It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:17 am

Free Newsletter

Food Plan

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Food Plan

Postby originalmel » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:44 pm

Does anyone have any food plans they could share with me? i have done WW in the past but chucked out all my books. Now I'm having touble remembering what to eat.

I've done the Calorie King thing for the past 2 days, and I'm not eating enough protein or fibre or calories. My fat level is nearly there, and carbs aren't too bad.

I'm 91.1 now and 175cm, so maybe there's some people similar to me that could let me know what they eat each day. I don't want to be too restictive. I want to be sensible and go at a pace I can stay forever. Any tips would be excellent please!!!

It's tempting to try and lose weight fast, but I don't want my body going into starvation mode and holding on to the extra fat. I really want to do this in a managable way. This is it for me. If this doesn't work I will give up so it's do or die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I lost 1.4kg this week which I think is good for a first week, not too fast. And I'm going to excercise 3 times a week (1/2 hour sessions) for now.

Thanks!
Mel

"Sugar is, essentially, a legalized recreational drug that's socially acceptable to consume."
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wozyNFd/]
[/url]
originalmel

Postby milo » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:32 pm

I just try to eat salads alot and snack on fruit. I drink about 2 litres of water per day and I am bad but still have food which I shouldnt eat all the time but I cant bring myself to stop yet.

A personal trainer told me to have a salad before a meal so you get fuller on the good stuff.

Allow yourself 2 free nights where you can eat whatever but not have a total pig out

Allow yourself 3 treats per week such as a biscut

Excerise for 30 min as often as you can...

I followed it for a while and it did seem to work

Good luck
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:31 pm

mine is fairly unscientific - I just eat what I know to be good foods in amounts that don't overstuff me and do a good amount of exercise every day. Sort of a bit trial and error really.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby SarahC » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:12 am

I just eat foods that I know my body will agree with. I have figured out that carbs make me bloated... and not eating them makes it better (my weight seems to go up and down depending how many carbs I eat, it is bizzare!)

I'd say just eat good healthy foods, and make sure you don't drop your calories too low as your body will go into starvation mode and adapt to the low calorie conditions (speaking from experience lol). And keep up the planned excercise - sounds great! But don't forget to increase/vary it when it starts getting easy or your body will get used to that too :roll:
SarahC

Postby yummymummy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:23 am

I try to stay away from processed foods; although Im addicted to rivitas ATM and since Ive been doing that I feel great
I used to avoid carbs at my evening meal but since Ive began exercising daily(for 20-30min) Ive started having carbs usually in the form of lentils or brown rice with my dinner
Im also on sureslim which doesnt allow snacking between meals which works so well with me because Ive not got very good portion control!!
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Iwillbefit » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:16 am

I'm following a medium carb diet at the moment - I wake up and have a glass of water with apple cider vinger, then my walk every day for about 30mins -45mins sometimes, about 20mins after I get back I have my breakfast - I only eat fruit and mid morning I'll have a carb. Just now I had two slices of ryvita with some ricotta, half an apple and some seed mix (I feel like a bird when I say that lol)..

For lunch I'll have some protein, like fish or beef - I love my chicken but am starting to stray away from it, all these rumours of hormones and stuff have really put me off, and I can't afford organic chicken yet. It can be canned tuna or salmon, and I try to buy the red salmon as its higher is omega3 & 6. Then a salad with that and some soylin burgen bread - usually 1 - 2 slices but no more. Mid afternoon I'll have my protein shake or some yogurt with the seed mix and some natural sultanas (sunbeam has two types the natural sultana mix and the normal one which has vegetable oil in it). For dinner its the same as lunch without the carb. The latest that I have the carb is about 3.30-4pm.

All the measurements I do (protein carb and vegetable) are by the palm of my hand or just a little smaller, I find this incredibly easy with having little children and don't have the time for the points and stuff. And Jenny Craig is too expensive for me esp with a young family. I've only just started doing resistance exercises at home but I find them so boring lol but I still try and do it. Oh and I'm also taking fish oil tablets and drinking green tea, and staying away from anything that has a label on it...except yesterday I had a tiny bit of organic dark chocolate which was heavenly :mrgreen:

So far I've lost about 4.5 kg in 4-5 weeks (I didn't write down my start date :roll: but it was like the second week of january) and so far I'm happy with it, I didn't even break out ttom..oh and on Sundays' I'm a bit more free with what I eat but I watched myself a lttle on Sunday coz last Sunday I went beserk :lol: :lol: :lol:

ps: I also have the vinegar before I go to sleep...
I cracked the 90kg mark for the first time in two years, I'm happy!!
Iwillbefit

Postby bluebox451 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:39 am

SarahC wrote: I have figured out that carbs make me bloated... and not eating them makes it better (my weight seems to go up and down depending how many carbs I eat, it is bizzare!)

I know how you feel with the bloat thing, lately I even get bloated with fruit which never used to happen.
Anyway, did you know that every gram of carbohydrate in our body is bound by three grams of water. So, the more carbohydrates you consume the more water will be stored along with it. Going by this theory, if you consume 200g of carbohydrate in one day, then you will have also stored 600g of water. No wonder we have fluctuations in our weight!
Liz :)
bluebox451

Postby SarahC » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:35 pm

:lol: The other day as part of the program that I am trying, I ate nothing but fruit for a whole day. I reckon I would have eaten in excess of 300g of carbs... and I put on at least 1 kg :shock: So that would be about right :wink:
SarahC

Postby alayna1980 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:48 am

I am on a diet now, I have my own method: I go to aerobic classes 3 times a week for one hour, sauna twice; try to walk as often as possible; swim in week-ends, don't eat after 7 pm. I also use a very good product Hydro-Active Anti-Cellulite Body Milk from Aslaskin every day after bath or shower. I’ve been using it for a month now and I must say that results are showing up. I am very excited about this, because I have tried many many anti cellulite creams and this one is the first that actually works :) I will let you know, how things work
alayna1980

Postby Vegetable » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:06 am

I am pretty much doint ww Core plan, but I do include some foods that WW doesnt (light cheese, some dried fruit, etc) SO I am pretty much just eating low gi foods, 3 meals a day, as unprocessed as possible and fruit between meals. I always drink 2-3lts of water, and stay away from caffiene and sugar. I dont push myself too hard with the exercise, unfortunately the more I do, the worse it is for me... for some reason If if exercise more than 3 or 4 times a week, I get hideous pain in my legs and cant sleep at night, and my weightloss will slow right down and even stop :cry: So, I basically do powerwalks 2-3 times per week, sometimes do some low impact aerobics or pilates/yoga. (I do walk everyday in the morning with my 4 year old, but its such a gentle stroll that it doesnt affect me, and I dont count it as "exercise" although I know it kinda is)... make sense??? :P lol
Vegetable

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:10 pm

[quote="Iwillbefit"]I'm following a medium carb diet at the moment - I wake up and have a glass of water with apple cider vinger.."

Silly question here, but what is the purpose of adding apple cider vinegar to your water? Does it aid in weight loss?
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:26 pm

they say so- research has shown it does for some people- the ladies on the sureslim ad refer to it as a diet they have tried in the past
kate_turner2000

Return to Weight loss Talk