in cals but gives me lots of nutrients.

My lunch and dinner are generally very small portions of what everyone else is having so they are snack like as well.

Then I stop eating by 7pm
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:32 pm

mary mick my fiance loves pop corn and also has to have the mccormicks popcorn salt on his popcorn too :) he swears by it
kate_turner2000

Postby electrongirl » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:34 pm

I snack on things like:

Fruit
WW corn snacks
130g can of baked beans
flavoured tuna (no oil)
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:12 pm

glad I'm not the only one addicted to that stuff kate...for about a year we couldn't get it here at ANY supermarket...it was very traumatic for me :D ...I also spray my popcorn with a couple of sprays of that Fry Light Better Than Butter spray as it's coming out of the machine and sprinkle with the salt at the same time..hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I know it's not good to eat too much salt but I never put salt in my cooking and I don't have this snack very often...a weekend treat sometimes.

As far as snacks go... I should have mentioned my savoury muffin obsession...I have posted a couple of recipes in the Healthy Recipes section of the forum and just today I made the Zucchini muffin recipe that Emma posted in that section. To me these things are great to make and put in the freezer so you can pull just one from the freezer and stick it in the microwave and have a yummy healthy snack in a couple of minutes
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Return to Weight loss Talk